Quantcast

°•○●□■♤♡♢♧Friday gfmt♧♢♡♤■□●○•°

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Those wingdings are glorious. I was up at 4:30 this morning to bring Wife to the airport. The things I do for that woman. Now it's just me, the dog, and the cats for four days. We're going to blow the roof off the house.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
happy blizzard day!
Those wingdings are glorious. I was up at 4:30 this morning to bring Wife to the airport. The things I do for that woman. Now it's just me, the dog, and the cats for four days. We're going to blow the roof off the house.
Stupid snow.
What is this thing you call snow? Scoped out a trail extension yesterday, nice day in the woods.
coffee then its off to Arlington National Cemetery for my Father in Laws funeral then hustle back to the hotel beforr they shut the metro
Is it Friday yet?
Thank you!
I'd like to recall my last message, please disregard.

Thanks!

Good morning. Prepped for snowmaggedon. Have a solid 4 day supply of booze and coffee. Tested the generator last night. Installed an electric fuel pump to one of the old volvos. Said generator now has a nice full 12 gallon supply of fuel readily available.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Thanks!

Good morning. Prepped for snowmaggedon. Have a solid 4 day supply of booze and coffee. Tested the generator last night. Installed an electric fuel pump to one of the old volvos. Said generator now has a nice full 12 gallon supply of fuel readily available.
But do you have a truck to go with the generator???

I love Fridays, its the one day during the week that has no traffic jams on the way in to work.

In the office today until around 12pm and then headed to the head office for our quarterly IT meeting, for the 6 or 7 other dudes who work at the other buildings in this city. Free lunch, get to sit in some comfy chairs and not running around the plant fixing crap. Sounds like a good day to me.

Coffee for all!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Saturday = skiing with the guys in the morning then... I dunno... drinking beers?
Sunday = son's ski lessons in the morning then rooting against the Pats in the afternoon

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
happy blizzard day!
Stupid snow.
What is this thing you call snow? Scoped out a trail extension yesterday, nice day in the woods.
coffee then its off to Arlington National Cemetery for my Father in Laws funeral then hustle back to the hotel beforr they shut the metro
Is it Friday yet?
Thank you!
I'd like to recall my last message, please disregard.
But do you have a truck to go with the generator???

I love Fridays, its the one day during the week that has no traffic jams on the way in to work.

In the office today until around 12pm and then headed to the head office for our quarterly IT meeting, for the 6 or 7 other dudes who work at the other buildings in this city. Free lunch, get to sit in some comfy chairs and not running around the plant fixing crap. Sounds like a good day to me.

Coffee for all!
I have no bro-dozer, but withing the first few inches of snow there is a good chance one will end up in my lawn. Seriously, happens every storm. The road widens for a right hand turn right before my house, then narrows down to normal size. When people can't see the road they drift to the right then are unable to move left and end up in my yard. Apparently the trees directly in their path isn't good enough to tell them they are not on the road anymore.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Not sure what this snow you speak of is all about, but TGIF anyway. I got gas for $1.94 in the tiny little town I work in this morning (it's still $2.14 in Saratoga) so I'm already winning. I bought a giant Stewarts coffee with my savings too!
Syd & Sq-Earl have the annual snowball dance tonight so Alex & I have a rockin' evening of hot tubbing, popcorn eating and snuggling up with a movie of her choice...should be a good time!!!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ready for the snow. i should walk around the grocery store and laugh at all the muppets who aren't ready yet.

that and i need coffee creamer.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Wasn't watching the portfolio yesterday, as we were too busy, until after the close and saw this. That hurt. Thankfully I'm still up over 100%, I've taken notable profits, and the loss was only* $2k, but that stung for sure.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Here. Wasn't watching the portfolio yesterday, as we were too busy, until after the close and saw this. That hurt. Thankfully I'm still up over 100%, I've taken notable profits, and the loss was only* $2k, but that stung for sure.
Could be worse. You could have a healthy chunk of your IRA tied up in oil related investments. Good thing retirement is a ways off...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
'mornin. Day 5 of fever for the little one. now his ears hurt. off to the doctor we go. my boss is not impressed that I've missed a half week of work this week.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Less than 2 hours to closing on the new place. Been packing this week... packing sucks. Moving sucks. Owning a house better be worth it. Good morning. Thanks!

Could be worse. You could have a healthy chunk of your IRA tied up in oil related investments. Good thing retirement is a ways off...
I'm currently doing some soul searching on whether or not I wanna risk moving all my IRA investments to oil & gas. If that market (is it a market?) rebounds a fella could do alright. And since I started saving for retirement late in life I could use a little shot in the arm.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
one of the old volvos
They have multiplied?!
Up at 4 and ran the 9 miles to work
WTF, my bro-tato?
You could have a healthy chunk of your IRA tied up in oil related investments
Y U no diversify?!
I'm currently doing some soul searching on whether or not I wanna risk moving all my IRA investments to oil & gas. If that market (is it a market?) rebounds a fella could do alright. And since I started saving for retirement late in life I could use a little shot in the arm.
Do you really want to catch a falling knife? Are you willing to see your investments remain in the doldrums for a decade?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
In other, sadder, news, Doug Green was my friend: https://www.ksl.com/?sid=38226567&nid=148&title=man-killed-in-gobblers-knob-avalanche-identified&fm=home_page&s_cid=topstory . Killed in an avalanche on Thursday. He worked 0.6 FTE and skied the rest of the year, every year. He was my favorite co-worker at UW from the very first day.

At the end of the first day we worked together at Harborview he confided in me, "Toshi, I fear that you may be smarter than me." "Doug, I fear the same thing." (and by that that he was smarter than I, not that I feared that I was smarter than him. anyway.)

He died skiing, sure, but to suffocate under a ton of snow is probably terrifying and not pleasant at all. RIP, my friend.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
They have multiplied?!

WTF, my bro-tato?

Y U no diversify?!

Do you really want to catch a falling knife? Are you willing to see your investments remain in the doldrums for a decade?
It's not ALL oil & gas, just a healthy chunk. I am diversified in the sense that I am also invested in tech stocks, funds, and bonds both domestically and internationally. It just so happens that the largest chunk at this point is with oil & gas. I have time though, so at this point I just have to wait this one out.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Yo. Weekend plans = ski and music. Andy Frasco is coming to town and I love him! I wish we would get 3' snow in town. We have none right now, it's all in the mtns.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I have no bro-dozer, but withing the first few inches of snow there is a good chance one will end up in my lawn. Seriously, happens every storm. The road widens for a right hand turn right before my house, then narrows down to normal size. When people can't see the road they drift to the right then are unable to move left and end up in my yard. Apparently the trees directly in their path isn't good enough to tell them they are not on the road anymore.
Place some landmines.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Less than 2 hours to closing on the new place. Been packing this week... packing sucks. Moving sucks. Owning a house better be worth it. Good morning. Thanks!

Don't forget, Iran just had sanctions lifted and are dumping oil into the global market and Saudi Arabia is not reducing production. The US shale market has been crushed, but there is no real projections about when oil might go up again.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Place some landmines.
I also have a problem in that my house is the first house in the neighborhood where good cell reception is had. People drive up the road and pull over to talk on the phone. Most of them pull a little into my yard turning it into a rutted quagmire when wet. I started putting large rocks in the way to prevent that. Last year one of those rocks took out the oil pan of some kids F150. I suggested he get a tow truck, but he drove away after getting pulled out. :happydance:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think Westy needs a webcam pointed at the street. For "lol" purposes.
The snow has started to fly. The moron trap should start collecting victims any time now. I will try to document for posterity. I really hope I get the guy who speeds around in a big lifted Silverado with straight pipes and giant confederate flag mounted in the bed. But he knows the road, so it is unlikely.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The snow has started to fly. The moron trap should start collecting victims any time now. I will try to document for posterity. I really hope I get the guy who speeds around in a big lifted Silverado with straight pipes and giant confederate flag mounted in the bed. But he knows the road, so it is unlikely.
i'm guessing there's a 50/50 shot he has low profile street tires too, so the trap may work.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just down the road from me. It is always the people with 4wd who think they can still stop/turn/go straight because they aren't getting stuck. Not even a 1/2" yet

As far as the front yard is concerned. Numerous overshoots. Looks like 3 cars have gone into the grass, not enough to get stuck yet.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i'm guessing there's a 50/50 shot he has low profile street tires too, so the trap may work.
That is a very rare style in this neck of the woods. People mount mud tires to commute 50 miles daily on highways. Few urban rednecks, just straight up rednecks.