Crawlorado
you're at least a decade closer to boomers than me
Age is just a number.

Do you have or do any of the following?
- White New Balances or Sketchers
- Light wash jeans, preferably Kirkland Signature
- Glasses with transition lenses
- tucked in shirt, all the time
- Date night = Chili's, Applebee's, or the 99. Fajitas if you are feeling particularly adevnturous that afternoon
- complain that kids don't learn to write in cursive any longer
- pay for groceries with checks

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Age is just a number.

Do you have or do any of the following?
- White New Balances or Sketchers
- Light wash jeans, preferably Kirkland Signature
- Glasses with transition lenses
- tucked in shirt, all the time
- Date night = Chili's, Applebee's, or the 99. Fajitas if you are feeling particularly adevnturous that afternoon
- complain that kids don't learn to write in cursive any longer
- pay for groceries with checks
complete strikeout. guess i'm safe.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
heading out to the dentists in an hour. it's been over a year. had an appointment back in September, but I had to cancel due to my back.

speaking of which, I saw the surgeon on Friday. he said everything looked perfect and discharged me from his clinic (if I need to see him again, my family doctor can refer me, and mention that I had been patient before). when I asked about the pain I've been having for the past three months, he said it was likely due to "scar tissue reconfiguration". as the back heals, the scar tissue will put pressure on my nerves which causes the pain. he said it should go away on its own, usually in about a year. usually. I should work it out with my physio. this is frustrating, because the pain is often debilitating. I went for a fatbike ride on Thursday, and it was a little longer and a little harder than previous rides, which is good. but after about an hour and 20 minutes, I could distinctly feel a bar in my back. the surgeon said that from my spine flexing above and below the fused vertebrae. the only way to negate that is to ensure really good alignment of the spine, to focus on position. ugh. I thought this would be over sooner. I guess I still have lots of work to do. which is fine for me, but my wife is growing impatient with all the lying on the couch I need to do, and my kids are less and less sympathetic too...

rain/slush/snow and back again is falling from the sky at the moment. I hate these transition seasons...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I could distinctly feel a bar in my back. the surgeon said that from my spine flexing above and below the fused vertebrae. the only way to negate that is to ensure really good alignment of the spine, to focus on position. ugh. I thought this would be over sooner.
Welcome to a lifetime of it. My sympathies. Work on that posture.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
heading out to the dentists in an hour. it's been over a year. had an appointment back in September, but I had to cancel due to my back.

speaking of which, I saw the surgeon on Friday. he said everything looked perfect and discharged me from his clinic (if I need to see him again, my family doctor can refer me, and mention that I had been patient before). when I asked about the pain I've been having for the past three months, he said it was likely due to "scar tissue reconfiguration". as the back heals, the scar tissue will put pressure on my nerves which causes the pain. he said it should go away on its own, usually in about a year. usually. I should work it out with my physio. this is frustrating, because the pain is often debilitating. I went for a fatbike ride on Thursday, and it was a little longer and a little harder than previous rides, which is good. but after about an hour and 20 minutes, I could distinctly feel a bar in my back. the surgeon said that from my spine flexing above and below the fused vertebrae. the only way to negate that is to ensure really good alignment of the spine, to focus on position. ugh. I thought this would be over sooner. I guess I still have lots of work to do. which is fine for me, but my wife is growing impatient with all the lying on the couch I need to do, and my kids are less and less sympathetic too...

rain/slush/snow and back again is falling from the sky at the moment. I hate these transition seasons...
Breaking up scar tissue via stretching is a giant pain in the ass. Been there, don’t want to do again. Good luck.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I've got my Dolby Cinema ticket for tonight.
i saw it in imax....in a thetre that hasn't been remodeled into recliners for fatties....

still has a capacity for 279 people....

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
friendly reminder from phone to see uncle acid tonight in asheville...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Present, leftover pizza for breakfast, so it's all downhill from there.

I need a bike I can trust to go fast, and a near taco’d front rim on stretched spokes doesn’t inspire confidence.

I’d like 35mm internal on the front as well as the rear. I’d like a more instantaneous engagement. I’d really like some carbon rims as I ride a lot of rocky shit and more vertical compliance would be sweet.

May I make an expensive recommendation based on the quoted tidbits?

I9! My previous set is on it's I think 7th season and have never seen a truing stand, despite many a sketchy line choice. I know it's not a case of riding like delicate flowers either because I used to tweak wheels constantly, and my buddy who bought the bike they're on from me has since sold it and folded 3 rear wheels on his new one, and now also has I9s on his new bike, wheel problems are solved.

Not sure what kind of lead time you'd be looking at down there in Peter Jackson Land, but they're worth every penny IMHO. Hydra engagement is next level.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i saw it in imax....in a thetre that hasn't been remodeled into recliners for fatties....

still has a capacity for 279 people....
I do like the comfy recliners at the Dolby Cinema joint. Subwoofers or at least chair shakers at each seat, too.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
A co worker asked me why her sons bike was not smooth when she turned the handle bars. Welp there is your problem. Race and bearings had ground themselves into a nice mixture. I guess be being a hoarder made this kids day. I had a 1” threaded headset in a box. Waaalaaa.
3E7825FB-8F7B-47A2-97F9-E03C45E584AE.jpeg

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Just spent far too much money on some new crabon furbee wheelz. I am stoked and sort of weirded out. I never spent anything like this much money on wheels. Really too much money tbh, but what the hell it’s the end of the world. Even if not, no BS lifetime guarantee etc, and supporting local business.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
y tho? hope pro4 + ex471s or 511s and go....
Those are both 30mm (or less) internal though. I wanted 35, would mean h611s, which are ‘too heavy’. Also time is a factor. No one locally except these guys can deliver. I have a trip booked and need them inside two weeks. I guess the true answer is simply ‘because I can’. :shrug: They are very pretty too, and I have colour coded them to match my bike. Yes I am a cunt.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
y tho? hope pro4 + ex471s or 511s and go....
What about the30mm wide XM481 all mountain model? I'm looking at future wheelsets (on Hopes, most likely, but we'll see) and I'm wondering if the few grams saved would be worth it.

Then again, I'm also considering doing a light wheelset for epics and a heavy wheelset with heavy rubber for the techy days. In which case, the 511 or 611 would be the ticket for the big guys...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
What about the30mm wide XM481 all mountain model? I'm looking at future wheelsets (on Hopes, most likely, but we'll see) and I'm wondering if the few grams saved would be worth it.

Then again, I'm also considering doing a light wheelset for epics and a heavy wheelset with heavy rubber for the techy days. In which case, the 511 or 611 would be the ticket for the big guys...
i just got a set of 560's for the DH bike. will report back.