Quantcast

<«~ Wednesday (cough) GMT ~»>

It's blowing up a storm here and there's a light spring rain. On February 3rd.

I have to hang around to meet the unlucky soul who gets to service our oil fired boiler in this hoarder's household.

Still trying to figure out details of shipping the T275 to Tucson next month. Hinges on shipping container.

I have to do my income taxes at some point. Finances in the world of retirement are somewhat surreal. Since I hit 70.5 sometime next month I have to arrange required minimum dispersals from my IRAs. I have no idea what my income was last year nor what it will be this year, nor do I particularly care. H's net worth is roughly 10x mine, and she does not believe in and will not participate in, financial planning as I would approach it. Therefore, I simply drift along.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! It's windy and not too cold, but we should hit 50s later, and a lot of rain. Just when the trails were getting dry enough for some hero dirt riding. :rant:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! 20 miles OUTSIDE on the tri bike yesterday! I enjoyed my bike ride. I probably could have used a light jacket and thicker gloves. 'Twas a wee bit nipply.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rain here, mudmageddon continues.

Feel great this morning. It is amazing how much nicer things have been after I stopped caring about this stupid job. The stress and frustration take a toll.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Thanks to the mild winter weather, we're able to get new siding put on our house this week. It's coming along great. Next order of business will be getting rid of the stupid focking trees right in front of the house. They are way overgrown, and cutting them back only leaves bare branches.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
after rain here today, mostly sunny and mid-50s through sunday. sounds like some trailwork/riding weather to me!

back-to-back stuff all day. hopefully it'll go quick. been busy managing day-to-day stuff recently. need to motivate to get some future projects underway. also figure out a quick trip to NY in the next few weeks. @CBJ you up for some stouts???

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
snow and rain here today. it's pretty nasty out there. my son's school bus was cancelled, but we didn't get the email... so instead of walking, we drove. I hate driving, but it happens maybe 5-6x/year... not too bad I guess. man, i can't wait for summer.

edited to add: damn Dirty, that's really unfortunate. sorry to hear it. I hope she had a long, good life.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
In the actual office today. My stomach is currently trying to fold itself into a pretzel; must remedy with coffee.

It is super mild and rainy here. If my bike wasn't in 50 pieces, I'd be riding tonight.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Strong coffee is very good to me.... Dogs are fed and happily snoozing. I get an extra 20 minutes to chill this morning because I took the bus home last night so that I could skip driving to the yard this morning and just go from home to first pickup. Win

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
@Westy : any news from Seattle?
@I Are Baboon : that house is screaming for a big ol' front porch
@DirtyMike : sorry for your loss man. :(
I made a counter offer asking for an additional week of vacation. I am waiting on their response. My insider (the hiring manager) is doing what he can to push it through but these folks don't move quickly. If I get the extra week with no major reduction in any other part of the package it will be accepted in milliseconds.

Edit: is there any easy way to tag users? The code is simple enough but typing is tedious.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
after rain here today, mostly sunny and mid-50s through sunday. sounds like some trailwork/riding weather to me!

back-to-back stuff all day. hopefully it'll go quick. been busy managing day-to-day stuff recently. need to motivate to get some future projects underway. also figure out a quick trip to NY in the next few weeks. @CBJ you up for some stouts???
Yes, of course. I might have to find a couple of good ones you have to try. Heading down south next week but then I will be home again.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's hump day and Friday can't get here quick enough. Moar coffee is in order. If the sh!tstorm I sense brewing hits today, you will find me in the shed.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Cracked a tooth last night. Hurts, but still livable. Appt isn't until 2/11 because of my work schedule. Jaw definitely hurts, but presently just pressure pain.

Wifey is back tonight. Managed to not go out for dinner at all this week and ate at home, so saved about $25 on meals. Haley is getting on board with not going out for dinner when Wifey travels so that we can set aside extra cash to boost the 'Wifey wants a Q7' (and Haley wants the folding seat) fund.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy Turd day!
A friend took me for beers yesterday after work, it was good to catch up. Moab vacation planning is starting. Woot woot! It's been 2 years since I've been. Dinner with some lady friends tonight and then BAM, it's Friday.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rode my commuter road bike as a real road bike last night clip-less shoes and spandex. It needs some adjustments and I felt the extra weight but extra weight is only going to make me stronger.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Since I hit 70.5 sometime next month I have to arrange required minimum dispersals from my IRAs.
JBP, per my reading you don't have to take Required Minimum Distributions from your IRAs until Apr 1, 2017.

https://www.irs.gov/Retirement-Plans/Plan-Participant,-Employee/Retirement-Topics-Required-Minimum-Distributions-(RMDs)

Beginning date for your first required minimum distribution
  • IRAs (including SEP and SIMPLE IRAs)
    • April 1 of the year following the calendar year in which you reach age 70½.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
The wife's grandmother passed last night. Quick and sudden. Started coughing, ended up having multiple strokes, pronounced on the way to the hospital.
my condolences: at least going fast is way better than drawn out pain and illness. Hug your wife.
What Eric said.

is there any easy way to tag users? The code is simple enough but typing is tedious.
Do you dictate your posts usually?

'Wifey wants a Q7' (and Haley wants the folding seat) fund.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Spring broke on the garage door last night. Of course it wouldn't do it when its 55+ degrees, no, it does it when its 4 degrees. Least now I know what I'm doing today. :disgust:

I'm sick, or getting sick. Something.
ZikaEbolAids is currently circulating through the hangar. Managed to avoid it so far, but the wife mentioned not feeling so hot this morning, so it may be that I've brought it home. Or she picked something up at that petri dish of a school she works at.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
They're on the short list. How did the tires work for you?
they're fine on pavement and dirt. i have no first-hand experience on wood, but they didn't seem to be holding the kids I saw at the skate-park back. They're getting a little bald now, but after three years of pretty hard use, I can't complain.

Their biggest advantage is their weight. Some of those run bikes are so heavy, and at that age, weight makes a really big difference.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
they're fine on pavement and dirt. i have no first-hand experience on wood, but they didn't seem to be holding the kids I saw at the skate-park back. They're getting a little bald now, but after three years of pretty hard use, I can't complain.

Their biggest advantage is their weight. Some of those run bikes are so heavy, and at that age, weight makes a really big difference.
Can they fit 3" Gazzalodis?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
This variety of hops we are running is oily and makes my lungs ache. Never had asthma before and my wife was pissed this am, said I was having asthma attacks all night... I was asleep! She blames the bong shed, I blame toddler daycare petri dish and oily hops.

Oh and we have a house guest this week who parked behind my truck last night... little did she know that I back out of the driveway every am, and little did I know her car was behind me when I put it in reverse... SHIT

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I'm trying to figure out if I should go with pneumatic tires at first. The strider comes with those foam ones but can be upgraded.

I get the weight concerns too. I read online that you don't want the bike to weigh more than ~30% of the child's weight. Since my kid already weighs 30lbs its a bit less of a concern.

The stride is like 6.5lbs, the commencal Ramones is 9 something. Anyone know the weight for the DK nano?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Thanks to the mild winter weather, we're able to get new siding put on our house this week. It's coming along great. Next order of business will be getting rid of the stupid focking trees right in front of the house. They are way overgrown, and cutting them back only leaves bare branches.

Randi can do siding?