Quantcast

°•○●□■♤♡♢♧Friday gfmt♧♢♡♤■□●○•°

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Less than 2 hours to closing on the new place. Been packing this week... packing sucks. Moving sucks. Owning a house better be worth it. Good morning. Thanks!
Errr... uhhh... this is probably the wrong time to break the truth to you.

:D

I'm currently doing some soul searching on whether or not I wanna risk moving all my IRA investments to oil & gas. If that market (is it a market?) rebounds a fella could do alright. And since I started saving for retirement late in life I could use a little shot in the arm.
NEVER "move all" into ANY "THING"...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
In other, sadder, news, Doug Green was my friend: https://www.ksl.com/?sid=38226567&nid=148&title=man-killed-in-gobblers-knob-avalanche-identified&fm=home_page&s_cid=topstory . Killed in an avalanche on Thursday. He worked 0.6 FTE and skied the rest of the year, every year. He was my favorite co-worker at UW from the very first day.

At the end of the first day we worked together at Harborview he confided in me, "Toshi, I fear that you may be smarter than me." "Doug, I fear the same thing." (and by that that he was smarter than I, not that I feared that I was smarter than him. anyway.)

He died skiing, sure, but to suffocate under a ton of snow is probably terrifying and not pleasant at all. RIP, my friend.
FUCK. I hate to see this $hit. Especially with the trainwreck the current snowpack is and the warnings that have been up... "The Utah Avalanche Center currently ranks avalanche danger as "high" along Wasatch Front mountain ranges."

And Gobbler's goes regularly. And has killed multiple people. https://utahavalanchecenter.org/avalanches/fatalities/map

FUCK.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Someone had a decent off. Another foot and the incline would have had them. If we didn't have a hard freeze a little bit of mud would be making this a lot more interesting.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So much for Snowpocalypse. Got a few inches, but so far nothing crippling like predicted. Got to drive the Toaster in the snow since the roads were not scraped yet. It does great, not a true 4x4 by any means, but none the less quite a capable ride in shit weather.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Grocery stores were cleaned out like the end of times just happened to fall on Thanksgiving. Milk, shredded cheese, butter, water, frozen pizzas, gone, all gone. If people are this panicked and paranoid over a snow storm that might last two days followed by temps in the 40s, then I don't want to see what they do when a real crisis actually hits this area.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
didn't the last east coast snowmageddon turn out to be a bust as well?? :hmm:
they mostly always do, but folks here get HYPED UP.
i grew up in new england and used to mock it, but i've realized that here in nc they don't have proper equipment to clear it, plus there's almost always a mix of ice and freezing rain involved, which makes it super sketchy.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Been getting hammered pretty good. Really nice dry snow. Small shattered crystals. I bet they are getting really worked around at altitude. Dense dry snow mixed with just enough wind is keeping the weight off the shitty local breed of pines, which is the biggest threat to power in these parts.

Still have plenty of snacks.

A little a head of schedule in regards to the booze rations.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
glad to hear y'all right coast :monkey: are alive for the moment. :thumb:

seriously though, I get the challenge of having a lot of snow where it's not common, and the trouble it creates in a really populated urban area (DC, NYC ...) but if the forecast called for 30" out here I'd think it would be the greatest news since ... something.