Quantcast

°°°sweaty Sunday GMT°°°

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Is it bed time yet? Have to spend a bunch of time working today. Giddy.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode this morning. Heat and humidity through the roof, HR pegged to the red line. Almost died but didn't die.
Also, pinchflatted the shit out of new rear tire. :mad:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Niece’s birthday party at the park, Lion King remake tonight.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Rode this morning. Heat and humidity through the roof, HR pegged to the red line. Almost died but didn't die.
Also, pinchflatted the shit out of new rear tire. :mad:
Nice, I wanted no part of that this morning.
Ocean is calling now.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Woke up hungover this morning, but went biking despite the heat. took me 50 minutes to feel good, but those last 40 minutes were terrific! It was nice to be out. Now for tuna sandwich!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
was gonna go walk a spot for some new trail bit slept in. dicking around the house now...wife headed out of town for work trip until tomorrow. gotta think of something fun for me and the boys to do this afternoon. might make em come help me finish a line into and out of a big boulder huck i started a while back.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Went on mtb mith Haley this am. ~5 miles and 350' elevation.

The plan for her bike has been decided on the ride: J-Unit bar and grips (new), 35mm stem (new), 7-sp trigger (new), Sram x9 3-sp trigger (old), XT front der (old), 24" Suntour fork (that can take v-brakes, new), saddle (old), tubeless (ghetto, gorilla tape). It will probably drop a few pounds, but the bigger thing is getting shifters and brakes that she can use, because her hands are too small otherwise.

We did see a ton of families on the trails, which are real trails but buff, with trailers, so we're going to put the trailer on the beater HT and see about taking everyone out next time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Heat wave has hit Seattle, might get close to 80 today with humidity in the high 30s.

Sadly I don't have the energy to enjoy it. Worked an exhausting 14 hour s yesterday and the next few days will be the same. Going to chill and relax and save my energy.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fridge and freezer are both running too hot, fridge ~5freedums, freezer ~15 freedums to warm.

I've cleaned coils and fan and not much difference, I'm guessing the fix isn't going to be free now that I need to find an appliance repair person...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rode to trails without "benefit" of an electric motor. Rode the trails, new to me. Rode back home.
You could have ridden the same trails with electric assistance and claimed to have the ability to ride more trails with said electric assistance while growing fatter and less capable of riding trails, further requiring electric assistance.

It is like cocaine for the lazy.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just rode a Stump Jumper around the shop (had Hannah with me) and it felt like a marginally longer cockpit than my Yeti, which is old geometry. It's like they got involved in the lengthening of cockpits, but decided to only kinda do it. Not saying they're off the list based on that initial feel, but they are down the list.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
sweaty hike. worked a bit on landing area and runout for big rock huck.

then took kids to the top of the mtn. checked on the pirate dh trail up there. it's seeing some use. nice variety of lines opening up thru some of the rocky areas.
148F0500-40BB-4452-BD38-77B32530AFA5.jpeg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just rode a Stump Jumper around the shop (had Hannah with me) and it felt like a marginally longer cockpit than my Yeti, which is old geometry. It's like they got involved in the lengthening of cockpits, but decided to only kinda do it. Not saying they're off the list based on that initial feel, but they are down the list.
The EVO has proper modern geo. Speshs non Evo stuff doesn't go full modern. But you are paying a premium for the Evo, and they are smaller runs.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Transition Scout?

Its poppy, not plowy, fun as heck, mordernz, trendy, etc etc but doesn't come in Turq. Small travel, but very capable.

Edit: forgot wookie sized. So maybe the 29er....whatever that is? Smuggler?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
OMG heat! Heat index pushing 105 today. I did 106 miles on the tri bike - 18.8 mph / 5:37 ride time. I kept looping back to my house for water and fuel. I took in almost three gallons of liquid on this ride. I really did a great job of getting out in front with the hydration and staying there. I was constantly sucking down water. 16 water bottles of liquids and I peed once. I didn't start to feel tired until mile 95 but my speed and power never faded, even in the heat. An overall awesomely executed ride today. It has since caught to me and I feel pretty wiped out now.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
OMG heat! Heat index pushing 105 today. I did 106 miles on the tri bike - 18.8 mph / 5:37 ride time. I kept looping back to my house for water and fuel. I took in almost three gallons of liquid on this ride. I really did a great job of getting out in front with the hydration and staying there. I was constantly sucking down water. 16 water bottles of liquids and I peed once. I didn't start to feel tired until mile 95 but my speed and power never faded, even in the heat. An overall awesomely executed ride today. It has since caught to me and I feel pretty wiped out now.
Monster.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Transition Scout?

Its poppy, not plowy, fun as heck, mordernz, trendy, etc etc but doesn't come in Turq. Small travel, but very capable.

Edit: forgot wookie sized. So maybe the 29er....whatever that is? Smuggler?
Sentinel. Already on the spreadsheet.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
what bikes are on your sheet?
On the List:
YT Jeffsy and Capra
Yeti SB130 and 150 just because
Commencal Meta AM and Trail 29
Transition Sentinel Alloy and Smuggler Carbon.
Nukeproof Mega - Holy shit, this is the best deal of them all and the numbers look great!
Evil Reckoning

On but probably coming off:
GT Force Elite and Carbon Expert - Reach is questionably too short
Fezarri La Sal Peak - Reach is questionably too short
Santa Cruz Hightower - I have never liked their suspension. New design, so I'll give it a go if I can find a demo
Intense Carbine - I've never had good luck or liked their handling.

Not on the list:
Giant Reign - 27.5
Giant Trance - Didn't like ride
Norco Sight - Too short 25mm
Rocky Mtn Instinct - Too short 25mm
Canyon Neuron - Short
Canyon Spectral - 27.5
Turner - 27.5
Specialized Stumpjumper
Kona Satori - Too steep
Ibis - Don't like DW-link feel
Pivot - Don't like DW-link
Cannondale Jekyll

I'm leaning towards a trail bike with gravity focused geometry, so the 150+ bikes are getting pushed off the list more than not. Being honest with myself, I don't ride DH anymore and when I do, it's not at a pace that I need more than a slack trail bike for.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
A big ass supercell that just formed over our town. That rarely happens because we're so close to the foothills, so everybody was out watching it as it formed. It had that creepy spiral at the base before it broke up over the hills. NWS says it's heading southeast, but from what I can see (it's pretty dark now) it hasn't moved far at all.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mFmk2iwkfYKkEvWj9

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
On the List:
YT Jeffsy and Capra
Yeti SB130 and 150 just because
Commencal Meta AM and Trail 29
Transition Sentinel Alloy and Smuggler Carbon.

On but probably coming off:
GT Force Elite and Carbon Expert - Reach is questionably too short
Fezarri La Sal Peak - Reach is questionably too short
Santa Cruz Hightower - I have never liked their suspension. New design, so I'll give it a go if I can find a demo
Intense Carbine - I've never had good luck or liked their handling.

Not on the list:
Giant Reign - 27.5
Giant Trance - Didn't like ride
Norco Sight - Too short 25mm
Rocky Mtn Instinct - Too short 25mm
Canyon Neuron - Short
Canyon Spectral - 27.5
Turner - 27.5
Specialized Stumpjumper
Kona Satori - Too steep
Ibis - Don't like DW-link feel
Pivot - Don't like DW-link
Cannondale Jekyll

I'm leaning towards a trail bike with gravity focused geometry, so the 150+ bikes are getting pushed off the list more than not. Being honest with myself, I don't ride DH anymore and when I do, it's not at a pace that I need more than a slack trail bike for.
GG smash.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
A big ass supercell that just formed over our town. That rarely happens because we're so close to the foothills, so everybody was out watching it as it formed. It had that creepy spiral at the base before it broke up over the hills. NWS says it's heading southeast, but from what I can see (it's pretty dark now) it hasn't moved far at all.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mFmk2iwkfYKkEvWj9