Quantcast

°0o Vengeday GMT o0°

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My cousin had a Celica back in the late 80's... I think it was her 1st new car she'd purchased herself - she didn't even KNOW that you were supposed to change the oil/do maintenance. Drove it 100K miles and it got totaled by an elk. I'm pretty sure she never even CHECKED the oil. :D
"what's oil?"

at least she knew to put gas in it, and not deisel

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i definitely would let my taco go as much as 10k between oil changes
If running synthetic then that's probably just fine. Probably pushing it with straight dino-juice. I find it cheaper and less hassle to change the oil (these days have it changed for me) vs sending out oil for analysis.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, Moab was excellent, but holy shit was it BUSY! (Utah state holiday weekend)
Mostly amazing riding with the kiddo (Klonzo trails, Klondike trails, Bar M trails).
Had one short hammerfest on Klozo (Gravitron is sure a bunch of fun)
Couldn't do a TWE, but did a Mag 7/Blue Dot/Portal as a consolation prize.
Took Ben on an 8 mile ride, which is more than he has ever done, that was great.
Wife's birthday on Saturday, the campers next to us brought really huge fireworks, which went off while we were singing happy Birthday.
Perfect outing.

And yes, I know his new helmet doesn't fit! He snaked my Smith for most of the time...

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I've tried to call CC about my ailing shock but their lines are busy and voice mailbox is full. I hope they have the capacity to go through their email before the shock warranty expires in January. :twitch:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
sooo... my new commuter finally came in: win!

but my group ride tonight has been whittled down to just me. :thumbsdown: It's supposed to be cold tonight, but wet/snowy/cold tomorrow, the "regular" bike night. I'll see how I'm feeling tonight, and how the wife is doing too... she wasn't feeling great this morning so ditching her with the kids might not be the best idea right now.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
not always an option, esp where you get a lot of freeze thaw.
If you can be flexible or ride days, I bet there's not a lot of temps a fat bike can't handle. Unless you live somewhere that gets lots and lots of deep powder snow. Then... yeah, get skis and skins and still play outside!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If you can be flexible or ride days, I bet there's not a lot of temps a fat bike can't handle. Unless you live somewhere that gets lots and lots of deep powder snow. Then... yeah, get skis and skins and still play outside!
it's trail damage that's the issue, not whether or not the bike can handle it.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
wtffffffff 14 weeks vacation? that's insane! who do you work for / what do you do? our company tops out at 6 weeks vacation, but there are other forms of PTO that aren't just vacation.
The math... 1 week of carry over from 2015 plus 6 weeks, 4 paid holidays, and 6 MTO days plus a one time deposit of up to 80 hours to compensate for the loss of payout due to converting to a rolling bank system based on a fiscal calendar versus the formers calendar year. That equals somewhere between 9 and 11 weeks available from 2016 depending on my top off in January. Then its back to 6 weeks plus 4 days for 2017. The 6 MTO days are eliminated effective February 2017.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The math... 1 week of carry over from 2015 plus 6 weeks, 4 paid holidays, and 6 MTO days plus a one time deposit of up to 80 hours to compensate for the loss of payout due to converting to a rolling bank system based on a fiscal calendar versus the formers calendar year. That equals somewhere between 9 and 11 weeks available from 2016 depending on my top off in January. Then its back to 6 weeks plus 4 days for 2017. The 6 MTO days are eliminated effective February 2017.
Basically,

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
for us it's vaca time (6 wks max, i'm currently at 3), we get 9 paid holidays, 3 personal holidays (floating), 2 weeks sick / family. there's other forms of leave (bereavement, usually 3 days per death, up to 5 for extenuating circumstances), parental leave (8 weeks, have 1 year to use from date of birth/adoption). and some other stuff that's circumstance specific.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
MTO is sick leave?
We call it My Time Off, formerly Personal Days. Sick leave is IRT or Illness Recovery Time covered by a 3rd party insurer.
for us it's vaca time (6 wks max, i'm currently at 3), we get 9 paid holidays, 3 personal holidays (floating), 2 weeks sick / family. there's other forms of leave (bereavement, usually 3 days per death, up to 5 for extenuating circumstances), parental leave (8 weeks, have 1 year to use from date of birth/adoption). and some other stuff that's circumstance specific.
We also have bereavement & birth / adoption, what changes for California, Montana and one state is the elimination of the year end payout and MTO days. Illness over 7 days is covered by disability insurance.
Basically,
Being on leave when the new program rolled out was very good to me, except for the bypass thingy.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Some of you all get a lot of vacation. 6 weeks!

I get 23 days vacation, 15 days sick, 20 professional days to use for conferences that are often in nice places. All Federal holidays off + extra week (so 4-5 workdays) off over the holidays. If one considers my conferences a vacation, which they are in part, then I guess I'm up there, too. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I get 23 days vacation, 15 days sick, 20 professional days to use for conferences that are often in nice places. All Federal holidays off + extra week (so 4-5 workdays) off over the holidays. If one considers my conferences a vacation, which they are in part, then I guess I'm up there, too. :D
6 weeks is the max from my company. i currently get half that.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

I get 6 weeks to start with, but it includes company holidays. So it is more like 4 weeks to start, but it sounds good. So we take PTO for company holidays, it is weird.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Currently I get 3 weeks per year, 9 company holidays, 1 floating holiday, and unlimited sick time. No WFH option though at the moment as people are big on "face time". :rolleyes:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I'd love to work from home. It'd be very feasible technically, too: as long as I read, say, 25 studies and wasn't on conference duty that day I could stay in my pajamas.

Being part of a teaching hospital kind of puts a damper on that idea, though, as I need to go over studies that residents and fellows send me, and that's best done in person. Hmph. More reason to go to private practice down the road. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I'd love to work from home. It'd be very feasible technically, too: as long as I read, say, 25 studies and wasn't on conference duty that day I could stay in my pajamas.

Being part of a teaching hospital kind of puts a damper on that idea, though, as I need to go over studies that residents and fellows send me, and that's best done in person. Hmph. More reason to go to private practice down the road. :D
When you go into private practice, for the love of teh FSM, make sure it's on the west side. :disgust1:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
7.5 weeks total of PTO+holidays.
Many hundreds of hours of grandfathered sick time, so I never have to use my PTO for sick.
WFH 3 weeks a month.
???
Profit

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I guess that counts. Although in Seattle, shouldn't you try to be on the *east* side?
I'd probably make the same mistake choice and live in Seattle proper. :D I do love me some Thai restaurants, and Seattle > East side for that. Who knows, though, maybe housing prices would drive me to Issaquah.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i'll play the time off game. not bothering to track down employee handbook for acutal numbers...
flexible schedule (can work from home/at odd hours as long as i'm around for meetings, events, etc.). 4 weeks vacation, bunch of holidays (9?) + 2 floating. some personal days (6?). eleven billionty sick hours. they accrue. i can only carry over 1 week of vacation.
HOWEVER, I approve all of my own time off, so, like, whateverrrrrrr

Last edited:

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Oh yea. The was no fiasco. I didn't go to MDH because it didn't sound like my bag when it finally rolled around.
A top notch beer exchange with 38 kinds of beer, access to some premium east coast gems like Heady, Trillium and the great resiny stuff that @TreeSaw brought; excellent cooking by @Montana rider and @TreeSaw and the finest group of Monkeys in North Dakota evah AND IT DID NOT SOUND LIKE YOUR BAG?

:ban:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
A top notch beer exchange with 38 kinds of beer, access to some premium east coast gems like Heady, Trillium and the great resiny stuff that @TreeSaw brought; excellent cooking by @Montana rider and @TreeSaw and the finest group of Monkeys in North Dakota evah AND IT DID NOT SOUND LIKE YOUR BAG?

sounds like you convieniently forgot about the "slogging through miles of cow shit with your bros" part. NTTAWWT :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

DUde... I gotta say. Cow-shit-filled singletrack minus the mountains... you coulda gone and done the Kokopelli and at least had TWE as a "finish"...

:D