Quantcast

°•○●□■♤♡♢♧zero fucks to give nailed to cross day gfmt♧♢♡♤■□●○•°

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Feel like a human again. Rejoice! Praise science and medicine.
Spent yesterday cleaning the garage, washed the car, putting fresh tires on the DHR and tuning up the Sovereign.

No easter brunch with the family, because 1,000 miles, but I wish I was. Have a good day people!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
putting fresh tires on the DHR and tuning up the Sovereign.
What didja put on it? Was always UST DHF's on mine with the Deemax wheels. But trying to decide if I should try HR2's, DHR2's or stick with DHF's on the new DH build.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
What didja put on it? Was always UST DHF's on mine with the Deemax wheels. But trying to decide if I should try HR2's, DHR2's or stick with DHF's on the new DH build.
DHFs.
Didn't have UST and these didn't seal up on taped LB dh rims right away. Non-UST DHFs always set up super easy on 823s.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

My baby girl is 2 years old today.

I am especially fat today thanks to lots of eating out the past few weeks (Florida then mini-vacation). Starting tomorrow my wife is putting us (not the kids, though) on some prescribed diet thing. Lots of quinoa and shit like that, but it should be good for me. 6 weeks of this!

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Four year old up at 430am. She was so excited about Easter. All she knows is toys and chocolate, I taught her about the equinox and the pagan god ostera and the egg hiding bunny. I'm gunna be tired for my ride later.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Woke up yesterday with a back so sore I could barely move. Better today after a day of being horizontal on a heating pad, but no riding for me. Stupid beautiful outside too. Grrr. Mapped out a stupid long ride I'm going to attempt later this spring or summer. Also gonna pack for Moab trip later this week.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Today off as it's part of vacation time. Kids coming over with their sigs, granddaughters coming, egg hunt, made danish kringles ('cuz wife wanted me to, and they weren't at Trader Joe's), still need to shower and walk dogs (or is that to be done in reverse?), then, after the festivities, time to gut the bedroom/closet and get ready to paint to finish off vacation.

Where does the time go????

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

My baby girl is 2 years old today.

I am especially fat today thanks to lots of eating out the past few weeks (Florida then mini-vacation). Starting tomorrow my wife is putting us (not the kids, though) on some prescribed diet thing. Lots of quinoa and shit like that, but it should be good for me. 6 weeks of this!
Diets are a bad idea...though being a doctor, you know this. :D

Fambly ride to Staunton to commence shortly. Bracing myself for the complaining!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Woke up yesterday with a back so sore I could barely move. Better today after a day of being horizontal on a heating pad, but no riding for me. Stupid beautiful outside too. Grrr. Mapped out a stupid long ride I'm going to attempt later this spring or summer. Also gonna pack for Moab trip later this week.
Haven't you been to Moab like 37 times this spring??

Sorry to hear about the back, ya old codger.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Massive exhaustion and depression and nervous bladder. Couldn't bring myself to get to LAX and deal with a week of travel. I decided I'd rather stay in bed than deal with the world. Everything was already paid for, and I still couldn't motivate myself.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Massive exhaustion and depression and nervous bladder. Couldn't bring myself to get to LAX and deal with a week of travel. I decided I'd rather stay in bed than deal with the world. Everything was already paid for, and I still couldn't motivate myself.
Sorry to hear, bud. Hope you'll feel better, soon. Time to make some kick ass music?

Allo. Slow day here. I hope I'll ride a little this evening but I still feel like crap.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
At my inlaws, watching my boy ride his bike up and down the street, waiting for their cousins to arrive.

So far this weekend my boys have managed to hang from, and pull out a towel rack from the drywall, and drop a tumbler in the bathroom sink, piercing a hole in it. I'm not very handy, so this is going to be a pain in the ass to fix, but I'll get er done eventually.

Neighbourood Easter egg hunt went well this morning.

Happy easter everyone.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Kiddo up all night with a fever... all gathering plans for today are cancelled. That'd be a negative followed by a positive, thanks FSM.

Job interview went well, it's going to be a slow process and lots of pondering if I walk away from the multi-generational family business... to grow organic sun grown flowers. Seems like a no-brainer but that's going to be a hard pill to feed the family.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
In other news, heading out later to put the finishing touches on a new bit of trail that is establishing a new public parking area for the Kwac trail system. :banana::banana::banana:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
OK bitches, off to dirt church. Not real long feeling it after too much brunch so I'm taking the Giggle Pig to test the new tires with more than 16psi in them. No races will be won. Sunny and about 50 degrees with 7TH so basically ideal conditioms. :)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Let's remember on this Easter that it's not just Jesus that was raised from the dead. Spock, Gandalf and Obi-Wan also achieved this.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
JoeSS.jpg
3 bloody marys and 3 Old fashions later. I fucking love Jesus. He makes a good roast beef. I am glad he stopped by. His real name is not jesus either.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
More trail work, first black fly bite of the season.
I had intended to do trail work. I however found no work needed to be done. Trails are in fine shape. So I went to the bar instead. Every spring new rocks are exposed in my creek. I go down there and play around in them. I am planning to do that tomorrow. Our bugs will be out soon enough. I try to take advantage of that short period of weather were the bugs takeover. Ramps are coming along nicely. The ginseng is also flourishing. Leaks are all dead because of the last cold/snow wave. Lilly's and Daffodils are popping. I love this time of year. The woods smell all oniony....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I rode Mountain Lion again today, because why not? Still those same four trees down. I'm now 27th overall on the descent through the trees, not bad since I stopped to lift the bike over one of those trees…

I also ate shit big time further down by the creek, on the left side of the creek before the first log bridge. I wasn't even pushing it since there were a fair number of hikers out today. Took a new line in a rock garden, caught the front wheel on a big rock at about 20 mph, and flew OTB onto another rock, narrowly missing a tree. It could have been much worse than a scraped up forearm, mildly scraped knee, and what will be a painful bruise on my thigh so I won't complain.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
chin up fucker.....beat the shit out of your bass for a week...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode this afternoon. Dirt was grand, felt great to find flow over chunk and catch a little air here and there after a long winter again. Snow riding sucks.