Quantcast

®¥π¥ FTS Friderp gmt ¥π¥®

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Two states, two financial institutions, and @FSM only knows how much time on the phone, I've been told that the title to the Jeep is finally on the way to my house. Shit like this is why I hang onto a vehicle until it's literally falling apart underneath me. Fuck absolutely everything about purchasing a car.
Should have got a Volvo.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I decided to drive the M today because I was running late and it's nice out, so why the fuck not. I just pulled up to a client location and two guys in their early-30's coming out bee lined to my car and started doing the slack-jawed walk around. I had the shades and window screen up but hadn't gotten out of the car yet. They were talking about the specs of the car, how fast they are, etc. When I got out they just stopped and one of them said, I shit your not, "I LOVE your car. This thing is amazing!" I decided to have some fun as I was walking in and left him with "Thanks. It's an unbadged Dinan at 500hp too". I think their heads damn near exploded. That being said, it wasn't until I got inside that I realized that I should have told them it was for sale. Derp.
See, you can't, nor do you want, to sell it.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Had a super-deep dent in my rim, but it held air with the tire that was on it for over a year...put on a new DD casing, not a chance.
I guess I will rebuild a wheel today.
Thats funny, was just cleaning my real wheel before this race and found my dt471 cracked and bowed out, new tire sliced at the rim but holding air. Haha, I have 18 hours to find a wheel.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
@roflbox alot of your fellow raleighians come to this particular beach.
need to check that area out. we either go to emerald isle or edisto

quick local ride. hit the pirate dh trail. had no back brakes. so....yeah, otb b/c didn't ease off front brakes in a turn in time. good stuff. 1500' in 7.5 miles. notbad for being 10 miles from charlotte.

got behind le e-bimmer on the way home.
1564170664515.jpeg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And... Wifey just backed into a not fully opened garage door. Door is fucked and parts of the Infiniti have been ripped off. Son of a mother fucker.
It's not as bad as it could be, but it's not fucking pretty. We might be getting an insurance claim. Mother. Fucker.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Ok job hunting experts, how do you determine the value of benefits??

I'm going to have to make a call between hourly work with no benefits at a juicy rate or salary work with good benefits at a lower rate.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

I'm going to have to make a call between hourly work with no benefits at a juicy rate or salary work with good benefits at a lower rate.
This should be fairly straightforward.

What would you pay for health insurance on the open market? What's the difference to your presumably subsidized group premium? Compare apples to apples here, not some crap Bronze plan, etc.

What's the monetary value to you of access to a tax-deferred retirement account?

What other benefits are you referring to?

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
This should be fairly straightforward.

What would you pay for health insurance on the open market? What's the difference to your presumably subsidized group premium? Compare apples to apples here, not some crap Bronze plan, etc.

What's the monetary value to you of access to a tax-deferred retirement account?

What other benefits are you referring to?
The retirement plan might be the tough one to calculate. I'd have to figure out the tax difference and estimate my contribution level and employer matching rate.

I'm currently mooching health/dental/vision from my fiance as a dependent. So I guess just subtract that cost from the hourly rate. There's a few other items such as life and disability insurance that I can just subtract out.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

Don’t forget to place a value on flexible schedule, if that’s a factor.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
My experience has been that flexibility is invaluable.
THIS.
long live mountains mondays and fuckit fridays, which make working at a nonprofit worth it.
You guys make some good points. The hourly group wants to hire me on as an employee eventually. They just can't get clearance from the corporate offices in Australia.

They also said they would give me a counter offer. Mayhaps this is the way to go.