Quantcast

`°`°°St-Patrick's Day GMT~~°~°

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Mornin' monkeys,

I'm posting the GMT thread from work? How is that possible? Did you get mixed up and celebrate St Patrick's day yesterday?

Got my first taste of March break with kids yesterday. Took the day off to spend with the boy, and had a great time. went skiing in the AM, brought the car to the garage, and hung out at the hardware store while it was worked on. Then made roast beef dinner. Good day overall!

Have a merry day.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I somehow left my house today with no belt in my dress pants. Day is ruined. The only option is to go home, right?

Its March/spring break here this week and its absolutely amazing how little traffic there was on the freeway. Still the same amount of lane swapping assholes, though.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning people how goes the day? Looking to be out and about for some rifle shopping. Turns out after all the work of finding and shaping a new stock for the wifeys rifle, we discovered that the chamber itself is damaged. Officially time for her to get a replacement. She is thinking to go with the same rifle I have. Should be fun.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ran twice yesterday covering 13.7 miles. That's 75 miles the past seven days if you're scoring at home. I can handle the miles, but the hard intensity is kicking my ass. But, I'm just following the plan. I've got a half marathon this Saturday that'll be a good fitness test for me.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Welcome to the one day of the year when I am NOT Irish...I will leave it to all of you Plastic Paddys. Enjoy the day, and remember there is more to being Irish then getting feccking wasted and disgracing yourself in the streets.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Going to lovely South Easton Mass this afternoon. Hopefully and the idiotic drunkeness will have died down by the time I get to where I am going.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Earlyish morning, boss in the office all week, but we haven't spoken yet other than hellos.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
If you are so inclined -- please say a prayer for my community/school
Yesterday was one of those days I hope to never have to relive :( Got to school to find out that one of our seniors took his own life. It was awful to have to share the news of his unexpected passing with his friends and classmates and watch them grieve and try to deal. Today is another hard day and I imagine the next days, weeks, months will be difficult. The sock wave will eventually settle but we will never really know why this seemingly happy, VERY well-liked young man made this choice. I know I'll raise a glass of Jameson and say an Irish Prayer this evening to celebrate a life too soon lost.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I promised myself I'm not going to get angry at work but the levels of technical illiteracy I meet are astounding.

My company has paid a few months ago for a reporting tool I was to use to analyze our results with. Unfortunately I wasn't giving the requirements to the company. Instead that was handled by 2 girls who don't even know how to sort in excell (literally) and a guy who does not know how to exit review mode in word. Now I can't sort results by release date becaue "that would mean we would have over 6 columns and it would be a mess". It's nice to work in a company where people can't set up their phones or make an online cinema reservation. Jesus I'm surprised some of the people here don't ride horses to work.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I dragged my desktop Hackintosh setup into work today, in anticipation of clearing out the guest room as it becomes still-in-utero Thing 2's room soon.

FTW: dual 24" 1920 x 1200 monitors, and being able to run OS X at work while on the work VPN.
FTL: different companies' panels (Dell and HP, both IPS) have quite different color calibration, comparing my calibrated one with the uncalibrated one that was bought by my employer. I shall have to drag out the Eye One, I think.

In unrelated news, the home builder we are hoping to work with finally drafted up a letter granting us right of first refusal on a lot for a (refundable if we get cold feet) $10k deposit. I've been asking them for the chance to do this for quite literally months now, so this is a Good Thing.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Don't leave without riding Borderland State Park, and after that, hit 'nam...

With the freezing rain and snow? I'll wait until I get home and suffer through potential sunburn and dehydration. Actually any free time will be absorbed with visiting a few old friends who live in the area.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I did have lunch with a half Irishman and had a Guinness with some meat and potatoes.
I am willing to bet you didn't have to avoid any puddles of Vomit to either get to that pint or afterwards. Or is the case in South Boston in the last decade, clouds of marijuana smoke.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Flight is delayed, shocker. May not make my connection. And people think I am crazy for normally driving long distances. Putting your life and schedule in the hands of morons usually does not work out well. Would have driven this time but going through DC, Baltimore, Philly and NYC usually is not an enjoyable trip.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Flight is delayed, shocker. May not make my connection. And people think I am crazy for normally driving long distances. Putting your life and schedule in the hands of morons usually does not work out well. Would have driven this time but going through DC, Baltimore, Philly and NYC usually is not an enjoyable trip.
Generally speaking, I prefer to drive.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Amateur drinking night round two. Big street party all fucking day and night on Saturday, so hopefully tonight will be tamer.

No bikeys today, too tired. Only rode once in February and already up to six rides this month.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm attending a concert tonight instead of playing, as I got a comp ticket from one of the other trumpet players (cornet, technically, in this brass band). I got here early so marched around the adjacent park for a bit to enjoy the last dregs of the sun.