Quantcast

°°° Friday, is it, guv'nor? °°°

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Put on the headphones, ignore the phone, put your collaboration tool on "Do Not Disturb" and enjoy your holidays! :D
I can't wait until they renovate our mezzanine and install short walls so we can all "collaborate". I'm just gonna collaborate the shit out of people cause I'm all about collaboration and team work and right-sizing and buzzwords.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I like the way you guys operate. :D

I'm currently standing in one of our server rooms, listening to music, Skype is on busy, no one can get in here...I think its time to poop though.

Playing with a new Dell R630. This thing has enough memory for days. DAYS.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Nice morning out. Still got a cootie based rumbly in my tumbly but i did fit in a 5k, albeit a slow one. Wife has staff christmas party tonight. Downtown at the hilton this year, usually a pretty good shindig, so I've got that going on for me. I anticipate a late night "sick" call in to work for tomorrow. Perhaps depending on how late/how much we drink, we'll head up the hill for some skiing in the morning.

There is supposed to be a fifty degree drop here in 24 hours.
WTF is this shit? Big swings like this tend to cripple me up. Time to start an early regimen of advil and beer.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Try to hire temp employee:
Step 1: Existence of new protocol for getting approval is announced. No direction given on how to get approval, nor from whom.
Step 2: Enter request in new web portal (presumably 3rd party vendor). Site won't recognize my credentials.
Step 3: Email help for help. They respond by sending me a link to the same domain that doesn't recognize my credentials.
Step 4: Sarcastic response email sent. What now, bitches? What now?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Try to hire temp employee:
Step 1: Existence of new protocol for getting approval is announced. No direction given on how to get approval, nor from whom.
Step 2: Enter request in new web portal (presumably 3rd party vendor). Site won't recognize my credentials.
Step 3: Email help for help. They respond by sending me a link to the same domain that doesn't recognize my credentials.
Step 4: Sarcastic response email sent. What now, bitches? What now?
According to my boss you need to take this as a challenge and figure out a way to overcome the obstacles. We need to get stuff done around here and can't just throw up our hands when we get to a road block.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
According to my boss you need to take this as a challenge and figure out a way to overcome the obstacles. We need to get stuff done around here and can't just throw up our hands when we get to a road block.
Every year there is a new layer of bullsh added to this process. It's always changing, and no two years are ever similar. I'm not throwing my hands up... But, I am throwing a finger from each hand up.

Seriously. I send you an email saying "I can't access this web address" and your response is "Try the same address"??? I felt like a RM member was sending me a "try it now" response.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Minus 140 calvin here. 16' of snow and its still snowing. Van wouldn't start. Thought a new Battery, Alternator, and Water Pump would fix that. Stabilitrack light is on? WTF is this shit? Fuckity fuck. Nobody is answering their phones.... I hate them now.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Missed the star wars showing last night due to teh ice. Nice dry day today, temps are 27 but the roads are pretty clear. Decided to come in and so did the boss, yay. Not too many folks here today, so hiding will be easy. More snow forecast late Saturday, should be fun.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I think we need someone to create an illustrative video about office etiquette, you know, for education. Know anyone good? :think:

WFH (it's more PTWFH), mounting studded tires on the winter bike, effing tubes play whack-a-pinch-flat with me. :mad:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I will be bringing on a contractor for up to a year. An ex coworker was going to take it, but the bank is trying to keep her. I am not a fan of the hiring process. I'd rather bring someone on that I know.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'll make a video.
Just re-use the Terry Tate Office Linebacker series...

I'm sitting in my 26th floor office cube, looking out my window that faces west watching the snow come in, while simultaneously looking at the weather forecast watching the temps rise. It's pretty cool watching a front roll in like that.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Back on EST. Have had more beers than hours of sleep since I left home Tuesday (15 vs 12 if we're keeping track). So naturally Im at the bar having wings and beers for lunch.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Just re-use the Terry Tate Office Linebacker series...

I'm sitting in my 26th floor office cube, looking out my window that faces west watching the snow come in, while simultaneously looking at the weather forecast watching the temps rise. It's pretty cool watching a front roll in like that.
one of the coolest experiences like that I've had was sitting on the top floor of the hancock tower in chicago during a wind/snow storm - you could totally feel the building swaying (perhaps I was also drunk) and the wind was blowing in a way that made it look like it was snowing up.

/endcoolstory. resume weather, work, pooping, and beer conversations.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley got sick this morning, so no work for me. If she's feeling better later, it's off to the science museum.
It will give me some time to get caught up on stuff around the house though, which is nice.
She is properly sick today. Still doing errands around the house. Hopefully I can get the new fridge in today.
I did get into target and have a couple large bags of toys to drop at Toys for Tots. It's a much better feeling than donating to college at this point.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
:wave:

Nice morning out. Still got a cootie based rumbly in my tumbly but i did fit in a 5k, albeit a slow one. Wife has staff christmas party tonight. Downtown at the hilton this year, usually a pretty good shindig, so I've got that going on for me. I anticipate a late night "sick" call in to work for tomorrow. Perhaps depending on how late/how much we drink, we'll head up the hill for some skiing in the morning.

WTF is this shit? Big swings like this tend to cripple me up. Time to start an early regimen of advil and beer.
Damn it man, rep denied. Someone please hit the squeeb with some rep for the avatar switch.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Tow truck came and replaced not so new battery with a new one. Shop said sorry and decided to not charge me for old new battery, and new new Battery. I accepted their challenge. Confirmed new battery is not a old battery like the new old battery. Installed new new battery and Van fired up like a champ. Lights all went out after driving to snow blower repair shop. Went to friends house to snow blow her driveway. It was already done. I got a Italian assorted sammich, Ate it. Now I am home and I am going to take a nap....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
WTF is this you speak of? I've never heard of such shit.
Environment Canada Weather Forecast said:
Another significant snowfall with a threat of freezing rain for the weekend.

A Colorado low is expected to trek towards Southern Ontario tonight, with snow spreading across the region overnight tonight. The snow will continue Saturday but likely change to freezing rain Saturday night. It will transition back to snow early Sunday before ending. The snow is not expected to be particularly heavy, but the overall impact of appreciable snow and freezing rain warrants a winter storm watch.

Deteriorating winter travel conditions can be expected as precipitation develops overnight and Saturday.

Public Safety Canada encourages everyone to make an emergency plan and get an emergency kit with drinking water, food, medicine, a first-aid kit and a flashlight.

Winter storm watches are issued when multiple types of severe winter weather are expected to occur together.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ec.cpio-tempetes-ospc-storms.ec@canada.ca or tweet reports to #ONStorm.
link. OK, not a clipper, but whatever, close enough! :D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Flying out tomorrow + wife playing a concert tonight == chaos. Somehow my wife thinks that bringing 2 tiny backpacks and 3 large backpacks for her + the 2 kids is a good idea, too.

:facepalm:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
This morning I watched from my Jeep as the commuter rail train conductor literally watched as my pregnant girlfriend ran down the platform in 2° weather to board the train because they only opened doors at one end of the train, and fucking left her there. To say I wanted to fucking hold the guy down on the tracks as a train passed would be a conservative representation of how I felt. Driving her back home in tears was a shit start to the day, so I wound up taking the day off myself.

Fuck you, MBTA.

Edit - my brain cannot process the mandown/'squeeb avatar change. Plz address.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
effing day from hell. Being management really sucked. We had a vehicle go down and I had to cross over to the other side of the company for coverage plus do my regular crap. Left the house at 6 am got home at 9pm FTS 10pm and I just finished taking care of the dogs and feeding myself.....Oh and I get to go in for an hour or so on Sunday to fix some broken shit :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk: