Quantcast

°•○●□■♤♡♢♧monda gfmt♧♢♡♤■□●○•°

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Stayed up late watching the Copa America game last night. I only started watching after the second half, but it was a good game from then on... Though I generally hate when big games go to penalties, I was pleased with last night's result.

Tired this morning, coffee isn't doing much. Yet.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I rode in behind one of these guys today... khaki pants tucked into his socks, blundstones, mustache handlebar, fixie, coffee mug in one hand... this song immediately popped into my head.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Market's a shit show again. There is literally no idea what is going to happen with the Brexit, but the panic continues. I'm pretty sure we're watching the short sellers get involved now to push down the pound and UK market to get old people to sell, and it's working.

Otherwise, ride in and didn't die. Did a ton of work around the house this weekend and didn't ride. That is all.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Had a good ride early Saturday morning, despite snapping a spoke at the same place for the third time in as many weeks...now thinking there is a burr at the eyelet on the hub flange. Will investigate tonight after mowing the lawn.

Bought seat covers for the Jeep at Cabela's yesterday, but they fit like shit so will be returned today. I then did the only logical thing when $60 universal-fit seat covers don't meet my standards and spent what I would classify as a stupid amount of money on a set online last night. All my pantless internet research claims they are second to none and worth it. Hoping they're in stock at the mfg and ship right away.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin! :wave:

Not a whole lot here. Had a great time with my older brother this weekend. Played 18 holes of golf, 14 of those holes even par and the remaining 4 in +9. ROFL!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Moved, did lots of move-in stuff, sorts set up a semblance of a shop, and we inherited a cat.

Now to let the cat ease gently in to his new surroundings:
-4 year old boy
-1.75 year old boy
-house undergoing major demo/renovation

Lots of adjusting going on around here...

Might go for a ride tonight to see if the local trails are any good.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Race weekend is over, so I got laid off today. Gonna coffee my face, go for a high country ride, then head for Colorado.

New Mexican sunsets suck:

Several racers offered me money for my race plate :rockout:

#funemployment continues.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Market's a shit show again.
I use my taxable account as a buffer for month to month expenses with a 35% stock sub-account. Since last month was expensive (grill, mower, blower, trimmer, irrigation controller, dentist bike rentals) I have the joy of cashing out in a down market.

Oh well. At least the account has tax loss harvested some nice losses already so it's doing me some good on the upside and downside alike.

In other news it is already hot and is going to get hotter. I rode in because why not?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Howdy.

Only 4 days to go before the road trip to the East coast. Riding plans have been thrown for a loop, slightly, due to one of the DH resorts only being open Thursday-Sunday. I'm excited to enjoy a beer on my lawn chair next to the ocean.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
some updates on my neighbor without electricity:

somehow someone found out it wasn't shut off for delinquent payments, but for code violations. one of the neighbors who has a brother that's a cop says that's a sure sign of a basement grow operation.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I use my taxable account as a buffer for month to month expenses with a 35% stock sub-account. Since last month was expensive (grill, mower, blower, trimmer, irrigation controller, dentist bike rentals) I have the joy of cashing out in a down market.

Oh well. At least the account has tax loss harvested some nice losses already so it's doing me some good on the upside and downside alike.

In other news it is already hot and is going to get hotter. I rode in because why not?
I tend to use Muni funds as high yield cash equivalents in my taxable accounts. Not much volatility, good yield, and when stock markets shit the bed they tend to go up. Not perfect, but they definitely make things a bit more stable in that account. Now my IRA, which is the super aggressive portfolio... :panic:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Man my ride on Saturday really made me tired. I had too long a break between my last mtb ride. Upper body is weak. I wish I could ride every week but I'm not crazy about riding along.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Howdy.

Only 4 days to go before the road trip to the East coast. Riding plans have been thrown for a loop, slightly, due to one of the DH resorts only being open Thursday-Sunday. I'm exciting to enjoy a beer on my lawn chair next to the ocean.
What DH resorts are you hitting?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What DH resorts are you hitting?
I was going to do Sugarloaf resort in New Brunswick on the way to St Anne.

Both are closed. St Anne says that the gondola is only available to pedestrians at the current time AND all the DH trails are closed, but the the "XC" trails are open. :(

::edit:: I read Sainte Anne's website a little more and it sounds like they are only open Thursday-Monday as well. So Saint Anne it is on Thursday...

Last edited:

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Rode some new trails in our area for the first time on Sat. They are the closest legal MTB trails to MDI/Bar Harbor. Classic New England style singletrack with a good amount of granite boulders. I enjoyed it.

Yesterday was baking in the sun on my road bike. I had to pick up some bars of soap from a friend who makes them for a living. I like to run my errands in combo with getting in some miles.

May ride tonight or I may mow the lawn.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

somehow someone found out it wasn't shut off for delinquent payments, but for code violations. one of the neighbors who has a brother that's a cop says that's a sure sign of a basement grow operation.
Ha, when I was in Medford the neighbors power got shut off for non-payment. He ran an extension cord from his neighbors outside outlet and had it daisy chained all over the house. I told his neighbor that the power was coming off his bill via the cord. When he got his electric bill it was over $400 (usually around $120 there). He confronted him and he promised to pay. He packed up the family 2 days later in the middle of the night while homeboy was at work and skipped town. :rofl:

Man that was a crazy hood.
/coolstorybro

Morning Monkeys.

Seems word is getting out around the office that they have decided to keep me around for a little longer. I didn't have to work this weekends release, but I have a feeling I will be working a few of them soon. Yay, late night Sunday software releases rule!!!

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I tend to use Muni funds as high yield cash equivalents in my taxable accounts. Not much volatility, good yield, and when stock markets shit the bed they tend to go up. Not perfect, but they definitely make things a bit more stable in that account. Now my IRA, which is the super aggressive portfolio... :panic:
I want at least a little volatility so that tax loss harvesting can do its magic, though. Betterment is 31% muni bonds in my 35% stock account, fwiw.

https://www.betterment.com/portfolio/

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

Someone very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very close to me once managed a good sized grow-op when putting himself through college.
Running a generator or insufficient, let along against code, electrical system isn't something that makes any sense in that highly profitable sceario.

My guess is this guy has no $ and house service needs updating so no electrician will touch it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Someone very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very close to me once managed a good sized grow-op when putting himself through college.
Running a generator or insufficient, let along against code, electrical system isn't something that makes any sense in that highly profitable sceario.

My guess is this guy has no $ and house service needs updating so no electrician will touch it.
the neighbor in question is an electrician. apparently not a very good one, because he got fired from his last job as one.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If I can swing moving my holidays from the beginning of September to the end of September, I might ditch the plans for Whistler and do Arizona instead. Crazy?

:ban:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Waiting to find out about a house I am interested in... Waiting sucks
Wifey and I had two bad viewings on Saturday. The place we want keeps raising it's price. Now we've spotted somewhere up in the mountains we like, but need to investigate what high speed internet options there are for up in the mountains - a requirement for our respective jobs.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
driving thru old neighborhoods.....shit doesnt change much...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Wifey and I had two bad viewings on Saturday. The place we want keeps raising it's price. Now we've spotted somewhere up in the mountains we like, but need to investigate what high speed internet options there are for up in the mountains - a requirement for our respective jobs.
Don't believe any promises regarding availability. Only believe actual service to the house in question that you can verify. Why? Because the companies are scum:

http://arstechnica.com/business/2016/03/comcast-failed-to-install-internet-for-10-months-then-demanded-60000-in-fees/

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
If I can swing moving my holidays from the beginning of September to the end of September, I might ditch the plans for Whistler and do Arizona instead. Crazy?
yes. save AZ for when you have kids and can't do crazy stuff. like ride DH. Unless of course you can do both. I miss trips to Whistler. I miss riding DH.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Guy I went to school with got busted for a big grow operation. He was smart enough to hide his power consumption but not smart enough to hide his cocaine consumption. Neighbours called the cops on him after they saw him riding his lawn tractor around, in the snow, in his underwear. Cops suspected something bigger was going when the place smelled like the tweed.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
yes. save AZ for when you have kids and can't do crazy stuff. like ride DH. Unless of course you can do both. I miss trips to Whistler. I miss riding DH.
Kids :rofl:

I predict none. Don't want any.

Arizona would be a complete show up and ride type of deal. Older retired dudes on the trip plan/do everything.

Whistler would be myself and one buddy. Said guy hasn't ridden a DH bike in over a year....I'm scared for him.