Quantcast

°•× friderpfuxitו°

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Man, I did not want to get up at 0315 this morning. Espresso better kick in quickly .....

Shopped around for diesel last night most of the stations were at 5.25 to 5.45 per gallon then on the edge of town quick stop had it for 4.25 gallon. truck took 23 gallons to fill it up for the weekend

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The person that schedules a 2:00 meeting on Friday afternoon before a three day holiday weekend should be FIRED.
1685104759515.png

Or actually the better thing to do is to:
1685104832689.png

I find most people don't reschedule or look at these and then wonder why you didn't show up. "Well I proposed a new time for the meeting as I had a conflict, I guess you didn't get it?" Then at least it doesn't look like you didn't fully bail out on it - NTTAWWT.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
View attachment 194269

Or actually the better thing to do is to:
View attachment 194270

I find most people don't reschedule or look at these and then wonder why you didn't show up. "Well I proposed a new time for the meeting as I had a conflict, I guess you didn't get it?" Then at least it doesn't look like you didn't fully bail out on it - NTTAWWT.
Yeah I'll be declining this, and I just blocked my calendar from 1:00 on. I plan on cutting out of work early. Got to go to the LBS and pick up our tri bikes. I think this meeting organizer is going to end up rescheduling because nobody is going to attend, lmao.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Yeah I'll be declining this, and I just blocked my calendar from 1:00 on. I plan on cutting out of work early. Got to go to the LBS and pick up our tri bikes. I think this meeting organizer is going to end up rescheduling because nobody is going to attend, lmao.
whatcha getting done?
I saw this guy this morning on my street spreading the contents of several garbage bins all over the road, lmao. What a fucking mess. Not my mess though! :rofl:

View attachment 194271
he big

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. School's out for summer. Hannah's still at Primrose, but the cost goes down by $32/wk for summer camp. Though we had to pay $200 for all the field trips, so I'm not sure what the point of that was.

I ran into a teacher who is one of my clients yesterday at Hannah's graduation, which was fun. In ~10yrs it was the first time Wifey's ever interacted with someone from my work that isn't a colleague. Afterwards she said it was a very different interaction than she expected. I'm not sure what she expected, but it was very different.

Haley's kart is inbound and should be at the shop next week. The insurance company won't be there to inspect her old kart until the 6th, so it will likely be swapped to the new chassis by then, so just a rolling chassis for inspection. Wifey started giving me heat about the kart again last night because I ordered it without knowing how much we're getting, but I'm not sure what my options are - she needs a kart to race and she'll miss races if we wait to find out from the insurance company. It's a nasty catch-22 position.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
:wave:
back home from NOLA. Man is that a dirty city but the food was amazing. Successful bidnezz trip too, so I'll call it a win. A bit of work today, then early start to the long weekend. Likely thunderstorm this afternoon so I might wait and ride after the rain.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Just killed a mosquitoe. inside my house. bastard. at least it hadn't fed yet. fuck you, you little fucker. I live downtown, there's not supposed to be mosquitoes here!

in other news, good ride last night. I felt flat, but my Strava fitness indicator says my fitness is improving (Strava has automatically given me a free month of premium access. It's cool, I guess, but I dgaf enough to pay for it). We were blocked from having post-ride libations at our preferred location because a driver hit a biker and the road to/through town was blocked. I'm not seeing anything in the news about it, so I'm hoping nothing bad happened. I assume that only the worst outcomes get reported in the news? :fingerscrossed:

a beautiful weekend is on tap, but wifey is heading out of town for the weekend, leaving me with both boys, and hemmed in by the "race weekend", that is going to close roads all around me. It's going to be fun getting places with the boys... :shakefist:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Woke up at 4 to go play 18 with Crabjoe before work. All that golf talk yesterday must have stoked my game, shot a textbook 77 and left a few shots on the table. Not a bad way to start the day.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Woke up at 4 to go play 18 with Crabjoe before work. All that good talk yesterday must have stoked my game, shot a textbook 77 and left a few shots on the table. Not a bad way to start the day.
Damn, I'm lucky to get in 9 before the office, 18 would be a stretch. I can do 9 in under 90 minutes, but 3 hours before I start work would make me need a nap at lunch. :rofl:

I've done 9 in an hour, but that's hauling ass. I like to play 2-3 balls.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Damn, I'm lucky to get in 9 before the office, 18 would be a stretch. I can do 9 in under 90 minutes, but 3 hours before I start work would make me need a nap at lunch. :rofl:

I've done 9 in an hour, but that's hauling ass. I like to play 2-3 balls.
We had a 5:44 tee time and walked. Made it around in 3:30. So maybe not all 18 before work, but we both put in enough casual OT that getting some hours back on a quiet Friday morning is NBD.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
40 miles, 5900ft of the verts ridden.

The 685ft climb in 1 mile over loose cobble was a toughie.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hallo ppls

drove in again, because more afternoon thunderstorm +/- hail goodness forecast. it is the way of May apparently.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Gonna camp and ride in a new zone to me (Lander, WY). Kiddo has expressed a minor interest in riding again, so there will be a bike available, no pressure. I guess there is some shuttling later in the summer, but for now he will have to pedal, I hope that’s not a deal breaker…

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
We had a 5:44 tee time and walked. Made it around in 3:30. So maybe not all 18 before work, but we both put in enough casual OT that getting some hours back on a quiet Friday morning is NBD.
Most of the places around here don't do much before 6:30. McKay opens at 7 but I can start before and pay when I'm done. I am usually able to tee off by 6, done by 7:30, in the office before 8. I don't work more than a 30 hour week, either.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Most of the places around here don't do much before 6:30. McKay opens at 7 but I can start before and pay when I'm done. I am usually able to tee off by 6, done by 7:30, in the office before 8. I don't work more than a 30 hour week, either.
That's awesome. Getting up that early isn't ideal, but the payoff of having the course to yourself is worth it.

I need a new pitching wedge. Never been able to hit that particular club for some reason, I'm always hitting a 3/4 9i or gap wedge. I should probably start shopping for a new one.