Quantcast

µµµµµµ >>> ƒƒƒƒƒƒƒriday GTM >>> ∆∆∆∆∆

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Back on the laptop so that means closer to going back to work after 3 amazing weeks of vacation. Only mistake was not to bring the road bike but will do that next year as I know more about the parking situation around Euro land and of all the amazing riding. Road the road bike yesterday which was nice and the weather was great got to burn off the vacation fat. May try to actually ride the mtb again as the doctor has said its okay.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey man! Got 21.5 miles on the MTB done yesterday in monkeyfestland. Slept like shit in our rental cabin last night...the heat was on all night, set to 77. Figured that out this morning. Jesus Fuck.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Could use a muscle relaxer right about now, got a wicked stiff neck that's persisted for a few weeks. Thinking it's bed/pillow related, but nothing has changed in that realm for a few years, so I don't know why it's giving me trouble now.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
:wave:

Could use a muscle relaxer right about now, got a wicked stiff neck that's persisted for a few weeks. Thinking it's bed/pillow related, but nothing has changed in that realm for a few years, so I don't know why it's giving me trouble now.
Insufficient bicycle riding can lead to that.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Going to the river today.

Parent's house is quite nice. Only 1900sqft, but single floor, large common area with kitchen/dining/living room. I actually like it quite a bit more than a lot of aspects of our house, largely the single floor. This place with a functional basement, additional office, and bedroom, and I'd gladly take it. Guess I just prefer the ranch...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MyPillow already on order.

JK. Oddly it feels like the opposite problem. Pillow is too lofty for my current self.

If that was the case, I would have melted away into a boneless pudding person by now. Things are dire.
I believe that is called getting old

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
ahh just saw the perfect Karmic bitch slap
Lexus crossed the double yellow line to pass a line of cars. coming towards me. I had to swerve to the right to stay clear of him. He didn't see the Livermore Police motorcycle behind me sitting where the median started up. He got lit up big time. so satisfying to see him get pulled over in my mirror
:neo:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:rofl:

They have 5 people living there? :D
Normally 2. And yes, excessively large for two people. But they intentionally did it since there are no hotels within 20min of their home and those are shit holes. Did it so that family would have place to stay.

Talking with Wifey and just adding an extra office, bedroom, and 3rd car to the garage and it would be perfect. She actually agrees, just higher finishes vs. low-end builder's grade. If Casa Stoney ever burns down, rebuilt would definitely be 1-story with basement.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Hey, man - insurance execs don't afford private jets by just paying out every claim! :disgust:
They are actually giving me a very good price for the Toaster. But it has been a pain in the ass with their disorganization. Every step has been a cluster fuck. Their Agent of Slack told me that it was going to be repaired and I had nothing to worry about. Three weeks into it, I get an email telling me the car is totaled. The rental was originally only good for 30 days which left hardly enough time to find a suitable replacement vehicle. So because of them, I will be without a car until my new Toyota RAV4 gets to the dealer. Hopefully they are not jerking my chain with an August 17th delivery date. But unlike the vast majority of dealers that I have talked to, they seem to be the most up front.

And looking for a good used car is right now is pretty much foolish with the prices they are getting simply because the car lots are empty. No new cars to pick from so used are actually more expensive than buying new. What in the actual fuck ?

Now every time I see a deer I get nervous. Between the parking lot, trail and drive home from my last hike I must have seen at least three dozen of them.

Hopefully this will all work out soon enough. Gah...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
IMBA ain't got hold of it yet??
gNope.

Top o' Fooses is being rerouted though. I have mixed feelers on it. On the one hand, that steep and loose as entrance is challenging and fun (ish) and keeps (some of the) the squids off that trail. On the other, it's very clearly just a massive trench of erosion that isn't even in the same zip code as maintainable, much less sustainable. And it ends in a pretty boggy section, which is also being routed around. So, good and bad.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
gNope.

Top o' Fooses is being rerouted though. I have mixed feelers on it. On the one hand, that steep and loose as entrance is challenging and fun (ish) and keeps (some of the) the squids off that trail. On the other, it's very clearly just a massive trench of erosion that isn't even in the same zip code as maintainable, much less sustainable. And it ends in a pretty boggy section, which is also being routed around. So, good and bad.
Yeah - all the Sanitation Lamentations© aside, I'm fine with that work being done - as you said, it was a pile of shit section of trail that was challenging and fun, but jeezus, what a mess.