Quantcast

°°Tuesday GMT°°

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's poorly done electrical work. I was trying to wire something last night and their kit has you wire it straight to the source, no fuses, no nothing. Oi. Talk about a slipshod configuration.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Flagstaff and Antelope Canyon, Arizona
Proposed by V 10/10/2016. 2:17, 133 miles between venues.
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
edit: If you're going to be in flag you probably ought to spend a day or 3 in Gallup.

Mornin!

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's poorly done electrical work. I was trying to wire something last night and their kit has you wire it straight to the source, no fuses, no nothing. Oi. Talk about a slipshod configuration.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, friends. I was "supposed" to get up at 5:00 this morning for a masters swim, but I blew it off and I am having a hard time finding two shits to give. :happydance:

Road ride tonight. It might be time to start putting the layers on too.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I watched the baby this morning, skipping the department photo in doing so, and will be swinging by a new to me auto mechanic imminently for a quote. Then perhaps some research but for most of my projects the ball is not in my court at the moment.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Hey everybody! Just dropping in, hope all is well! 6" of snow at my local resort last night, stoke season has begun!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Today is a challenge. Started off with no sleep, then forgot my lunch, running late enough to missed the second bus, at least I got the last parking spot. A bunch of meetings I might skip all together and just go hide in the shed. I need to find my happy place, there are some seriously depressed mother f'ers. here.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just verified with wifey that we are going to Moab next week or so, psyched! Mostly a 'family' riding trip, but hopefully I can peel off with another dad and hit Mag 7 or Ahab. Pretty certain that TWE is not in the cards...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Just verified with wifey that we are going to Moab next week or so, psyched! Mostly a 'family' riding trip, but hopefully I can peel off with another dad and hit Mag 7 or Ahab. Pretty certain that TWE is not in the cards...
TWE was stellar this past weekend, but Burro is already slickery from nightly snows. I'd be surprised if it lasts another two weeks.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
ain't nothin' "meh" about that, man!
Yeah, 'meh' was just a general statement about the state of my mind nowadays. Anyway, work from home == betterer lunch, today I got me slow roasted brisket with fingerling potatoes, followed by a beer run, followed by a post-lunch beer. Now I am ready for :lazy2:.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Looks like I didn't die in my sleep, so I guess that makes me a year older today, damn it.
Happy birthday dude!

Hunkering down for a long season of hop pelleting. We got our first major rain storm in 5 months yesterday. An inch. We will need two more like that before we can start digging bike trails.

11508.jpeg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Morning Monkeys.

Today is a challenge. Started off with no sleep, then forgot my lunch, running late enough to missed the second bus, at least I got the last parking spot. A bunch of meetings I might skip all together and just go hide in the shed. I need to find my happy place, there are some seriously depressed mother f'ers. here.

Sounds like a normal day in high school. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Does anyone in the North Eastern part of the mmmmurica want to receive and then ship something for me?

Universal Cycles has a part that I want (hub axle), but they want to charge $30 to ship it to Canadia; the part itself is $30... I'd paypal you or mail you some toonies to cover the fees. You could just re-ship it with USPS at whatever the cheapest option is.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Does anyone in the North Eastern part of the mmmmurica want to receive and then ship something for me?

Universal Cycles has a part that I want (hub axle), but they want to charge $30 to ship it to Canadia; the part itself is $30... I'd paypal you or mail you some toonies to cover the fees. You could just re-ship it with USPS at whatever the cheapest option is.
I can help. What axle / part do you need? I have some Hope parts in the drawer.

Rode this evening. Humid. Everything was slippery as fcuk. Legs are still stiff from Saturday DH session. Now enjoying Whirlpool APA by Night Shift Brewing.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I can help. What axle / part do you need? I have some Hope parts in the drawer.

Rode this evening. Humid. Everything was slippery as fcuk. Legs are still stiff from Saturday DH session. Now enjoying Whirlpool APA by Night Shift Brewing.
Cecil put out an offer be the middle man.. he's in NY so might be cheapest. I'm looking for 142x12 Hope Pro 2 (non Evo)axle and the end caps. The kit I purchased from eBay wasn't OEM Hope, which perhaps is part of the problem.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Evenig Monkies! Currently in Billings, MT for a meeting tomorrow, did not bring bike because snow. Trails will not be ridable until it freezes. Eating hummus and Wassa crackers for dinner. Do not feel like going out to eat.

JBP reminds me that I'll have 10 weeks of vacation ib 2017. Looking to ride in New Mexico and Arizona in January and February. Going to visit the parents SE Washington next week. Will take bike and ride an area called State Patrol.

@boostindoubles up for a ride next week? Thurs, Fri or Sat? I'm bringing the giggle pig.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
hmmn may need a venue change for my weekend outingto the mountains

weather.gov
National Weather Service

Watches, Warnings & Advisories

Local weather forecast by "City, St" or zip code

3 products issued by NWS for: 6 Miles NNE Carson Pass CA
Share|

High Wind Watch
URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RENO NV
1230 PM PDT TUE OCT 11 2016

CAZ072-NVZ002-003-121200-
/O.CON.KREV.HW.A.0003.161014T0300Z-161015T0300Z/
GREATER LAKE TAHOE AREA-GREATER RENO-CARSON CITY-MINDEN AREA-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...SOUTH LAKE TAHOE...TRUCKEE...
STATELINE...INCLINE VILLAGE...SPARKS...GARDNERVILLE...
VIRGINIA CITY
1230 PM PDT TUE OCT 11 2016

...HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING
THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING...

* TIMING: WINDS WILL INCREASE LATE THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND
PERSIST THROUGH FRIDAY. A SECOND WAVE OF STRONG WINDS IS ALSO
POSSIBLE LATE SATURDAY INTO SUNDAY.

* WINDS: SOUTHWEST 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 60 MPH. GUSTS UP
TO 70 MPH ARE POSSIBLE IN THE FOOTHILLS AND WIND PRONE AREAS
ALONG HIGHWAY 395/INTERSTATE 580.

* HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES SHOULD AVOID WIND PRONE AREAS SUCH AS THE
HIGHWAY 395/I580 CORRIDOR INCLUDING WASHOE VALLEY. WINDS WILL