Quantcast

°•○sunday gfmt○•°

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Slept like shit. Plumber coming by today. Need to do the test for my CFP class as well.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
We canceled our Christmas break travel plans (flying to/from Seattle) not because of the risk of the flight, per se, but because of the risk that I might need to quarantine after we get back if a contact was confirmed later to be positive. Also non-zero risk of having someone become sick and then being stuck in the wrong part of the country relative to my work...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
House has water, ftw. $1200 later, whole bunch of new pipe and two new ball valves installed on the main line to deal with the failed valves from before.

Did discover that the street key has some issues, so that will be getting repaired by the water district soon.

Did just accidentally discover that the parent's friend of Haley's from preschool has a water clean up company. So we have a call out to them as well.

I did manage to find two untouched boxes of flooring from the main floor up in the garage rafters and have about 50-60 linear feet of flooring for the basement. On not sure if that is enough, but we'll find out soon enough. If not, Wifey will be getting new floors too. We weren't planning on painting or updating the baseboards downstairs to match upstairs for a while, but we might just be getting there unintentionally. Thank FSM for emergency funds.

Now it's a matter of waiting for insurance and calling out for some contractors and getting quotes.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
10.33 mile ride done at my new favorite place. With like a half mile to go, I slipped off a skinny and my pedal smashed my shin. Fucking hell did that hurt. :dead: Now I've got a knot there and a nasty bruise will surely follow. I'll be icing that shortly.

Just housed a plate of the last of the Thanksgiving leftover, but fortunately I still have two slices of chocolate cream pie.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
We canceled our Christmas break travel plans (flying to/from Seattle) not because of the risk of the flight, per se, but because of the risk that I might need to quarantine after we get back if a contact was confirmed later to be positive. Also non-zero risk of having someone become sick and then being stuck in the wrong part of the country relative to my work...
i understand that totally.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Just got back from my 2nd skate ski ever. It's not as bad as I thought. I kind of thought it would be like the road biking of the skiing universe. But it's much better than road biking. A bit more involved in terms of technique and engaging in terms of terrain. Maybe like the cyclocross of skiing?

I'm not really about suffering for pleasure, but I think there's a way finding a middle ground. That said, It sure can be painful if you're racing though, holy jeez.

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Just got back from my 2nd skate ski ever. It's not as bad as I thought. I kind of thought it would be like the road biking of the skiing universe. But it's much better than road biking. A bit more involved in terms of technique and engaging in terms of terrain. Maybe like the cyclocross of skiing?

I'm not really about suffering for pleasure, but I think there's a way finding a middle ground. That said, It sure can be painful if you're racing though, holy jeez.
can you shuttle skate ski?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Went for a 13 mile ride on the gravel bike with studded snows and full fenders...and wondered why I felt slow as molasses out there. First ride in a month...I think it topped out at 18 degrees. And I didn’t ONCE think about adhesive strips of any kind.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
So still more risk than not flying. Got it
less risk than protesting....going to trump super spreader event....dancing in the street over joey shits his pants winning....or going to the innauguration i imagine....

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Buddy came over and set up dehumidifiers. Thinks about 3/4 of the drywall is savable, just needing to be resurfaced. Floors up and downstairs are both toast.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Man I am totally de-stressed. I need to hit the dirt more often. In two hours I saw a dozen humans on foot all wearing masks and no other Mt bikers. It was a good Karma ride too. I was just getting ready to poach a posted no bikes single track when I heard the faint engine noise of a quad so I stayed on the legal trail. ten seconds later a Ranger on a quad came around the corner. I would have still been in sight crossing the meadow at that point. We just waved at each other as we passed on a wide section of the legal trail :dance: