Quantcast

°°°• Thursday gmt •°°°

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Here. Ran an hour on the high school track this morning. Now sitting at the tire place getting my winter tires put on, dialed into a Teams meeting for work while I wait but ignoring it while I talk to you people.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Up at 5:30, but at least I went to sleep at 8. Most sleep I've had in ages. Hannah back to school, so work should be a bit easier.

Being the data person I am, I track Haley's best lap times and have been for the last year. I think she's in a point where her speed is going up quickly again, as she's set multiple PRs in both the Jr and adult karts over the last month. I'm guessing that her outdoor kart has something to do with it, as the speeds are way higher and the requirements for accuracy on line are as well.

At the race on Tuesday Nandini told Haley that 2022 was likely to be her last full season. She'll be leaving for college and got wrecked really badly at the last outdoor race cracking her frame, so she likely won't be doing as much karting anymore. She made a point to introduce Haley to her best friend, Joelle, who is a couple years younger and works at the outdoor track. Joelle said to let her know when we are going to the track and if she can go, she'll meet us there so that Haley can drive with her to learn more. Nandini's dad said we should keep reaching out to him for help with Haley's kart though, which is awesome.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
No Boston bullshit today, so that's nice. A knife lost for a few days in the USPS system arrived this morning, which is also very nice. Major work project milestones reached yesterday so today should be quiet, that's nice. Hoping for a daylight ride in the afternoon, that would be uber nice.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
At the race on Tuesday Nandini told Haley that 2022 was likely to be her last full season. She'll be leaving for college and got wrecked really badly at the last outdoor race cracking her frame, so she likely won't be doing as much karting anymore. She made a point to introduce Haley to her best friend, Joelle, who is a couple years younger and works at the outdoor track. Joelle said to let her know when we are going to the track and if she can go, she'll meet us there so that Haley can drive with her to learn more. Nandini's dad said we should keep reaching out to him for help with Haley's kart though, which is awesome.
the kids are alright

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I was up for a couple of hours around midnight, woke up in a full body sweat. Cervical x-ray scheduled for this morning. :wave:
Cough, cough, hack hack.
I am finally feeling better.
Is this plaguemonkey!? I too am battling some sort of affliction. Day four of excruciating headaches, runny nose, fever and just all around feeling shitty. I got the flu vaccine last week, maybe it got me before the antibodies kicked in? Bastard.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Wow, I'm crazy nervous for an interview I don't really need. It's not like I was looking, they reached out to me. I don't have the background they are looking for, but they aren't finding that, so here we are. They are talking 25-30% above what I make, but the commute is less ideal. Not that any commute is ideal, but you know.

LinkedIn won't load for some reason, so I haven't e-stalked him yet.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
how the admins confused me with gary i'll never know...and while there were a lot of sketchy and interesting things going on at smokey joe's late on wednesday night, i'm pretty sure bagpipe wanking was not one of them.
i had proposed "crusty old bog dude" as a title for gary, but it went to someone else