Quantcast

¬°°§ Grizzly Meat Tacos §°°¬

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! Yesterday was the nicest day of the year and I spent the entire day sick on the couch while Wife went out for a four hour road ride. FML. At least I'm feeling better today.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
worked yesterday, hot dusty with a high pollen count at the show grounds, my allergies almost kicked my ass. Trouble shooting my hitch receivers trailer plug. no power to the AUX trailer pin ( marked + on the pin cover) all the other pins have power so all the external running and turn signals work on the trailer but no inside lights. My old truck has the same set up and it powers the trailer just fine (it has power at that pin). Tracking down fuses and relays in the new truck is a royal pain.

At least I did not see the MIL yesterday:banana:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I played much Fallout yesterday, watched the snow, and generally enjoyed having the children looked after much of the day by the mother in law and her sister (in for the weekend for Yuna's birthday).

Good pork chop for dinner, too, and watched Spectre on the big basement tv afterwards. I liked it more than the reviews would have led me to believe.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Snow storm dumped probably 14" at the house though it was of little consequence as the neighbor's tree blocked most of it from reaching my driveway. Score! Lots of tree limbs down around the neighborhood though and here at work.

Made a tasty rack of ribs and some corn bread yesterday. Also wrenched a little bit on the bike and checked a few things off of the to do list. Admired the buttpluggery of a prior owner of my house for constructing the bar in such a way that the mini-fridge cannot be removed without taking off trim or cutting the cord. Way to go!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! I entered to bed at 8:30 last night and got over 10 hours of sleep, I feel pretty rested. This is my last week of half days and the weather looks good, will try to make it a 4 ride week.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello again.

Today is my only full day in my own office this week. Need to take full advantage and bust out as much work as I can.

First group ride is scheduled for Wednesday at 7:00pm. If I can make it, they are going to absolutely kick my ass into submission, if yesterday was any sort of sign. It'll be good though.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Finally got word on taxes: refund ~$8500. I clearly had too much withheld. Very excited to not have to pay taxes this year. That's going straight to the liquid cash fund, so a good feeling to add a big chunk to the "we're not fully employed" fund.
Otherwise, parent's were in town so did family stuff. Got our family membership to the Denver Nature and Science museum, which Haley is very excited about. Also did the brewery tour at Breckenridge Brewery.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
doing the herp a derp. coffee now, poop soon.

last night dinner was grilled baked potatoes, pineapple, and shrimp. beers were also drank.

first right of the mattoc on the spitfire went well. world of difference. new XT pedals are nice as well.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Finally got word on taxes: refund ~$8500. I clearly had too much withheld. Very excited to not have to pay taxes this year.
Nice. I ended up owing ~$4600 to the feds. CO owes me just about $6k. This would be fine except that Colorado is graciously allowing themselves up to 60 days above normal turnaround time to process refunds.

:facepalm:

The nice thing is that it'll seem like found money when it finally shows up in the summer.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo. Got out for 1st good trail ride of the season Saturday...my "remote" area was frickin' packed...found cool junk at least:

Got the kid out Sunday for his 1st trail ride of teh year, went WAY too well (no complaining)...we do a double track ride out to a cliff and back. He killed it time wise, time to add in some other trails! Best quote, "riding on rocks is fun!" Maybe it also helped that I said the best way to keep bees away was to ride fast???

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Fells like summer today. Rode with my wife to work. Thinking about heading south with the boys on Friday for some spring break boys trip like we did last year but not sure where to go and what to do. Last year we were in Miami but our friend moved away.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Nice. I ended up owing ~$4600 to the feds. CO owes me just about $6k. This would be fine except that Colorado is graciously allowing themselves up to 60 days above normal turnaround time to process refunds.

:facepalm:

The nice thing is that it'll seem like found money when it finally shows up in the summer.
That's not a bad float period. I have paid ~$15k each year since we moved here, so this is awesome. One of the big perks of having Wifey go full time with her prior employer and biggest client, is that they end up taking the employer taxes. It does show that we weren't charging enough before, but 20-20.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Still currently on "vacation". The poor kid across the street didn't have a bike to ride because his dad won't let him bring his bike to his mom's house. So my wife being the amazing woman she is picked up a walmart bike at Goodwill for $30. Not a bad bike for an 8 year old, so I tore it down, ordered some cranks (165mm), brakes, and pedals off ebay and made him help me paint it and put it back together. I taught him about how the brakes work and how to adjust them, he learned how to use the chain tool, he repacked the new bearings we got at the lbs.

One issue I ran into was with the cranks. They are early 80's one piece, nothing special. But the bottom bracket bearing race threads are finer than the ones that came off the bike. I went to the hokey ass shop here in town and we scrounged through some stuff but all we found were the same courser thread.

So where can I find fine thread bearing races? Was there a year change for this? Or is it something funky?

And the pedals (first thing ordered) won't show up until today, so for now he is rocking long ass cranks and mismatched pedals. But he is one happy bastard and it was only about $75 total cost.

Adjusting the seat

And he's rollin

Now I need to do something for his little bother. His grandma got him a mini mountain bike at Walmart and its too big and he has no idea what the gears are for. I explained to the neighbour that 5 year olds are best off with a single speed bike. Simple is best. Single speed, coaster brake.

I kept telling him "you're too close, hold the can a foot away" I made him sand all the runs :rofl:

He picked the color, it's actually safety reflective paint and looks cool with the black parts.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
The poor kid across the street didn't have a bike to ride because his dad won't let him bring his bike to his mom's house. So my wife being the amazing woman she is picked up a walmart bike at Goodwill for $30
I think it's safe to say that we all expect you to +Rep the hell out of Mrs. jimmydean for this.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Yo. Got out for 1st good trail ride of the season Saturday...my "remote" area was frickin' packed...found cool junk at least:

Got the kid out Sunday for his 1st trail ride of teh year, went WAY too well (no complaining)...we do a double track ride out to a cliff and back. He killed it time wise, time to add in some other trails! Best quote, "riding on rocks is fun!" Maybe it also helped that I said the best way to keep bees away was to ride fast???
Sinister FTW!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Pollen was horrible yesterday and will most likely be worse today. Was really sucking wind on yesterday's ride and couldn't figure out why until the guy I was riding with said something. Been hacking up globs of ick...

In other news, according to the race results, DirtyGirl earned herself a top five finish in the Pisgah Stage race, beating Sue Haywood. I kid her all the time about being pro level and she always denies it. I also repeat this mantra in my head when she drops me on big climbs. Takes the sting out a bit.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Pollen was horrible yesterday and will most likely be worse today. Was really sucking wind on yesterday's ride and couldn't figure out why until the guy I was riding with said something. Been hacking up globs of ick...

In other news, according to the race results, DirtyGirl earned herself a top five finish in the Pisgah Stage race, beating Sue Haywood. I kid her all the time about being pro level and she always denies it. I also repeat this mantra in my head when she drops me on big climbs. Takes the sting out a bit.
dang, beating sue haywood ANJ.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Ain'tNoJoke
Last year, after she got back from bikepacking the Colorado trail, she got right on my back wheel on a descent and said, " why are you going slow, don't you know you have a chick behind you ?" :rofl:

Her personal trails are so off the chain technical, that few of her other riding friends ride there more than once or twice. I wear knee pads and curse a lot. She of course rips it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So about these damn cranks, what gives?

I found another set for $8 and they are on the way. Hope the races fit. :shakefist:

<edit> Thanks all. I just don't understand how you can deny a kid a bike. Little monkey wants another cruiser, so I've been looking for a huffy to pimp.

My sick ass bikes as a kid were hand me downs from my richer friends. Bought my complete PK Ripper for $75. New drive parts, tires, grips and coat of paint and it was pimptastic. :rofl:

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
gruitr?

there was a sinister shenanigans on ebay off and on for a month or two.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ive been told a bad back is a sign of weak abs
partially that, but i've got some lingering issues from a minor herniated disc. what's weird is that i'm exercising again, with a big focus on core and abs, and the pain has been getting more pronounced.