Quantcast

°°°° Saturday GMT °°°°

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Up since 3:30, finally decided to give up on sleeping and have coffee. More snow in the mountains this weekend.

Talked to a friend yesterday who is set on self destruct. Wtf people? Maybe it's just the holidays.

Go out and play.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I too have been up for much longer than I should have. I know correlation /= causation, but there is pretty good anecdotal evidence at this point that when I drink, I don't sleep. Oh well, back to the salt mine.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Wife's in NYC all weekend.
Boys and I are taking her new car on a day trip to Maine today.
Hitting LL Bean for some boots and a jacket for them.
Stopping at Sig Sauer in NH for me.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
@dan-o what did you end up getting her?

Here my cold is on the way out. Staying home really helped.

The heat in the apartment was brutal yesterday. The coop really fires up the boiler and we had to have one window full open in the living room. Also had to get all of the humidifiers started up as the oldest son started getting nose bleeds.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
The coop really fires up the boiler and we had to have one window full open in the living room
I once lived in a building with radiators. They threw so much heat I'd have them barely cracked open all winter but I didn't mind. The small one in the bathroom served as an awesome towel warmer.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Looking at anything in particular?
Dropping off a background check for some handgun training classes.
Will be picking up a .40 229 in near future for our fishing/camping trips into the North Woods.
It will also work better in the truck (console vault with magnetic holster).

@dan-o what did you end up getting her?
2016 V60 XC. Turbo 5cyl, 19" wheels, black/grey two tone interior, Osmium Grey exterior.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Been up since six because of kid, he normally sleeps till 7, but last night was his first night in his toddler bed. I'll take it as a win.

Think I'm gonna take the cross bike out today.

Gonna put up the Xmas tree too

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I am working in the salt mines, too, both today and tomorrow. My salt mine involves a comfy chair and sitting in front of a computer in a warm room, though. It certainly wasn't warm biking in this morning! 20 when I left, 19 when I got here, and I didn't layer enough. Oh well, still better than driving in half-asleep.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Had friends and their kid over for breakfast/booze. Buckwheat waffles, sausage, coffee. It's been two weeks since I was in the woods and I'm officially stabby. Ready to go ride/dig in the arctic NC cold (it's in the 30's so people are freaking out).

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
We've been hit with the white stuff, luckily we had a week of freeze beforehand so all is still dry and compact. Makes for fun rallying in the truck.

Also passed the one year mark for the auger incident without repeating it. Arm is 85 prevent overall back to normal, which is flat out amazing.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
wife took kids to some holiday thing at their school.

i'm supposed to he cleaning up, putting up decorations, and grocery shopping.

instead i'm sitting on the couch, watching the hawaii ironman race, and drinking founders breakfast stout. i may go to the grocery store in a minute, but will probably stop at the bike store first and pick up random stuff.

before i do that i suppose i should put on pants

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
First day of skiing this season is in books. Kind of felt like my first day of skiing this season. Quads were angry/happy. Good times. Hot tub recovery felt nice. Dinner is in the smoker.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, too much of a good thing. We got 59" in the last 9 days, the upper mountain couldn't open due to avie danger. Better safe than dead. Couple of trollers got buried, but no casualties...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Damn I am beat. Yard work and home winterizing sucks in temps below 28F and chilling wind. Too much work to do to ride today, hopefully tomorrow I'll be back on trails. Now beer and figuring out what to do for dinner.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Took the boys to the war museum this morning while my wife got her hair done... Then off to MEC (canuckian REI) to pick up a frame bag for my fatbike, then off with the family to ikea to buy a tree and a few other little things. The only win there is that there's a home made perogie place out there. So good. Had saurkraut perogies for the first time ever... Yum. Now watching Christmas Thomas with the little one.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Holy shit it's windy, wife and I did a 35 mile/5000ft vert ride and had to walk some of the last few miles home because you just couldn't stay upright in it. At one point standing still bracing myself and holding the handlebar, the wind picked my bike up off the ground.