Quantcast

°°°° Mon Ami GMT °°°°

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Typical "ZOMG! END OF THE WORLD!" snowstorm has turned into fake news, delivering approx 0.000 inches of snow. Cold and windy as shit though, so I shall wear pants. As if I mondays weren't bad enough.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Exhausting weekend....I need a few days off. Not going to get them, so I'm going to SIUP and go get moar coffee.

Stressed from work and haven't had more than about 4hrs. of sleep each night for the last 2 weeks. I'm in this half-asleep-half-awake dream state that makes me question if every interaction with others actually took place.

ZZZZZzzzzzz......

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
:wave:

Typical "ZOMG! END OF THE WORLD!" snowstorm has turned into fake news, delivering approx 0.000 inches of snow. Cold and windy as shit though, so I shall wear pants. As if I mondays weren't bad enough.
Pfft lowlanders.

~6" so far here with another 8 hours to go.

Predicting record lows tonight too, could be interesting with wet roads. Then back up to mid-70's by Wednesday...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Just checked the news, multiple large fires burning now in the bay area. Homes have burned. My friends have had to evacuate their horses to the fairgrounds, I am smelling smoke at my house. We are in red flag fire conditions. Oh joy

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, folks! Yep, we've got the last breath of Hurricane Nate sputtering over us today. It's windy and raining, but we need the rain. I hit the pool this morning for 2500 sluggish yards. We used to get Columbus Day off for a company holiday but as of last year we no longer get it off. We still get the PTO day to use somewhere else though, so that's cool. It looks like half the building still took today off though. :monkey:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good Mornin!

Had 5.5 tons of topsoil and fill dirt delivered to the abode Saturday afternoon and managed to get all of that wheelbarrowed to the right places, settled, grass seed and fertilizer distributed and turf starter laid down (hoping it will prevent canine intervention) in the hopes that grass will grow in the side yard that was mostly a bare dirt patch. My back hurts.

Weekend wasn't all work no play however, the wife and I went on a 4 mile hike up in Frisco to catch the remains of the foliage. Sadly I think the foliage season is mostly done up in the hills. :(. Til next year my friend!

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Finally getting some rain. The super dry riding has been fun, but some heroic dirt would be welcome.

Weekend was decent. Hiked with the family on Sat and Rode in the wet yesterday.

I did score some beers from Trillium brewing over the weekend. DDH Melcher St might be one of the best IPA's I have ever drank.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Why must the weekend be over?

Hubby worked on deck, I tried to help but am not naturally inclined to some of the work that needed doing. I was disappointed, as I wanted to help and know this project is taking longer than either of us would like. So I painted walls instead. This is also a much needed project, which I can finish myself today, so that’s good, I suppose.

Dad’s bday dinner last night. My mom can cook! And it was mostly fresh off the farm. Got to hold my cousin’s baby too, a good tiny baby snuggle is sure good for the soul.

So today? Resumes, grocery shopping, painting, prepping for the little one’s birthday tomorrow, and a bike ride are in order.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
a good tiny baby snuggle is sure good for the soul
Bonus points for not having to pay to rear said tiny baby!

Here on the eastern plains we have about 0" on the ground. There is an inch or three on the grass, though. Still was enough to warrant firing up the Land Cruiser instead of pedaling in in the dark muck.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
underwhelming birthday was underwhelming, guess this is how parents of 2 young kids (don't) celebrate. kids haircut, my haircut (lady cut it too short, i am not pleased), and carpet shampooing. back at the daily grind, at least i will be in vermont this upcoming weekend.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

My weekends have been all but shot with the kid at the house. Since he works nights, he picks up Lil Man, comes home and crashes until sometimes 2 or later. Leaving the wife and I to tend to child. Don't get me wrong, I love some time with the kid, but when it blows almost every Saturday, I want to kill him. My kid, not his.

The wife had volunteered to do hygiene for homeless folks on Saturday downtown, so that left me to tend. By noon I woke up the boy and went to run some errands. I came back at 2:30 and he was upstairs asleep with Lil Man just playing Hot Wheels in the living room with the dog. I could have killed him. Wife and I run away this weekend to an unburnt section of the Gorge to hide.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Snow!
Good weekend.
Capped it off with tacos & rick and morty last night, before a great sleep.
Gut feels funky from lots of meat this weekend, need some kombucha i think.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Didn't ride this weekend at all. :(
Ordered some parts though. With the help of @jonKranked I was able to figure out what I wanted to do. Going to keep my existing bike and go to a 10x1 setup.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning. Took last night off as this Cold is kicking my ass. Decided to take out all the pheasant and rabbit I had in the freezer and turn them into jerky. Ended up with almost 12 pounds of wild bolete mushrooms that will also need to be washed, sliced and dried as well. Fun day

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Got rides in Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Fri-Sat rides were local and serious headwinds, but super fun. Sunday headed up to a state park and rode new-to-me trails, super pretty with the fall colors. Trail was mostly mellow and uninteresting, but a great ride none the less. Lots of climbing, or at least it felt like it... my legs were pretty pissy about the previous two days of riding in a headwind it seems. Yesterday was shorts and short sleeves at nearly 10k, today it's snowing big fat flakes at my house, 4k lower. Good times.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It was 37 damn degrees when I got to the office this morning. It is clear today, but rain all week forecast. I have a feeling this will be a bitter winter.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
holy firestorm batman

California's fire chief says at least 1,500 homes and commercial buildings have been destroyed in wildfires that have ripped through the state's wine country.

He says numerous people have been injured and a number of residents are also missing as 14 large fires burn.

California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection Director Ken Pimlott say an estimated 20,000 people have been evacuated.

He called the estimates of destroyed structures very conservative. Pimlott says the fires are burning throughout an eight-county swath of Northern California, including Napa, Sonoma and Yuba counties.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/The-Latest-Fires-force-evacuations-in-Northern-12263436.php

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My weekend was a shitshow. Gal pal visiting out of town wanted to hang out with me and the ex who moved to town recently. Failed to execute any plans, was taken hostage by trainwrecking bickering OCD and ADD.

Another friend who is getting his PhD in Israel is back home for the week. Have plans to meet up tonight, consume Thai food and drink beer. I predict flawless execution of said plan.