Quantcast

*°* Saturday BewareMT*°*

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I was traffic. But am now in the Winter Park garage. Kids are eating breakfast in their seats.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Pretty much the perfect winter day here today. Fresh snow, sunshine, -9°C. The kids' xc ski club started up again, and they enjoyed it. my wife and I skiied together for an hour while they were in practive. it may have been the first time in over a year we've done something together. it was awesome.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Feels like spring here. Sunny and fairly nice temps. As after the big melt of snow the trails are soaked I went on a road/gravel ride. E-MTB rider riding on the road left me in the dust on a short sharp climb, on the flats I caught up to him again. They are "just bikes", he 2.6" tires knobby tires, me 32 mm GP4Seasons but I guess my fitness took a more significant hit over the winter than I had thought. :rolleyes:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Trafficked. Wifey's post-fit boots, while fitting better than before, still don't fit well. Day got called at a half day because she was done skiing. Haley decided to forget her jacket, so we almost had to buy a new coat. I saw her coach as we were heading in and let him know that we were going to be late because we needed to sort out her coat. His daughter is the same age as her and through pure luck, he grabbed an extra coat for her this morning that Haley was able to use.

More flooring going out today. Half of flooring is done and the rolling knee rest that @Adventurous found has upped the pace by double. Hoping to finish this weekend.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hiked up the local mtn with the 11yo this am. his request was to follow no trails. so bushwhacking we went. explored the abandoned mining pits at the top. came home, did some house stuff, then went back out for a short ride. man am i in crappy shape. next month will be less beering, more sleeping, and more riding.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Sitting here, reflecting on the past, wondering if Rokcore ended up having a good life. I miss the little guy.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I worked for 6 hours this morning, came home fell asleep, up now but want to sleep.

I should go ride, warmest day in weeks.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The rental has a mirror shower door. Usually not a big deal, but it's across from the toilet. Not what I want to see during my morning constitution.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
@Pesqueeb youre the local aircraft mechanic right? You think somebody read the exploded diagram wrong? Or forgot the shimz? https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/20/us/united-airlines-flight-returns-debris/index.html

Seriously though, that appears to be the inlet and a cowl door. "Engine failure" indeed. :fie:

Edit: Just saw the tweet posted by @kidwoo. That fucker completely let loose.........Yikes. If it were a warmer time of year I'd think they had swallowed a big bird of some sort. Paperwork from the engine shop has definitely been pulled.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Seriously though, that appears to be the inlet and a cowl door. "Engine failure" indeed. :fie:

Edit: Just saw the tweet posted by @kidwoo. That fucker completely let loose.........Yikes. If it were a warmer time of year I'd think they had swallowed a big bird of some sort. Paperwork from the engine shop has definitely been pulled.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Ooooo..... From last year. Spicy!

The AD is effective as of May 27th 2020. The FAA has also explained that, after the initial USI, this procedure must be repeated within every 100 cycles since the last inspection.
“The FAA considers this AD an interim action. The root cause of the interstage HPT rotor seal failure is still being investigated and the FAA will consider further rulemaking, depending on the results of the investigation”
If the situation is not addressed, it could result in an uncontained interstage HPT rotor seal failure and a release of high-energy debris; damaging the engine and consequentially the aircraft.
Man, 100 cycles is a pretty tight recurring inspection. I bet I know what option united has chosen in this case.

however if the replacement of the interstage HPT rotor seal is needed, the cost will of course be much higher. The FAA estimates that it will take around 100 hours, at a cost of $85 per hour, with each engine costing $8,500 plus a part cost of $540,000, making a total of $548,500.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle