Quantcast

°•○●□■♤♡♢♧zero fucks to give friday gfmt♧♢♡♤■□●○•°

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
doug stanhope ticket secured.

ride ticket for DC show to be secured later in the morning.

EDIT.....make that philly.....DC show sold out in about a minute.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Thank you for the proper, over dramatic and easy to locate GMT.

Now go study up on your Russian state holidays... just in case Trump is the ultimate troll. Which he is but I ain't on e to gossip, so you didnt hear it from me.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Today, just like many other recent days, can go fcuck itself.

In other news, I acquired an affordable condenser mike for my noise making exercises on craigslist. Sounds a bit different than my Tascam.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Coffee in hand. Took the day off. Kids bday is this weekend so we're taking him to a museum today (museum hours on his actual bday don't line up with his schedule. Plus I have accidental extra carry over vacation to use).

Need to start taxes this weekend.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
dammit they just fired the one eye pleasing reason to ever stop by the transit dispatch office...

coffee be brewing, dogs fed. Wife is home from a 12 day business trip so it's date night on the town :banana:

riding tomorrow before the rain hits Saturday though Monday

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
went for a ride last night. was 14°F out. snow was very firm, and post holed in sections making it rideable, but sorta unpleasant. it was possible to break through the crust with your feet however, and then you would sink up to your hip into what amounted to cement. had a few close calls. It was tolerable though. A ride is a ride I guess. I will say this in fat biking's defense: when I went to Sedona in February, it was nice to have bike specific fitness, and even the skills were still sharp...

blah day ahead, then trying to figure out whether to bring the kids to watch Crashed Ice. The races start at 6, so there may be the opportunity to watch a few heats before bedtime.

I will also add that I will no longer complain about the cold. a buddy of mine had to travel to Iqualuit for work. it's -31°F there right now, and windy. They say it feels like -67 with the wind. :eek:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
In the bus from airport parking for a week in SoCal. See you kids in a week (unless I get bored while there).

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Watching two dogs this weekend + our 3 means there are a lot of legs scurrying around the house. 20 of the canine variety to be exact. Kinda hoping they are feeling merciful and let me sleep, one seems to think that if I'm not out of bed at 5:30 per usual that she needs to get me up. Silly dog.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Mornin!

Watching two dogs this weekend + our 3 means there are a lot of legs scurrying around the house. 20 of the canine variety to be exact. Kinda hoping they are feeling merciful and let me sleep, one seems to think that if I'm not out of bed at 5:30 per usual that she needs to get me up. Silly dog.
How is Chewie doing?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its been just about two weeks since I ordered my Giant Revolt. Not sure if bike shop is just f'ing with me or being evil.

Half day in the office today and then afternoon at another building. That'll be a nice break from the regular routine.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
How is Chewie doing?
She's doing great, thanks for asking! She tried to establish herself as the alpha in the house, probably is deaf or hard of hearing, but that damn dog is desperate for our attention. She follows my wife everwhere and goes bonkers if you are at home but she doesn't have access to you. Oh dogs.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Gonna drag my ass up on Teton Pass and go ride while the snow is above waist deep. Totally not interested in riding the fat bike, but I do need to get in shape for our Arizona pedalfest...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

ZFGF for real. Taking the wife out tonight, sort of late birthday sort of deal. Watching Martha Stewart and Snoop Dog the other night featured Snoops uncle Reo and his sauce for the ribs they were cooking. The show itself is actually damn funny, but it made me seriously crave some Reo's ribs and brisket.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Weekend beckons. Wife is going skiing with her mom-friends on Saturday while I watch the kids. On Sunday I head up skiing with Mariko while she watches Yuna.

Perhaps I should take the kids on an excursion on Saturday. Hmm.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Meh. 14lbs of brisket went on the smoker last night at around 9:30. Was expecting a 14 or 15 cook time but when I wandered out this morning to feed the dogs I checked the temp and it was right at 165, so off it came. It's "resting" now. Need to walk the dogs and go for a run, then Imma start making sammiches. :drool:

Friend of ours did a business sponsorship of a fundraiser for the local conservatory. Being spotted tickets to a wine tasting at the Broadmoor tonight because of said sponsorship. Going to go rub elbows with the landed classes and pretend like I know what the fuck I'm talking about when it comes to wine.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Just string random flavors and smells together and you should be set, or read some wine reviews online and then just combine the words and you are set

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
"I'll put my finger wherever I want" is a good out of context quote, too. Not just for sticking it to wine snobs!

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ima have a ribeye with 'taters for lunch. I see a nap in my future as well.
I already had a ribeye with green peas for lunch, and yes, I napped a little afterwards. I had to wake up for a call with a headhunter about a bery interesting opportunity... that likely won't happen, per usual. :hmm:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Its been just about two weeks since I ordered my Giant Revolt. Not sure if bike shop is just f'ing with me or being evil.

Half day in the office today and then afternoon at another building. That'll be a nice break from the regular routine.
They are fucking with you - Giant has one of the best fulfillment chains in the industry.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I didn't want to deal with wireless latency so I got a 25 foot USB cable extension and a lap desk for a fullsize gaming keyboard and mouse.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I don't know why my TV needs a keyboard... the smart WiFi TV I bought for the bedroom came with a mini keyboard. I had intended to use the TV while recover get from surgery but never used it, turns out oxycodone is enoughost entertainment for my simple mind.

In others news I am taking a few days off and plan on perfecting low fat / no sodium butter chicken. Also going to try brown basmati rice to round off the whole idea of eating well. Today will mark my third attempt, I'm going to try it with coconut milk.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
On a side note, for some reason, the pooch goes around the corner and only poops on the side of the house. I'm not complaining, but I hadn't tried to get her to do business in a spot yet, this is just her thing. She also ins't a fan of business on walks, she likes to go at home. Go figure, picky pooper like the wife. :rofl: