Quantcast

°°°°°°°° Hey it's Friday GTM ™™™™™™

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I just found the *perfect* bike. Build, condition, price. But... color. Yeti. They need to come in just one color - Turquoise. Much like the All-road, I'm finally coining up for a nice one, so I expect to keep it for a very, very long period. So I want to get exactly what I want. Dammit. But I'm not buying a new one, because that's a waste of money. So I need patience... Which I don't have when I want to get a new toy.
Just get it. When it is time to replace your frame because it cracked, you can pick a turquoise one. :D

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I just found the *perfect* bike. Build, condition, price. But... color. Yeti. They need to come in just one color - Turquoise. Much like the All-road, I'm finally coining up for a nice one, so I expect to keep it for a very, very long period. So I want to get exactly what I want. Dammit. But I'm not buying a new one, because that's a waste of money. So I need patience... Which I don't have when I want to get a new toy.
link?? :hmm:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
was it orange

i would not want to be mistaken for @Full Trucker either
No. Simple black. But I've done that before and still always wanted the turquoise. Ironically, going back to forever ago, the only turquoise frames I had were my 303DH, my DJ, and the current 4x from @Full Trucker. Everything else was some other color because I was so price focused. A bunch of the bikes I raced on were turquoise, as I used other people's bikes quite a bit, but most were black or white.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just get it. When it is time to replace your frame because it cracked, you can pick a turquoise one. :D
I have broken exactly 1 Yeti frames. That one was because I decided to get snuggly with a rock and the rock won. Despite it being way out of warranty, they still gave me a new front triangle, and even down sized to a large so that I could sell it easier, as I was buying a carbon one.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I have broken exactly 1 Yeti frames. That one was because I decided to get snuggly with a rock and the rock won. Despite it being way out of warranty, they still gave me a new front triangle, and even down sized to a large so that I could sell it easier, as I was buying a carbon one.
What is the price difference? Saving money is always nice, but so is getting what you want. If you actually think you'll keep this for long enough, just suck it up and absorb the difference. Not every decision needs to make financial sense.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What is the price difference? Saving money is always nice, but so is getting what you want. If you actually think you'll keep this for long enough, just suck it up and absorb the difference. Not every decision needs to make financial sense.
$1500. It's substantial.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've long since accepted the fact that things like bikes/motorcycles etc are not logical purchasing decisions. Just go with whatever gets your blood pressure up.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I've long since accepted the fact that things like bikes/motorcycles etc are not logical purchasing decisions. Just go with whatever gets your blood pressure up.
Recall that this is the person that had his M5 up on blocks in his driveway for months as he redid the VANOS by hand rather than paying someone. Which I think he ultimately did anyway. :D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Recall that this is the person that had his M5 up on blocks in his driveway for months as he redid the VANOS by hand rather than paying someone. Which I think he ultimately did anyway. :D
Oh... WAY more than the VANOS was done.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Just ate a seed from a Carolina Reaper. Fwefies.
Just... why?

I am very drunk. Off to bed. Had to type drunk foir times.
Oh - I see why.

Also - WRT typing shit multiple times to get it right:

<snip> Tax checks go off today. That is all.
SHIT. That reminds me... I should send mine out also.

a bullwhip would probably be harder to find
Errr... I have a fedora and a bullwhip that @Pesqueeb could borrow.

:stupid: Nothing wrong with a murdered-out Yeti - even if it's not the preferred color... Nancy. :p

View attachment 175019

rv park filled up, chill vibes tho. Jeep shopping has begun
This image is a thing of my nightmares. :fie: :fie: :fie: :panic:

Off early today to head up to the hills and skin my sorry out-of-shape carcass into a hut in the woods. Then eat, drink, "partake" of the goodies, and maybe even get a little ski touring in this weekend. Should be nice, if it isn't howling wind all weekend.

Also need to throw a couple loaves of sourdough in the oven for the trip. Mmmm... fresh sourdough. :drool:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Freudian slip? :busted:
nope. written that way on purpose. I've had probably 10+ Yeti's over the last 20 years. They've been solid for me.

*I will correct my prior statement - the 303WC DH did crack. But it was Hausmann's bike, so it did a season on the WC. They didn't have any frames left, but got me another frame for super cheap to balance it out.