Quantcast

®®® Thursday GMT ®®®

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
WTF is wrong with people scheduling meetings at 7:30am...
Also, this week has been damn too cold and windy. I am ready for a change.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Meeting in a few...plotting out NY State Championship BMX states race this week - should be hitting a few new places this summer. Also waiting it out to see if Frank the Welder is able to build my kid a jr sized BMX frame...he has all to make it (left over tubez to keep cost low) but needs to see if he can locate plates to cut the horizontal dropouts...fingers crossed!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WTF is wrong with people scheduling meetings at 7:30am...
Adding to the list of work things that grind our gears, what the hell is with people who reply to all with "Thanks"?

8.15 mile run last at the track (i.e. hard effort), and a swim early this morning. My swimming is coming along nicely.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Adding to the list of work things that grind our gears, what the hell is with people who reply to all with "Thanks"?
I've done that. But...
  1. I am Canadian, so it is almost mandatory (not really, everyone up here are a bunch of assholes).
  2. Its usually only 2-3 people who are working together on a common task.
I think its more gear grinding when you ask someone a question via email, they don't have the answer so they forward it and keep themselves cc'd on it. After this happens 20 times, all of a sudden 3/4 of the company is involved with this stupid question that I should have never asked.

Today is going to be a long one. I went to bed a little earlier last night and woke up feeling like I got almost no sleep. :think:

I am thinking that some Thai or some jerk pork and rice is in store for dinner tonight. :popcorn:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've done that. But...
  1. I am Canadian, so it is almost mandatory (not really, everyone up here are a bunch of assholes).
  2. Its usually only 2-3 people who are working together on a common task.
I think its more gear grinding when you ask someone a question via email, they don't have the answer so they forward it and keep themselves cc'd on it. After this happens 20 times, all of a sudden 3/4 of the company is involved with this stupid question that I should have never asked.

Today is going to be a long one. I went to bed a little earlier last night and woke up feeling like I got almost no sleep. :think:

I am thinking that some Thai or some jerk pork and rice is in store for dinner tonight. :popcorn:
Do you guys get a lot of reply all "sorry" emails?

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I've noticed the less fucks I tend to give at work (with respect to doing/saying what I want regardless of how management might perceive it), the more shit gets done with a surprising amount of approval and even more surprisingly lack of shit from said management.

The Peter Gibbons philosophy is real, folks. Until you get fired.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Really nice ride last night the bitter cold was gone. Got some good speed into the bike especially after a guy passed me and I was able to catch him and subsequently break his soul. Unfortunately both calves cramped at mile 27 and I had to roll home. Hope to sneak in a ride on Friday before the stupid snow storm ruins what has been a perfect winter so far.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Received robo-call from the power company to prepare for outages because ZOMG SNOWPACOLYPSE!1!

Actual forecast now only calling for 8-12", which is just a nuisance even for this area.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
F*** this. Still having my normal trouble sleeping (going down after midnight) and Haley decided to come into the bedroom at 4:15 to crawl into bed. On the way she proceeded to trip and bounce her head off the night table, crying for a solid 5min, even after we dragged her into bed. Then the alarm was nice enough to go off at 5:45.

We tell her every night that if she wakes up early to either go back to bed or play quietly in her room to no avail. When she started crying about wanting to watch Paw Patrol and me not letting her (because I was watching the news), I hit threshold and threatened to make it go away forever if she didn't stop making noise until I told her that she could. My voice must have been very angry, as she shut up properly quick and said maybe 10 words in the next 40 min before I left for work.

I'm f*ing exhausted, pretty damn angry, and the market's down so I'm going to have to spend my day keeping people from doing things that are not in their best interest. F this.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
F*** this. Still having my normal trouble sleeping (going down after midnight) and Haley decided to come into the bedroom at 4:15 to crawl into bed. On the way she proceeded to trip and bounce her head off the night table, crying for a solid 5min, even after we dragged her into bed. Then the alarm was nice enough to go off at 5:45.

We tell her every night that if she wakes up early to either go back to bed or play quietly in her room to no avail. When she started crying about wanting to watch Paw Patrol and me not letting her (because I was watching the news), I hit threshold and threatened to make it go away forever if she didn't stop making noise until I told her that she could. My voice must have been very angry, as she shut up properly quick and said maybe 10 words in the next 40 min before I left for work.

I'm f*ing exhausted, pretty damn angry, and the market's down so I'm going to have to spend my day keeping people from doing things that are not in their best interest. F this.
I paid $1.83 for gas the other day. That was pretty sweet.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have to agree with IAB while my future is at risk to low cost of fuel is saving me a couple a bucks a month... I'm hoping that will control my blood pressure and allow the bypass to be postponed infefinately.

In other news... the Canadians I deal with regularly are insanely polite all the time... the middle coasters are very laid back.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I have nothing much interesting to report other than that Mariko woke up about 4 AM unhappy, told me she wants a Hello Kitty picture on her wall (ok then), then thankfully went back to sleep after I verified she didn't have a fever.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Good thing gas is cheap, I've been having to drive the truck since my roof seal epic fail on the car has kept it under a tarp. Gas be the price of breakfast.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Forgot I signed up for OT tomorrow, gotta get a ton of shit done around the house today. :facepalm: I may decide to not go in, but I do like $$$$.

Uploading the music library to google play. Computer had been at it since 7pm yesterday, not even 1/4 way through. Upload, y u take so long? :think:
Should have driven to @Toshi's, Only about 60% of the way through. :rant: