Quantcast

®¢® zero dark Thursday gmt ®¢®

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Early start early finish. But damn 0230 is early. Leaving this afternoon to work a horse show by Sacramento. It will be 105* when I hit the road. Heat wave should break tonight and tomorrow should only hit the high 80s

Coffee time

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I'm headed up to Mont-Tremblant today with a caravan. Should be a fun. For anyone with nothing better to do Sunday and wants to check my progress, I am bib 2231. I m shooting for a 1:30 swim, 6:00 bike, and 4:00 hour run, to finish under 12 hours. But really, just finishing under the 17 hour cutoff will be good enough.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Early start early finish. But damn 0230 is early. Leaving this afternoon to work a horse show by Sacramento. It will be 105* when I hit the road. Heat wave should break tonight and tomorrow should only hit the high 80s

Coffee time
What kind of horse show?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
'Morning. I'm headed up to Mont-Tremblant today with a caravan. Should be a fun. For anyone with nothing better to do Sunday and wants to check my progress, I am bib 2231. I m shooting for a 1:30 swim, 6:00 bike, and 4:00 hour run, to finish under 12 hours. But really, just finishing under the 17 hour cutoff will be good enough.

Good luck! (And be careful of the support vehicles)

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got rained out of movie in the park last night. Just as they were about to start the movie, the skies opened up. Thankfully I had thought to bring rain jackets. Kids were bummed but still well behaved despite the rain, but we came home, dried off & changed, popped some popcorn, and watched a movie anyways.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fun ride last night. Pumped the rear tire on the bike up to about 30psi before starting, but I still burped it about 5 minutes in. A few more big burps mid ride left the tire pretty much flat. Just need moar pressure or ???

Saw an interesting sight this morning. Guy pulled up beside me on a motorcycle, wearing a proper riding jacket, but had short jean cutoff shorts, some tiny knee pads and clogs for shoes. Bike also had no plates. :confused:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Fun ride last night. Pumped the rear tire on the bike up to about 30psi before starting, but I still burped it about 5 minutes in. A few more big burps mid ride left the tire pretty much flat. Just need moar pressure or ???

Saw an interesting sight this morning. Guy pulled up beside me on a motorcycle, wearing a proper riding jacket, but had short jean cutoff shorts, some tiny knee pads and clogs for shoes. Bike also had no plates. :confused:
WT tire on narrowishihh rim?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm kinda sad about my car, but happy at the same time. Lots of meetings today and a follow-up list that is too long.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
working in NJ today. had been planning to bring a bike to ride at some not so local trails on the drive home, but last night's rain put a damper on that. perhaps tomorrow or monday (i'll be here both days)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm kinda sad about my car, but happy at the same time. Lots of meetings today and a follow-up list that is too long.
So what's the post-M plan for your stable? Did you figure out if an extended warranty for the Infiniti was possible?

I will be at work for quite a few hours today… but not working. Research symposium, research meeting with my section, and then a welcome reception for the people who started in July (residents, fellows, faculty, staff, researchers).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So what's the post-M plan for your stable? Did you figure out if an extended warranty for the Infiniti was possible?

I will be at work for quite a few hours today… but not working. Research symposium, research meeting with my section, and then a welcome reception for the people who started in July (residents, fellows, faculty, staff, researchers).
He should figure out a way to import an x class

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I suppose if you're going to spend your entire tech life in Windows, you might get away with some other shitty editor. But if you're going to ever make forays into the Linux/Unix world... you should at least get reasonably comfortable with vi.

:nerd:
Every server we manage is some distribution of Ubuntu, and every single one of them has Nano installed. I spend zero percent of my time dealing with anything Windows. Wait, I take that back... Dad has a Windows machine so maybe like .00004% of my tech life has to deal with that shit.

As for being “reasonably comfortable with Vi”... well yeah. If that’s all there is I can make it work. I might not be a “real engineer” but I’m also not an idiot. Which is also why I will not use it if something else is installed. :D

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Every server we manage is some distribution of Ubuntu, and every single one of them has Nano installed. I spend zero percent of my time dealing with anything Windows. Wait, I take that back... Dad has a Windows machine so maybe like .00004% of my tech life has to deal with that shit.

As for being “reasonably comfortable with Vi”... well yeah. If that’s all there is I can make it work. I might not be a “real engineer” but I’m also not an idiot. Which is also why I will not use it if something else is installed. :D

Nano *is* cute. I'll grant it that.

For the record: I am not a real developer. In fact, I'm not any kind of developer. I can't code for shit. And to be honest, when I started working in *nix, vi was the only real option... other than Emacs. :disgust1:

I did try nano once.