Quantcast

°•○●□■♤♡♢♧Friday gfmt♧♢♡♤■□●○•°

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Sorry to hear. I am going through some depression times myself as nothing seems to be making any sense anymore. On top, it is snowing again and it won't stop until tomorrow night. Wifey just left for her Eurotrip and I can't do any of my bachelor fun because I am sick as a dog. Someone shoot me now, please.
Well that is no bueno. Sucks you're under the weather (literally & figuratively), but please do make a point to avoid any shooting...well, unless you happen to see giant snow spiders...then by all means break out the freedom wand.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Mouth on fire from the hab sauce. Love me a carne burrito with black beans and hab sauce. Holy hell it is filling. I used to be much fatter.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Successfully moves wife's Grandmother to her new place is full time care yesterday. Probably the easiest move I have ever done. We took pictures of the room setup, and set the new room up exactly the same. She did pretty well with the new place, only got list a handful of times in getting back to her room but they are taking extra time with her over the next month as she adjusts.
Already super impressed with the new place, we were not even inside yet and three people asked us how they can help. Building is old, but the care level is awesome.

The FIL bought me a new lawn mower as a thanks for helping. Just set it up and ran it.... Now I can never buy a cheap mower again.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
shoot for 40-50%. as an asshole tax. like, totally blow past what you think is reasonable. if they bite, awesome. if they don't and want to negotiate, you've got plenty of bargaining space.
First offer is to mark the boundaries of what's possible, not come to the table immediately with something reasonable.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I bid on a house in Denmark and the agent came back and said the buyer was not interested in doing anything with the price. This is after 180 days on the market with no serious bidders. Oh well.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Hello all. Down to Key West over the course of today.
Blue Heaven for brunch. Do it.

Hanging in carmel. Drinks watching the sunset, then wandered around and found dinner. It's effing gorgeous here. slept in, then wandered around the town some more and then a Point Lobos hike today. vineyards and hike in the hills tomorrow. Then up to San Fran and dinner at Le Colonial. mebbe go to sf moma sunday. monday is "work" trip up to an artist's foundation in inverness/point reyes area, with a stop at lagunitas on the way home. my MIL is awesome for looking after our boys solo.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I bid on a house in Denmark and the agent came back and said the buyer was not interested in doing anything with the price. This is after 180 days on the market with no serious bidders. Oh well.
When we were looking a few months ago, we came across a ton of empty-nester's who refused to drop house price. They were going against nicer, newer, equal sized places but refused to drop prices. It was clear that they had banked on their houses being worth a certain amount and were adamant that they were going to get that. There were places that were $80-100k over comps, but they weren't having it. Most of the ones we looked at are still on market and have only dropped by $3-4k.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Blue Heaven for brunch

Hanging in carmel. Drinks watching the sunset, then wandered around and found dinner. It's effing gorgeous here. slept in, then wandered around the town some more and then a Point Lobos hike today. vineyards and hike in the hills tomorrow. Then up to San Fran and dinner at Le Colonial. mebbe go to sf moma sunday. monday is "work" trip up to an artist's foundation in inverness/point reyes area, with a stop at lagunitas on the way home. my MIL is awesome for looking after our boys solo.
Did you get reservations for Le Colonial? Kind of important.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Made a P.N.S.E. (Pacific North South East) style lander today with a friend, plenty of cedar, all 100% dirt

(Note the ferns and cedar, hallmarks of P.N.S.E style landers)

(This probably would have been more level if we were drunk)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Made a P.N.S.E. (Pacific North South East) style lander today with a friend, plenty of cedar, all 100% dirt

(Note the ferns and cedar, hallmarks of P.N.S.E style landers)

(This probably would have been more level if we were drunk)
Looks like it's aimed right at that tree on the left.:busted:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
When we were looking a few months ago, we came across a ton of empty-nester's who refused to drop house price. They were going against nicer, newer, equal sized places but refused to drop prices. It was clear that they had banked on their houses being worth a certain amount and were adamant that they were going to get that. There were places that were $80-100k over comps, but they weren't having it. Most of the ones we looked at are still on market and have only dropped by $3-4k.
I am coming into the market with a good load of cash and I can get into the high end of the market too. Not many buyers. I have been watching the market for a while and very few houses has been sold. This house we have looked as is an odd ball too as its split into a two family and its very run down. Plus the guy inherited the house. He should just take the money and run or at lest try to play the game a little.