Quantcast

°•○●□■♤♡♢♧monda gfmt♧♢♡♤■□●○•°

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Don't believe any promises regarding availability. Only believe actual service to the house in question that you can verify. Why? Because the companies are scum:

http://arstechnica.com/business/2016/03/comcast-failed-to-install-internet-for-10-months-then-demanded-60000-in-fees/
After yet another service outage for Comcast, we finally called to switch. My lady signed up for Comcast years ago and was talked into a triple play bundle even though she had no phone to use with the "home phone" option, but did it because it was cheaper than just TV/Internet at the time. When I saw our bill ($185) I freaked. We have a pretty basic cable package, one HD box and no DVR. She didn't want to go through the hassle of going to Directv, but then over the weekend, a local outage meant she couldn't watch Bravo OnDemand. That was it! She called and switched, they install next week.

We got twice the channels and 20GB internet with whole home DVR for $102 a month for 2 years on a 2 year contract. When she called to complain, they tried to talk her into upgrading to the X1 platform. "You can talk to your remote!" She about died laughing and said "If I'm talking to the remote, cut me off" :rofl:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Nice. Thanks to the beauty of fiber to the home I get 1000/1000 Mbps + basic TV-over-IP for $139/month but that's only a 12 month promo deal. I'll have to play the switching to Comcast card without laughing to keep that price.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Nice. Thanks to the beauty of fiber to the home I get 1000/1000 Mbps + basic TV-over-IP for $139/month but that's only a 12 month promo deal. I'll have to play the switching to Comcast card without laughing to keep that price.
I had fios at the old place with the Directv setup (same xtra package I got this time) and loved it, but living in the sticks there are only 2 options, Comcast and Centerylink (I heard Verizon has service but its slow as hell). We are even here 2 years from now I will be both shocked and sad. But it was only $5 more a month to lock it in for the full 2 years of the contract, so totally worth it.

There isn't a lot that pisses my lady off, but f@ck with her Bravo channel and there is hell to pay! What ever would she do without her fill of "Real Housewives of (insert metro area here)"? :panic:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
New to me high alpine ride: check.

Rode Lost Lake Trail near Red River, NM. This is the trail where a Wilderness Boundary was redrawn to give mountain bikes access to an entire loop, and I can say with certainty that it's worth checking out. Super fun trail. Pretty mellow grade, but plenty of roots and rocks and amazing scenery and a high alpine Lake at the top and hail and rain and damn. Good times. Ride report will happen. Here's the MTB Project link, we rode it backwards from the description since locals told us the east fork is the better descent:

https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7006192

Having a Marble Red on the deck of the bar in the lift house of the ski area. I feel like living on the road suites me.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tonight's ride on some local easy trails finished with this view while pedaling back to the car.

Found a dog chilling in one of the major trail intersections, who looked a little lost. Pedalled back to the parking lot and found the owner sitting there calling his name, ear phones still in....dog was over 2km away. Went back down the hill and sat with the pup until the owner came back. Felt bad for then little guy. And she had two other dogs with her...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Holy sweaty shitballs was it muggy out there this evening. Rode quite a bit, came home drenched as if jumped to a lake, now chilling with G&T in hand.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
New to me high alpine ride: check.

Rode Lost Lake Trail near Red River, NM. This is the trail where a Wilderness Boundary was redrawn to give mountain bikes access to an entire loop, and I can say with certainty that it's worth checking out. Super fun trail. Pretty mellow grade, but plenty of roots and rocks and amazing scenery and a high alpine Lake at the top and hail and rain and damn. Good times. Ride report will happen. Here's the MTB Project link, we rode it backwards from the description since locals told us the east fork is the better descent:

https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7006192

Having a Marble Red on the deck of the bar in the lift house of the ski area. I feel like living on the road suites me.

DO YOU NEED A PERSONAL ASSISTANT?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I, uh, ordered a bike this evening.

Santa Cruz 5010 from Golden Bike Shop. They had a sale and I couldn't resist. Crabon frame up the gazoo + X01 but no crabon wheels because I'm no dentist and because the graphics on them would frankly be embarrassing given how slow I am on the ascents.

They will be building it up this week and it should be ready just in time for me to fly to Seattle for a week and a half (without it). :D

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I, uh, ordered a bike this evening.

Santa Cruz 5010 from Golden Bike Shop. They had a sale and I couldn't resist. Crabon frame up the gazoo + X01 but no crabon wheels because I'm no dentist and because the graphics on them would frankly be embarrassing given how slow I am on the ascents.

They will be building it up this week and it should be ready just in time for me to fly to Seattle for a week and a half (without it). :D
Congrats. I hear those are fun bikes and would definitely be on my radar if I could swing two 5" travel trail bikes. My Spitfire obviously rawks, but it's over kill for the Flow-Easy™ trails. I really liked the older 26" version of the 5110, the Blur TR carbon or something like that.

Ride it the Hell out of it !

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ha, that reminds me of a time, before they required bear barrels in the High Peaks district of the Adirondacks, that a bear came rummaging through a bunch of campsites as campers were unpacking their shit. It went from site to site, pulling food out of backpacks and eating only the sweet stuff. When the ranger arrived to shoo it away, he told us that he'd once seen a bear roll into one of the lean-to campsites and found a box of wine. It sat on the edge of the lean-to, tore the corner off the box, and drank the whole thing. Then it wandered away all tipsy and slept for a few hours... I guess the bears like the booze too....