Quantcast

®®®®® Monday .... üüüüüü

Jun 24, 2024
JTown
Morning Monkeys.

Last night trying to keep my Dad's mind occupied we started arranging coins that he had in a bag and found a couple of ones that I found interesting.
1935 5 cent, 1921 fitty cent (silver), 1972 Can cent, 1953 5 peso (silver), 1964 100 Yen Olympic commemorative coin.

5C1.jpg
5C2.jpg
50c1.jpg
50c2.jpg
C1.jpg
C2.jpg
P1.jpg
P2.jpg
Y1.jpg
Y2.jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
The hospice floor might be the most Zen place I've ever stepped foot in.
Wife's friend recently landed in hospice following a bout with Covid. She's 99, so no real surprise, but we had planned on paying her a visit in the next few weeks. Damn shame, she was a badass lady.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Found out that an acquaintance here in town committed suicide yesterday. Teh Spousal Unit™ works with his wife, I feel very sad for her and their teenage son. I haven’t seen him in quite some time, but he always seemed like a super happy, social, together kind of dude. I didn’t know him really at all, though finding this out hasn’t really helped raise my spirits from yesterday.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Found out that an acquaintance here in town committed suicide yesterday. Teh Spousal Unit™ works with his wife, I feel very sad for her and their teenage son. I haven’t seen him in quite some time, but he always seemed like a super happy, social, together kind of dude. I didn’t know him really at all, though finding this out hasn’t really helped raise my spirits from yesterday.
That sucks, man. :(

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sorry man. We're here, a one of a kind e-therapy group

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey just got rear-ended badly. At the hospital now getting a CT scan. She has a concussion for sure, but they are just being cautious. If there was ever a place for it to happen though, it's where she was. Across the street from the fire station, 1/4 mile from the PD, and to add to it, one of my cities from my prior role. Knowing that my friends were taking care of her from 2min on... Can't beat that. The call "Hey, it's [first name]. She's okay. We arrested the guy already. Just get down here."

50/50 as to whether her car is toast or not. Zero fucks, because cars are disposable at the end of the day.

Jun 24, 2024
JTown
Damn :(

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Wifey just got rear-ended badly. At the hospital now getting a CT scan. She has a concussion for sure, but they are just being cautious. If there was ever a place for it to happen though, it's where she was. Across the street from the fire station, 1/4 mile from the PD, and to add to it, one of my cities from my prior role. Knowing that my friends were taking care of her from 2min on... Can't beat that. The call "Hey, it's [first name]. She's okay. We arrested the guy already. Just get down here."

50/50 as to whether her car is toast or not. Zero fucks, because cars are disposable at the end of the day.
Sheesh, sending good vibes.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Ot4KPrbq98rKZwKk7C.gif

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

DAMMIT. hope a concussion is all it is. sorry man.

and DAMMIT @Full Trucker sorry dude.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Oof. Best wishes.

I total a car every 2-3 years for the last 20 years. It's not a big deal. The reason I can still drive is it's always the other person's fault (Cept that last one, heh.) I don't slow down when I'm alone and someone pulls out in front of me. If my car is dirty and needs tires, I'll speed up. Total it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

:disgust:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Thanks all.

As is my way I try to keep it pretty light around here most of the time, but man shit has been getting me down lately... yesterday's disappointing ride performance (even though the ride itself is/was awesome!) and the suicide are just kinda topping what has been a challenging few months. Several close friends and/or loved ones have had some serious health issues, I personally had some health stuff go sideways this year (getting high blood pressure under control, cellulitis infection in my leg and subsequent antibiotic allergic reaction, crashing on my face), a bunch of money stuff related to house and health, blah blah blah. At least my job has been stable this year, it was touch and go around this time a year ago.

I'm doing alright mentally but damn can it feel like a lot sometimes. It helps to remind myself that I'm still able to and still get to do things like fuck off on a Sunday and ride my bike in the mountains for 43 miles and 4200' vert—I shouldn't take that for granted even if I bonked hard and am still hurting because of it. There's a heckuva lot of folks in this world doing a heckuva lot worse, I try to have immense gratitude that I'm not in that bad of a spot relatively speaking.

@stoney — wishing wifey the fastest and completest of recoveries, happy to hear she's alright.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That does sound like a lot of things coming to a head at once, @Full Trucker. Get hooked up with a professional to chat with if you think that’d help, eh?

Jun 24, 2024
JTown
Thanks all.

As is my way I try to keep it pretty light around here most of the time, but man shit has been getting me down lately... yesterday's disappointing ride performance (even though the ride itself is/was awesome!) and the suicide are just kinda topping what has been a challenging few months. Several close friends and/or loved ones have had some serious health issues, I personally had some health stuff go sideways this year (getting high blood pressure under control, cellulitis infection in my leg and subsequent antibiotic allergic reaction, crashing on my face), a bunch of money stuff related to house and health, blah blah blah. At least my job has been stable this year, it was touch and go around this time a year ago.

I'm doing alright mentally but damn can it feel like a lot sometimes. It helps to remind myself that I'm still able to and still get to do things like fuck off on a Sunday and ride my bike in the mountains for 43 miles and 4200' vert—I shouldn't take that for granted even if I bonked hard and am still hurting because of it. There's a heckuva lot of folks in this world doing a heckuva lot worse, I try to have immense gratitude that I'm not in that bad of a spot relatively speaking.

@stoney — wishing wifey the fastest and completest of recoveries, happy to hear she's alright.
Hang in there, "It can't rain all the time"