Quantcast

°°° Friday, is it, guv'nor? °°°

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
My turn for insomnia: Yuna made a tiny noise at 3:30 AM and my brain decided that was a great cue to wake up fully. The upside is that said brain rightly figured out that I have CenturyLink gear to return and should probably do this before heading out to Seattle.

Therefore I am hanging out awake 45 minutes later in the basement and that gear is packed up for return. I'll get back to sleep in a bit (in the downstairs bedroom to avoid waking the slumbering wife with my inevitable tossing and turning).

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
feels like a beers for lunch day. which might not be a great idea, seeing as my midyear review is at 2.

sunny and a balmy 20* when i left home. currently grooving to beastie boys with the kids while driving them in to school.

rock on monkeys.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Minus 4 here and will be minus 20 tomorrow morning. Weather warning descibes the wind chill as "leahthal". I will still see kids going to school in hoodies and sneakers, their parents are probably from Alaska where wind chill has no impact?

Other than old man weather news, the cats are especially active this morning. Also bought spandex like swim jams for after the new year. The rocking grannies have no idea what they are in for.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
-10 this morning. The weather people on TV call this a "Polar Vortex". They also said to stay inside or you can die. We rode bikes in the woods last night and didn't die. Actually had a ton of fun. It was about 17 when we started and dropped to 9 when we were done. We found a Teepee some college kids built in the woods that was used a bong shed. That was the highlight of the mission. Blaze on....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley got sick this morning, so no work for me. If she's feeling better later, it's off to the science museum.
It will give me some time to get caught up on stuff around the house though, which is nice.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Efiing work van had an electrical short in the middle of an 5 lane boulevard right at the freeway overpass and died last night. Had to have the cops block the lane until the tow showed up, did I mention there was a torrential dounpour happening at the time? Glad I was in full goetex suit and boots with a reflective vest on when it went down as it was pithc black out. Driving a back up vehicle today. My personal truck might be ready to pick up from the body shop this afternoon with all the theft damage repaired.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I dragged my lazy ass to the pool this morning for an hour swim. I've got a 10K race on my schedule tomorrow but will likely take a DNS ("did not start") due to an impending 4-6" of snow. I ain't driving 90 minutes round trip in that only to slip and slide my way through a 10K.

rogue one....best one yet.
Good to know! Wife and I have tix for 3:00 Sunday. I'm doing my best to avoid teh internet spoilers.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
-10 this morning. The weather people on TV call this a "Polar Vortex". They also said to stay inside or you can die
Skiing recently, temps somewhere in the teens, 30-40 mph wind gusts, my friend and I discussed how we go out to play in these conditions. After we talked about it we determined we're all idiots.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning, balmy 3F here when I woke up this morning. Now a gradual warm-up and a snow storm tomorrow. Looks like @jpb is winning this round of the shittiest coldest continental US weather today.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
freakin cold here again today. legit -15°F. with windchill they're calling it -21. Still, I walked my 45 minutes outside, and no one died. It's supposed to go up to 12 later, and snow throughout the afternoon/night/morning tomorrow. Kids are amped to go skiing. We'll see how that goes.

stay warm out there...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Apparently there was 500+ accidents in the Toronto area yesterday. Freakin' tards. I don't even have winter tires yet and managed to get home in a relative safe and quick manner. Though, I have been impressed with these particular tires.

More snow is coming tonight....followed by rain? The fuck? So we'll have 2 feet of snow and then a nice layer of ice. Sounds awesome.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
More snow is coming tonight....followed by rain? The fuck? So we'll have 2 feet of snow and then a nice layer of ice. Sounds awesome.
That is our weather for the weekend. Cold A/F today, 3-7" of snow tomorrow and 45 and rain on Sunday. Can't change or do anything about it but take it as it comes.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
There is supposed to be a fifty degree drop here in 24 hours.
Avalanche took out Teton Pass last night around dusk, they were searching for potential skiers most of the night.
Avy danger is off the hook.
Rained all day yesterday down low, 20" up high. It's gonna freeze into coral reef tonight, SS.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Company party today so I had to leave the bike at home unfortunately but I did get a seat on the subway.

Bought the new Mario Run yesterday for my son. Game looks fun but stupid in app purchase of worlds and you have to be online to play and its played in portrait mode.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

heavyd

Monkey
Dec 1, 2016
Not where I wanna be
Logged into work today to find out some product I don't own any more is down and they still haven't hired anyone to maintain it, so guess who gets to waste their time working on some shit that's not their responsibility any more?

:banghead:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Apparently we have Colorado to thank for that. Somethin' about a Colorado clipper, or somethin'...
WTF is this you speak of? I've never heard of such shit.

What do you call a lesbian dinosaur?

A lick-a-lotta-puss! :rofl:
Juvenile.

I approve wholeheartedly! :D

Logged into work today to find out some product I don't own any more is down and they still haven't hired anyone to maintain it, so guess who gets to waste their time working on some shit that's not their responsibility any more?

:banghead:
Errr... that's when you fwd the email to them (the one where they changed ownership of the app) and ask them why the fuck you should be expected to drop things for that. Tell them you've purged your brain of that information. :D

Last edited: