Quantcast

{°} sadturday GMT {•}

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Despicable weather - rain, rain showers, sun, heat, humidity, thunderstorms. I am riding with a next door buddy in a few, he's demoing a new trail bike. Gonna be a wet & humid & slippery type of fun.
upload_2018-8-18_10-3-34.png

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its 61 degrees and the sun is nowhere to be found here in Bromont and it rained for part of the night. And most of our gear is still soaked from yesterday. Whys it have to be so cold. :(

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ribeye for dinner last night, another on the grill for breakfast.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Its 61 degrees and the sun is nowhere to be found here in Bromont and it rained for part of the night. And most of our gear is still soaked from yesterday. Whys it have to be so cold. :(
Must be a bromont thing. My only trip there years ago was opening weekend. Saturday it rained and I had one of the scariest lift rides of my life (summer or winter). Lift shut off when I was we were in the middle of a long span, chair moved probably 15-20 feet vertical. Then Sunday they didn't even open because it snowed.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Must be a bromont thing. My only trip there years ago was opening weekend. Saturday it rained and I had one of the scariest lift rides of my life (summer or winter). Lift shut off when I was we were in the middle of a long span, chair moved probably 15-20 feet vertical. Then Sunday they didn't even open because it snowed.
Yeah a trip to Bromont without rain wouldn't be a proper trip.

They've actually taken out the main detachable lifts on the village side and are currently constructing a new gondola. You should see the top of the hill and one of the slopes....they blew them up with dynamite.

Sadly, it looks like the world cup course is gone or overgrown. Will try to see later..

Anyone hungry?

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Shit just got real. Target is blowing out their American Ninja Warrior inventory that was way overpriced. 50% discount to a reasonable price for a slackline bunch of other stuff bringing it down to $50. I haven't seen her this excited about a new 'toy' since @Nick got her skis for Christmas. She's now on the fence about climbing or Ninja Warrioring tomorrow.
IMG_20180818_092032.jpg

For note, the reason she has the Wonder Woman dress is because Jesse Graff wears it while she competes.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Put down 450 miles yesterday and made it to Fairbanks. Another ho-hum border crossing. I keep expecting to get searched one of these times.

Now to formulate our plan for AK.

Happened across the North Pole, AK Blockbuster last night. Sadly it closed earlier this year, one of the last remaining stalwarts.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Shit just got real. Target is blowing out their American Ninja Warrior inventory that was way overpriced. 50% discount to a reasonable price for a slackline bunch of other stuff bringing it down to $50. I haven't seen her this excited about a new 'toy' since @Nick got her skis for Christmas. She's now on the fence about climbing or Ninja Warrioring tomorrow.View attachment 130056

For note, the reason she has the Wonder Woman dress is because Jesse Graff wears it while she competes.
Is this like in store or online?

I bought that same set for my daughter. she ate shit so hard one day. She was hanging upside down on one of the bars and trying to get down, she lost her strength and fell on her shoulders/back and then rolled down a dirt hill. I dont think shes touched it much since. But i do just leave it up in the yard so who knows.

Anyways coffeeshed

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Is this like in store or online?

I bought that same set for my daughter. she ate shit so hard one day. She was hanging upside down on one of the bars and trying to get down, she lost her strength and fell on her shoulders/back and then rolled down a dirt hill. I dont think shes touched it much since. But i do just leave it up in the yard so who knows.

Anyways coffeeshed
In store.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Mornin!

Put down 450 miles yesterday and made it to Fairbanks. Another ho-hum border crossing. I keep expecting to get searched one of these times.

Now to formulate our plan for AK.

Happened across the North Pole, AK Blockbuster last night. Sadly it closed earlier this year, one of the last remaining stalwarts.
Bet you are glad to have a truck camper vs towing a trailer for your grand adventure. I always hated towing anything.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This is my view for the day. Came in hot onto a wood bridge that made a slight left; well let me tell you, myself and the bike continued in a straight line right off of it, thank you to the rain. Bars did a 180, shorts got tangled in my brake lever and I seem to have fucked up my left hand. Something in it is either torn, severely bruised or broke'd. Can't really open my hand flat.

Oh well, least I have beer in the cooler. Fun part was this happened on the back side of the hill. Had to go back up the lift and ride down the green n00b trail...like a n00b under the lift. :busted:

Derp.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
This is my view for the day. Came in hot onto a wood bridge that made a slight left; well let me tell you, myself and the bike continued in a straight line right off of it, thank you to the rain. Bars did a 180, shorts got tangled in my brake lever and I seem to have fucked up my left hand. Something in it is either torn, severely bruised or broke'd. Can't really open my hand flat.

Oh well, least I have beer in the cooler. Fun part was this happened on the back side of the hill. Had to go back up the lift and ride down the green n00b trail...like a n00b under the lift. :busted:

Derp.
Battle scars! Sorry to hear, heal up soon!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Derp.
Oh snap...literally.

Ride fast, take chances.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Two weeks no weight down, two weeks left. Been reading great books, The Rising Tide and Snake Pilot are the two that stand out so far.

Losing my mind though. Bikes ain't getting ridden, nor are trails getting built.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Bet you are glad to have a truck camper vs towing a trailer for your grand adventure. I always hated towing anything.
Like you wouldn’t believe. It’s a bit cozy with 3 dogs, but it’s enough space without being too much space. Highly digging it. And I’m with you, not a fan of towing anything unless it absolutely needs to be towed.

Saw a guy put his travel trailer on 2 (of 4) wheels when he cut a turn too narrow and ran it over a 16” curb. Surprised nothing worse came of it.