Quantcast

¬¬∆∆‹«©ƒƒ - Monday GTM - ©ƒ®éßßéé¥ü∫√

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Good day with the old high school friends on Saturday. The more brave elements decided to continue and headed into town for some clubbing. I am happy I went home.

Sunny early spring days continue its such a nice change after a winter of darkness and rain. Now the frost at night just need to go away so the plants can really start the growth process.

Hoping to get a date for my operation tomorrow.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
After 90% killing my front wheel I have been on an internet mission trying to figure out a sensible course of action that lets me get back riding soonest and mitigates my worries about the damage I have obviously done to the damn thing. I need a bike I can trust to go fast, and a near taco’d front rim on stretched spokes doesn’t inspire confidence.

Once you start pricing up a proper fix it’s close to a half decent new wheel. Once you add in lead times in Covid 2022 it’s generally horrible. Sigh.
I’m supposed to be going on an bike adventure soon and I need a fully operational battle station by then.

I am therefore circling the inevitability of a new/second wheelset, which I have wanted for ages so I can have a backup/street set of wheels for town missions, so this is an opportunity from that angle. Can you tell I am justifying a purchase to myself here?
Then I could fix up the old wheel at my leisure at a sensible cost and optimise a ‘perfect’ new set you see… I’d like 35mm internal on the front as well as the rear. I’d like a more instantaneous engagement. I’d really like some carbon rims as I ride a lot of rocky shit and more vertical compliance would be sweet. Arrgh. I mean seriously what else I am I gonna spend my money on? Don’t I have a moral responsibility to give back to my local economy anyway?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I have a Boost 27.5 DT Swiss you can have.
Thank you, but Shhh! My wife may hear! :D And anyway it’s a 29 I need on the front. But thank you for the offer, and best of luck with the op. That’s some actual real shit compared to my consumer bs.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
ahhh strong espresso at 0330 whilst the dogs feast on their morning kibble

horse shows are canceled across California due to a fatal EHV-1 outbreak so I have next weekend off. Need to plan a two day trip somewhere with the camper and good fishing..hurt me

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Happy to report I did not die overnight.

working a bit before heading out for our vid's third poke.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
After 90% killing my front wheel I have been on an internet mission trying to figure out a sensible course of action that lets me get back riding soonest and mitigates my worries about the damage I have obviously done to the damn thing. I need a bike I can trust to go fast, and a near taco’d front rim on stretched spokes doesn’t inspire confidence.

Once you start pricing up a proper fix it’s close to a half decent new wheel. Once you add in lead times in Covid 2022 it’s generally horrible. Sigh.
I’m supposed to be going on an bike adventure soon and I need a fully operational battle station by then.

I am therefore circling the inevitability of a new/second wheelset, which I have wanted for ages so I can have a backup/street set of wheels for town missions, so this is an opportunity from that angle. Can you tell I am justifying a purchase to myself here?
Then I could fix up the old wheel at my leisure at a sensible cost and optimise a ‘perfect’ new set you see… I’d like 35mm internal on the front as well as the rear. I’d like a more instantaneous engagement. I’d really like some carbon rims as I ride a lot of rocky shit and more vertical compliance would be sweet. Arrgh. I mean seriously what else I am I gonna spend my money on? Don’t I have a moral responsibility to give back to my local economy anyway?
Can you get We Are One wheels?

Not made locally to you, but they're made in canada.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Day off today, supposed to go skiing.

But with the super high temperatures and rain yesterday, followed by freezing over night, I fear it'll be a giant sheet of ice out there.

Decisions. Go risk it or just stay at home, relax and enjoy the day off?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
kid had a bed dream in the middle of the night. she apparently thought the russians were coming for her. WTF- we don't talk about the war at home largely for the reason...although we have tried to reassure her in the past that whatever is going on, it doesn't affect us at home. Parenting is a trip.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
kid had a bed dream in the middle of the night. she apparently thought the russians were coming for her. WTF- we don't talk about the war at home largely for the reason...although we have tried to reassure her in the past that whatever is going on, it doesn't affect us at home. Parenting is a trip.
i've made my wife turn the news off while the kids are around these days.