Quantcast

° Tuesday yadseuT °

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
hopefully thehelluride has some color left by next week...
I'd wager, barring some weird weather bullshit, that you should be hitting Telluride pretty well. And as @Nick said - if you're available for a beer/whiskey let us know.

Confirmed: https://www.telluride.com/plan/webcams-gallery/ - still a shitload of green trees even up at the mountain village. You'll be hitting prime-time down there. :thumb:

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
glorious weather right now. i think i might come down with a case of the fuckits and go riding this afternoon.
you ever hit up cherry springs state park to star watch?

on my list of places to go...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
you ever hit up cherry springs state park to star watch?
Man... on the topic of star watching... went camping a couple weekends ago up near Yampa, CO and the fucking Milky Way was visible by 8:30pm - even before the waning light from sunset had completely dissipated.

Unbelievable. Shit - it was tough picking out the Little Dipper because there were so many stars visible. It was breathtaking...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Man... on the topic of star watching... went camping a couple weekends ago up near Yampa, CO and the fucking Milky Way was visible by 8:30pm - even before the waning light from sunset had completely dissipated.

Unbelievable. Shit - it was tough picking out the Little Dipper because there were so many stars visible. It was breathtaking...
the 2 best spots i've been to for stargazing are baxter state park and saddle between mauna kea and mauna loa

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Back in Denmark?
did you move again, or did you buy a villa in Tuscany?
No, we have been in Denmark for 3 years now. I did not do much mtb the first two years but really getting into the it again. Tuscany is nice but I would rather have a place in the alps for some DH fun time.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Back to work today. Wifey is having a small procedure done today, so work starts at 1. Doing CFP study on a patio table outside of the surgery center currently.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Well UPS is par for course. :mad:

Vorsprung Smashpot was supposed to arrive today.

UPS e-mail message says I have a package that will arrive today.
Ya I know, I got your original message and have been following your slow assed tracking for the last week and I have been waiting near the door all day.

Updated e-mail message says -Sorry we missed you.
Nope, nobody has been here, no knock, no doorbell - nothing.

Next update e-mail says - Due to operating conditions your package may be delayed.
Now I just got a new message saying that I have a package that will arrive tomorrow. :banghead:

Tomorrow - probably...

1600798003950.png

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well UPS is par for course. :mad:

Vorsprung Smashpot was supposed to arrive today.

UPS e-mail message says I have a package that will arrive today.
Ya I know, I got your original message and have been following your slow assed tracking for the last week and I have been waiting near the door all day.

Updated e-mail message says -Sorry we missed you.
Nope, nobody has been here, no knock, no doorbell - nothing.

Next update e-mail says - Due to operating conditions your package may be delayed.
Now I just got a new message saying that I have a package that will arrive tomorrow. :banghead:

Tomorrow - probably...

View attachment 149997
My stuff just gets left at my front door, no matter what it is.

Or on the chair at the front door.

Or the lawn, even, for one Amazon delivery.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
So I discovered yesterday that the rebound circuit on my Fox DPX2 "Performance" shock was no longer functional. I cursed Fox a lot for awhile.

Figured I'd start from square one - let all the air out and then reset to my weight. Now the rebound circuit seems to be functional again. WTF? Burning question is how did it get fucked to start with? Square-edged rawks?

And then some asshole recommended I look at the Mara Pro... now I'm going down that rabbit hole. :rant:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So I discovered yesterday that the rebound circuit on my Fox DPX2 "Performance" shock was no longer functional. I cursed Fox a lot for awhile.

Figured I'd start from square one - let all the air out and then reset to my weight. Now the rebound circuit seems to be functional again. WTF? Burning question is how did it get fucked to start with? Square-edged rawks?

And then some asshole recommended I look at the Mara Pro... now I'm going down that rabbit hole. :rant:
You tried it now!

Its fixed, don't breath on it or look at it with any funny faces.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

why do you think i fuck with lookouts

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Fucked off work to ride, got almost 9 miles in and had my first proper mechanical in some time. Chain somehow jammed itself behind the cassette during a climb. Only casualty thus far seems to be a single broken spoke.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I think I'll be that guy who rides burly trails with a lightweight FF helmet. The TLD Stage seems to be a good fit for this application.
Many riders out here have started using those convertible helmets, like the Bell Super. Faceguard stuffs in your pack until you need it. I would never want to climb while wearing a full face.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Many riders out here have started using those convertible helmets, like the Bell Super. Faceguard stuffs in your pack until you need it. I would never want to climb while wearing a full face.
It's all fun and games until you finish a ride with your front teeth in the pocket. The Stage is lighter and more airy than the convertible helmets.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Copy of pic?
and

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fuck.. end of shift. I stop at a gas station to fill up for tomorrow. Starter motor takes a shit. Tow company is slammed, I'm blocking the gas pump. They swing by and pull it on to the street. Drop it there. They will be back in 2 hours to tow it to our shop 25 miles away. At least I was only 5 miles from home so Ruth came and got me. I will have to go meet the tow guys later and pick u a spare van from work.. should be between 8 and 9 pm. My first run is at 0430 tomorrow :banghead: :banghead: