Quantcast

°°°°° Fancy Friday °°°°°

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
14yo has impressed me by getting himself up and ready for high school all week without having to be dragged out of bed and yelled at. it's shocking. short day-drop kid at school, clean house, eye exam, bit of work, then head up to montreat for family get together.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
:wave: Long time no see! How are you all doing?

Pretty hectic summer on my end with an unplanned visit to my mom, sadly lots of work and not as many bike rides as I would have hoped for.

However, Toshi, Changleen and the whole bike industry waterboarding convinced me to buy a gravel e-bike for commuting. It just arrived last week. :banana:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I know I'm repeating myself, but my God, I am still absolutely stoked about not being at the airline. I keep hearing from old coworkers and friends about what's going on and all I can think is "what the hell took me so long?". Maybe the novelty will wear off, but holy shit does it feel like I made the right call.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I know I'm repeating myself, but my God, I am still absolutely stoked about not being at the airline. I keep hearing from old coworkers and friends about what's going on and all I can think is "what the hell took me so long?". Maybe the novelty will wear off, but holy shit does it feel like I made the right call.
1725018649497.png

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I had a nice burrito calorie bomb last night, and subsequently had a good 8 mile run this morning. Funny how that works.

Also, I've got a haircut appointment this morning and I am long overdue. I had to postpone it once when Wife had covid because I just wanted to play it safe, then I had to postpone it again when I had covid.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

LOL terrible sleep, did I even sleep? Perhaps related to having a coffee at 3:30pm yesterday?

But nevermind that, its new bike day!

And long weekend!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
terrible sleep here too! #oppositeofwinning

wait what? :rockout:
:busted:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
HBD @Jm_ !

Last day of funemployment. It wasn't fun. Most of my time was spent chauffering or sick. Had epididymitis thanks to my vasectomy years ago which kept me off the bike for a week or so, then a week vacation, then random swelling in my ankle likely due to the epididymitis infection. I should be healed up and healthy just in time to start work though :(

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey hates that I got the minivan rental over a Murano. Haley is making fun of it, but has acknowledged that it's pretty nice and clearly more useful than either of our cars. She does have a phone finally though.

Still having "but only if you" and "then you have to" response issues from Hannah. Some sense of reality is setting in that she will not win those arguments. Still trying to get her an appt with the psych that she met with last year at school (who left) and was able to connect with well.

Race this weekend, so prep tonight and an early morning.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Had our carpet cleaned yesterday. It’s nice. No that is not a euphemism.
I was ready to believe him, but then he threw in that extra-kinky "our" that implies that it was a group experience. that's nasty, yo.gif

Wifey hates that I got the minivan rental over a Murano. Haley is making fun of it, but has acknowledged that it's pretty nice and clearly more useful than either of our cars.
minivans ftw. stick the cart in it to try it out! which one did the rental agency ladle out?

OK, I think you fine people will appreciate a pic of my new commuter gravel e-bike. :D

View attachment 217607
ooh, fun. what sort of specs on that thing? looks like a plate holder and clearly the mirrors and all--fully legit and street legal?

/me rode in for the morning. but shall WFH for the afternoon--got the over-weekend "test drive" Kia EV9 getting dropped off sometime then and must be around to sign for it.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yes, its a shit Bday 3 days after surgery. But I took a shower finally and I will have a Bday beer.

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC

Same way I felt when I left my job 2 years ago. As of typing this the novelty has NOT worn off and my mental health is so much better.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
minivans ftw. stick the cart in it to try it out! which one did the rental agency ladle out?
Chrysler Pacifica. It looks like the cadet will fit width-wise. There is a weird drop-in height once you fold the rear seats down, which makes the fit awkward. I'll probably just put my wood sheet down like I do in the Audis. If I can pull the middle seats out, it will make the whole weekend really easy.

It is flat white, which isn't helping though. If it had been a darker color, I don't think she'd have as much of an issue (she disdains it). It looks like the mail can is parked in our driveway.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
That looks like a raw bagel with movie theater desert topping. Probably smells like garlic and feet. How was it ?
It was tolerable but not remarkable. I got half way through it before quitting. I really just went for the impulse buy based on how it looked and not having seen such a treat before.

The black licorice ice cream bar I had was much better.