Quantcast

~~°~ . ~°~~ But why Up! friday ~~°~ . ~°~~

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
any evidence of tampering?
Box was stapled shut, lots of people having similar issues with an associated company on empty beer (The House) with bad product descriptions and orders not being fulfilled correctly as they've seemingly been clearing out stock.

I took the risk because the DT Swiss 350 177 rear hub is discontinued and I wanted a wheelset with it. $360 for something unobtanium is cheap when the hubs alone would have cost more than that.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It's one of those times where the order was a risk, but the reward if correct would be worth it. My concern was that I'd get CL instead of 6-bolt. I didn't think they'd only send one wheel...

See what happens in response to my email and then claim against Paypal/CC if not resolved I guess.
If you paid through PayPal, I don't see how you won't be reimbursed, unless you get that second wheel.

One of the reasons why I like using PP, even if its no where near free now and some of their tactics are shady - like holding onto your money for WEEKS if you don't sell things very often.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Are fat bike rear hubs just disposable or something? Is your current one broken @6thElement?

I've broken one hub and have had problems twice with this Hope hub.

How many hubs has @Jozz gone through, tree fiddy?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Are fat bike rear hubs just disposable or something? Is your current one broken @6thElement?

Lots of OEM builds have rebranded or unbranded 3 pawl Formula hubs. The amount of force that can go through the rear wheel of a fat bike can overcome the 3 pawl hub and explodify them. I think I've made mine skip occasionally on power moves.

DT Swiss 350 star ratchet at 36pt or 18pt engagement are a good quality replacement that can cope with the torque. Or if you're feeling very flush, Onyx, ~$500ish for just the hub.

For some reason DT Swiss discontinued the 177mm rear hub, so they're getting hard to find. 197mm still available, but my bike is 177 rear.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

I'm at half a dozen hubs in the past 5 years. Mostly on le fatbike. Starting to hunt down an affordable DT350 before #7 explodify.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
OMG, so we are going to install 25' flag poles at the park at the veterans memorial for each branch of service flag. We are doing a Space Force flag and I just can't keep a straight face. :rofl:
Then who from the Space Force can we get to raise the flag? Oh man, my side hurts.