Quantcast

®¥π¥ FTS Friderp gmt ¥π¥®

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You guys make some good points. The hourly group wants to hire me on as an employee eventually. They just can't get clearance from the corporate offices in Australia.

They also said they would give me a counter offer. Mayhaps this is the way to go.
Definitely evaluate their counter-offer but don't decide based off of unenforceable future "promises". See jimmydean's continued plight as a perma-contractor.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
This is at at will State. Realistically how long would you stay at either job before you quit or get let go. If it's just short term take the money and run. If it's a place for the Long haul then look at the Long term outcomes and pick the place that lines your pocket and is enjoyable

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Definitely evaluate their counter-offer but don't decide based off of unenforceable future "promises". See jimmydean's continued plight as a perma-contractor.
True but these guys really need me. They have more work than they can handle and I can do it well. They actually just landed a multi year multi million dollar contact that my previous employer was bidding against them for. Even if I stay on as a contractor they'll have 40 hours a week for me for the foreseeable future and as @eric strt6 pointed out they can kick me to the curb either way at the drop of a hat.

This is at at will State. Realistically how long would you stay at either job before you quit or get let go. If it's just short term take the money and run. If it's a place for the Long haul then look at the Long term outcomes and pick the place that lines your pocket and is enjoyable
I don't like to job hunt and I tend to stick around in one spot for a long time so hopefully whatever I get is for the long haul. If an employer treats me well I'm a loyal person rather than someone to chase a bigger pay day. I'd rather be in a good work environment rather than get a few extra $$.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
need to check that area out. we either go to emerald isle or edisto

quick local ride. hit the pirate dh trail. had no back brakes. so....yeah, otb b/c didn't ease off front brakes in a turn in time. good stuff. 1500' in 7.5 miles. notbad for being 10 miles from charlotte.

got behind le e-bimmer on the way home. View attachment 135871
That beemer has a Porsche buried in it's back bumper...

And KT? Going to hit Green Mountain Trails? It's worth it...
Kingdom will be Sunday to Tuesday, before Killington.

Green Mountain looks cool but I dont think we'll have time. We have 4 50% off passes for Killington that we'd like to take advantage of. But maybe we can stop at Green on the way to killington, on the Wednesday...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My gal and I hung out with Dad and my two aunts tonight, pretty great. Something in the conversation reminddd my Dad of this movie, gonna check it out soon I think. Looks hilarious, for certain values of hilarious.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:picsstfu:

Show me the carnage!!!
Car it at the dealer getting and estimate; garage after further assessment only has damage to the bottom panel. Car won't be cheap though. The antenna (GPS, satellite, etc) was sheared off, roof dented, and scraping of the paint along the roof to the antenna.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Car it at the dealer getting and estimate; garage after further assessment only has damage to the bottom panel. Car won't be cheap though. The antenna (GPS, satellite, etc) was sheared off, roof dented, and scraping of the paint along the roof to the antenna.
Damn... She tried to gun it out of there.

Not a good sign. As someone with kids who might wander behind a car you should have a talk with her regarding safe driving practices. Or maybe just make her back it in.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
hey! can we get a :monkey: ride down at PP organized before it friggin' starts snowing again?
Sure, hit me up, yo! PP is pretty ridabru year round. Packed snow and ice can make some of it easier to ride.

Aren’t there some rides waaay up yonder in the FR ‘high country’ that end in Palmer Park?
Early October, perhaps?
You must be thinking of something else, Palmer is right square in the middle of town.