Quantcast

°•○●□■♤♡♢♧Friday gfmt♧♢♡♤■□●○•°

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
@Dirtrider I do and I drive either past that section of bridge or over that section of bridge everyday. last night, i drove past it when the fire was seemingly just starting, so maybe 20 minutes before full engulfment and 40 minutes before collapse. I saw black smoke and fire engines arriving in my rear view mirror when I passed by,

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Decent ride last night, I was a bit rusty after a week off. No biggie though, turns out I can still go downhill at a pretty good clip.

Just waiting to hear back from a fabricator as my rear bumper replacement should be done any day now. OMFGHURRYUP.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Today is Wifey's last day at work. Her level of fucks is beyond zero. Apparently her boss (one of the owners) was riding her about what she thinks the new girl will not be able to do and what her availability is going to be over the next few months. If I was a betting man, I would put sizable funds that they were probably banking that she would contract out for a lot of the work that she was doing before, under the assumption it would cost less to do as-needed for 1/2-2/3 of her load vs. full time. They did end up getting a major contract yesterday, with most of the work for the pitch having fallen on her shoulders, that will support them for 2018-19. They also got out of paying her a $20k contract signing bonus because of the timing. God, I can't wait until the new girl quits and they have nobody left in marketing. They've made it clear that they can't afford a re-branding right now, but would have to bring on somebody experienced to fill the now empty positions, who is not familiar with the existing brand.

Wifey's hard pressed with regards to how she will deal with this. Obviously we have a household to support, but at the same time how much support does she want to provide to the company that has now let her go twice as they needed flexibility in their budget. Working as a contractor has provided more, although inconsistent, income for us. But a lot of that work was for them... What to do, what to do.

For me? Second coffee and I'm wearing jeans at work.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Today is Wifey's last day at work. Her level of fucks is beyond zero. Apparently her boss (one of the owners) was riding her about what she thinks the new girl will not be able to do and what her availability is going to be over the next few months. If I was a betting man, I would put sizable funds that they were probably banking that she would contract out for a lot of the work that she was doing before, under the assumption it would cost less to do as-needed for 1/2-2/3 of her load vs. full time. They did end up getting a major contract yesterday, with most of the work for the pitch having fallen on her shoulders, that will support them for 2018-19. They also got out of paying her a $20k contract signing bonus because of the timing. God, I can't wait until the new girl quits and they have nobody left in marketing. They've made it clear that they can't afford a re-branding right now, but would have to bring on somebody experienced to fill the now empty positions, who is not familiar with the existing brand.

Wifey's hard pressed with regards to how she will deal with this. Obviously we have a household to support, but at the same time how much support does she want to provide to the company that has now let her go twice as they needed flexibility in their budget. Working as a contractor has provided more, although inconsistent, income for us. But a lot of that work was for them... What to do, what to do.

As to your wife's dilemma, I shall channel my inner @jonKranked.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

@stoney my wife was at the same place for 14 years and finally got sick of the crap. She hasn't done anything with her 401k yet, but it is starting to look like there might be issues. The last statement she has is from 2015 and 2 other gals that have recently left have had issues contacting the management company for it. The wife fears her employer borrowed against it to open the new office and it isn't there now. Thoughts? Actions to take?

FTSF is in full swing. My back is jacked and the weather looks partly sunny (win for PNW weather). Rain tomorrow but clear Sun/Mon. Moar coffee.

<edit> When my buddy left his corp gig to focus on music they offered him a contract. He tried to come up with a $$$ they would say no to. He called $400/hr, they agreed. He ended up working 6 more months at 50+ hours a week until he couldn't take it. Have her pull a crazy number and if they bite, why not? :rofl:

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Morning Monkeys.

@stoney my wife was at the same place for 14 years and finally got sick of the crap. She hasn't done anything with her 401k yet, but it is starting to look like there might be issues. The last statement she has is from 2015 and 2 other gals that have recently left have had issues contacting the management company for it. The wife fears her employer borrowed against it to open the new office and it isn't there now. Thoughts? Actions to take?

FTSF is in full swing. My back is jacked and the weather looks partly sunny (win for PNW weather). Rain tomorrow but clear Sun/Mon. Moar coffee.

<edit> When my buddy left his corp gig to focus on music they offered him a contract. He tried to come up with a $$$ they would say no to. He called $400/hr, they agreed. He ended up working 6 more months at 50+ hours a week until he couldn't take it. Have her pull a crazy number and if they bite, why not? :rofl:
Seem PM. Concur. We're discussing what the rate should be, but I'm pushing for a 20-30% premium over existing on top of increased rate for FICA and overhead.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
HAPPY F'IN FRIDAYYYYYYYYYYY.

Man, the police were out in force this morning. Good thing my car is incapable of breaking any speed laws.

It has stopped snowing and is now raining. There is a ride scheduled with some buddies for Sunday. That gives the forest one day of dry time; I'm praying its enough time. If not, there are some steeps and jump lines that can be scoped out and cleaned up.

On the work front, I've got our student here today. I was at another manufacturing plant this morning and learned of some hilarity. He removed someone's laptop from the domain, somehow, but didn't check to make sure he knew the local administrative account user name OR password. If you break it, you fix it. Lesson learned for him. :D:rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
He was making grip before, but it was salary (I think he was at $200k range) but the company no longer covered bennies or bonuses so I guess the $400 seemed cheap in the scheme of things. He did get some really sweet new music gear, though. He has a thing for McIntosh hardware.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

sell M//// car to fund all bike related shit you will want to buy that she will veto while you are sole provider.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

This week keeps shaping up this way and by tomorrow kill list = to do list. Some sort of "miscommunication" between myself and shrinks office meant I showed up for an appointment that had been "canceled", my admin announced she has pancreatic cancer, and I found out that an old high school buddy offed himself earlier this week leaving behind 3 kids and a wife. I know I bitched about it yesterday, but I'm glad the girls are around keeping me busy.

Another day in the hate factory.
Good, I need to up my order. Have your people get in touch with my people.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:wave:

This week keeps shaping up this way and by tomorrow kill list = to do list. Some sort of "miscommunication" between myself and shrinks office meant I showed up for an appointment that had been "canceled", my admin announced she has pancreatic cancer, and I found out that an old high school buddy offed himself earlier this week leaving behind 3 kids and a wife. I know I bitched about it yesterday, but I'm glad the girls are around keeping me busy.

Good, I need to up my order. Have your people get in touch with my people.
You still got people up this way if you need to take a day to unwind and have some fun.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sorry to hear. I am going through some depression times myself as nothing seems to be making any sense anymore. On top, it is snowing again and it won't stop until tomorrow night. Wifey just left for her Eurotrip and I can't do any of my bachelor fun because I am sick as a dog. Someone shoot me now, please.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Seem PM. Concur. We're discussing what the rate should be, but I'm pushing for a 20-30% premium over existing on top of increased rate for FICA and overhead.
shoot for 40-50%. as an asshole tax. like, totally blow past what you think is reasonable. if they bite, awesome. if they don't and want to negotiate, you've got plenty of bargaining space.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
day off. breakfast with a buddy. good little corner dive type spot in his 'hood. spent $7 including tip. win.

then vet, costco, now for some chores. rain, so no riding.