FT's legs. doggo. kayak. shot from perspective of his belly button

water

there ya go

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
second breakfast.
That reminds me... need to go check out this newly-opened place near us tomorrow to see what sort of breakfast pastries they have around:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not sure what time the doomsday clock is pointing at for this forum, so let's hope it's not getting too close to midnight :p

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
is anyone else having img issues lately? :hmm:
I had a heck of a time getting that image to upload, but once it finally did I can see it.

I will describe it for you:

kayak in background with another person

FT's legs. doggo. kayak. shot from perspective of his belly button

water

there ya go
Close. The other person is me, the photographer is Teh Spousal Unit™ and there are tiny doggos in both boats.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Nothing quite like getting through your 200 post-vacation emails to find only 1/3 are actual follow-up requiring. But those 1/3... Yeah, I can't get those done in today's remaining time. And apparently I'm now prepping for an RFP in 2 weeks. YAY!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey bros

thinking about trying new housing on the TT bike to get the shifting right. The factory FSA shit is shit. I just can't get the gears to index right no matter what.

I also need to build up a survival kit for that bike. I understand that any bonus supplies on a TT bike is stupid, but it would be nice to not have to walk the 5 miles back to start if I get a flat out on the course. I think I have a tube, but I need a CO2 inflator, tire levers, and maybe a multitool to make me whole.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
hey bros

thinking about trying new housing on the TT bike to get the shifting right. The factory FSA shit is shit. I just can't get the gears to index right no matter what.

I also need to build up a survival kit for that bike. I understand that any bonus supplies on a TT bike is stupid, but it would be nice to not have to walk the 5 miles back to start if I get a flat out on the course. I think I have a tube, but I need a CO2 inflator, tire levers, and maybe a multitool to make me whole.
Should be able to fit one of those plastic TPU (?) tubes and the other bits into one of those small saddle bags. Would just need to ensure nothing is going to rub through the tube.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Nothing quite like getting through your 200 post-vacation emails to find only 1/3 are actual follow-up requiring. But those 1/3... Yeah, I can't get those done in today's remaining time. And apparently I'm now prepping for an RFP in 2 weeks. YAY!
Best way to handle emails when out of the office is to delete them all. If it truly was important they will follow up. I’d go for a bike ride now if I were you.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
check your hangar alignment
I checked and it seems fine. My assumption is either the housing is causing drag or the angle of the cable entering the derailleur is causing a difference in pull at the top or at the bottom. I can get it to shift well at the top OR the bottom, but not both consistently. I have to give a little extra pull to the lever to get it to shift up the casette, and the lever pull is so short that I am often double shifting. I read at least one person mention that the FSA housing is shitty, and my front derailleur shifts great despite an even worse routing angle.

The cable fixation point looks pretty EXTREME on the Ultegra derailleur, but it seems to be in the correct place, best I can tell.

Should be able to fit one of those plastic TPU (?) tubes and the other bits into one of those small saddle bags. Would just need to ensure nothing is going to rub through the tube.
I have a fizik mistica saddle with the carriage kit. There's a threaded hole to mount the CO2 cartridge and I can probably tape some levers to the carriage as well. I *might* be able to zip tie a tube to the bottom of the saddle with my inflator or multitool in between. That's what I'm going with anyways.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I now have a kart to dispose of. The insurance company was supposed to pick it up, but they gave a slightly higher amount into the "repair" quote so that they didn't have to. So now I need to go get it, find somewhere to put it, then how to get rid of it.

Might try to find a Jr kid and trade it to their dad for parts in exchange for a case or two of beer to give the shop guys. Probably worth more, but the few hundred bucks someone will pay for a used parts kart (vs buying new parts) is probably a real amount of cash for them. I know it would be for us.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So I talked to the owner and while I did get a little heated, I didn't lose my shit. He was honest in that they are not only short handed, but during the summer, he has guys not show up. He's too short to fire them and they know that. Plus everyone is short, so getting a new job is nothing.

I told him I just wanted honesty and had he told me it would be a month, I would have taken home and brought it back in a month. But I could have been working on it the whole time it sat in a field. The mounts are supposed to be here today and it should be done in a couple days. I told him I couldn't touch it until Friday, so as long as it's done by then, we are good. But he admitted it's a half days work, but he also said the tech signed off on it, so that's a whole other issue. I will inspect it when I pick it up for sure.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I now have a kart to dispose of. The insurance company was supposed to pick it up, but they gave a slightly higher amount into the "repair" quote so that they didn't have to. So now I need to go get it, find somewhere to put it, then how to get rid of it.

Might try to find a Jr kid and trade it to their dad for parts in exchange for a case or two of beer to give the shop guys. Probably worth more, but the few hundred bucks someone will pay for a used parts kart (vs buying new parts) is probably a real amount of cash for them. I know it would be for us.
Roll it down Lookout Mountain at 2:00 AM.
Bring Alcohol!

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

Does it still run at all? Give it with a few bundles or bananas to a homeless dude.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
mail it to kidwoo to make up for Gary not sending that busted old Orange or whatever it was

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Does it still run at all? Give it with a few bundles or bananas to a homeless dude.
No motor and it's bent enough that under load it scrapes. The frame is toast, but the rest of the parts are good. Hence give it to someone. Brand new seat, fuel tank, and a bunch of other stuff.