Quantcast

¬¬¬¬¬ God start to week MONDAY GTM ΩΩΩΩΩΩ

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just saw the surgeon and todays xray looked really good. I can start riding my road bike, lift shit, gardening etc. Still holding off on the mountain biking side of things but this is a big step as it really showed the operation was successful especially the pelvis bone had served its purpose. So very happy man today!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Busy day. Wifey will be busy, as she's leaving for Palm Springs tomorrow am, so girls are largely my responsibility today.
Despite me not being responsible, since I was largely telling my neighbor that she needed to do *something*, notably call an arborist, I'm still anxious about her tree. The guys who did the work were just randoms who were getting paid cash to pick up broken tree limbs. I had to tell them to make their first cut away from the trunk to take the branch down, then come back and remove the rest of the arm. I haven't checked it, but I have a creeping feeling that they cut that arm too close to the trunk too. Which can be dangerous to a tree's health.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey. Last night was one of my worst nights ever on this planet thanks to what I suspect was food poisoning. I was awake the entire night, projectile vomiting every 20-30 minutes. I don't know how my body kept finding more stuff to discharge, but it was frequent, painful, and awful. Of course I had the severe shits to go with it, along with a blazing headache and awful thirst. At least my stomach is no longer in pain, so hopefully I can get some sleep today and start hydrating. I am taking a sick day from work for the first time in probably 20 years. God dammit, I feel destroyed.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Hey. Last night was one of my worst nights ever on this planet thanks to what I suspect was food poisoning. I was awake the entire night, projectile vomiting every 20-30 minutes. I don't know how my body kept finding more stuff to discharge, but it was frequent, painful, and awful. Of course I had the severe shits to go with it, along with a blazing headache and awful thirst. At least my stomach is no longer in pain, so hopefully I can get some sleep today and start hydrating. I am taking a sick day from work for the first time in probably 20 years. God dammit, I feel destroyed.
that's what happens when i eat shrimp, lobster or crab. it's TRBL.

guess it's monday. better start mondaying.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
sorry babs, I hope you feel better soon. food poisoning is the worst...you can't even keep water down. At least maybe it's over? And you probably lost 10lb in the process!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
here, had a great weekend with the kids. Soccer on saturday, yard play, pool playdate, splashpad on sunday, ride on the tri bike in 95 degree heat...it was lit. couldn't get myself out of bed this morning though :( so no workout.

I can't find fucking road tires to save my life, either. might just milk the shitty hutchinsons for another half a year until I can find the right tire somewhere. supply chain issues are teh suxx0rs.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well now I can work with my arm again I have a whole bunch of work lined up around the house. First line of business is to start organizing my workshop again and fix two flat bikes.

Am I the only one still patching tubes?

I think its a waste not to do it. The tubes I do discard I use to tie up plants in the garden.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
present. coffee. lonely drive by myself to work this morning, as my daughter's preschool has ended. miss her silliness.

sore from DH yesterday, but not too sore. heat wave is over. much more seasonal, sunny and mid 70's today. at least i got to drive to work with the windows down.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Monkeypox.

Body clock is somewhere over Greenland, going to be a long day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I can't find fucking road tires to save my life, either. might just milk the shitty hutchinsons for another half a year until I can find the right tire somewhere. supply chain issues are teh suxx0rs.
after anything in particular? planet cyclery has gp5ks in stock and on sale

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that'll teach you to go to NYC

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
here, had a great weekend with the kids. Soccer on saturday, yard play, pool playdate, splashpad on sunday, ride on the tri bike in 95 degree heat...it was lit. couldn't get myself out of bed this morning though :( so no workout.

been running these for years

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
One of the things I hate about Mondays it that I actually have to go into the office and do some paperwork. Today was an exception. Found a packet on my desk. EMS Week gift from the company. nice stuff

Knife also has a seat belt cutter and a window glass breaker. good trauma shears too.

20220523_061337~2.jpg
20220523_061658.jpg
20220523_061720.jpg

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
I'm crashing the GMT.

Worked from home for most of last week, so this is my first day back in the office in awhile. Slept poorly in anticipation of having to be back here.... not enough coffee. We switched email servers on Friday, and somebody screwed up; I have no email this morning.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm crashing the GMT.

Worked from home for most of last week, so this is my first day back in the office in awhile. Slept poorly in anticipation of having to be back here.... not enough coffee. We switched email servers on Friday, and somebody screwed up; I have no email this morning.
Does your door access card still work? :busted:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Reading ultrasounds today. Starting day from home as there's basement work to oversee, then e-biking in to the hospital for the remainder of the day.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Just incredible riding. Inspiring and crazy.

Ditto for this clip re: scenery....

I am adulting very poorly re: work/bike balance for far too long (4yrs?), and thanks FSM that there's pron like this to get the juices flowing.

I should probably accidentally a soon / variety being the slice of life...

my current yeti just had it's 9th birthday but I have a deathly aversion to retail and too frugal to buy new in this inflated market.

Some of the bike hoars (SIC) on this site have had double digit + steed numbers in those same nine years...

Oh well supposed to get to 70 in Idahoozle this week and I may float the lazy river for first time this year

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Crew is at the house doing the windows right now. Thank Jeebus. They're also replacing all the questionable trim with PVC so I hopefully never have to worry about it again. We might actually be able to move in soon, once I finish tiling the shower.

Just incredible riding. Inspiring and crazy.

What he does and what I do are considered the same sport, but they in no way resemble one another. My God was that POV awesome.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Oh man, that blows...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I sorted my Louis L'Amour collection last night... after I took one of each for my collection I have a mountain of western paperback LL novels left over. What the fuck was I thinking 15 years ago.

Resized_20220522_210429.jpeg

;) I found a couple of old playing cards in these books also.

Also... what the hell should I do with my BMX and MTB magazine collections from 20+ years ago?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I sorted my Louis L'Amour collection last night... after I took one of each for my collection I have a mountain of western paperback LL novels left over. What the fuck was I thinking 15 years ago.

View attachment 176778

;) I found a couple of old playing cards in these books also.

Also... what the hell should I do with my BMX and MTB magazine collections from 20+ years ago?
Seek help. :panic: ;)