Quantcast

µµµµµµ >>> ƒƒƒƒƒƒƒriday GTM >>> ∆∆∆∆∆

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
gNope.

Top o' Fooses is being rerouted though. I have mixed feelers on it. On the one hand, that steep and loose as entrance is challenging and fun (ish) and keeps (some of the) the squids off that trail. On the other, it's very clearly just a massive trench of erosion that isn't even in the same zip code as maintainable, much less sustainable. And it ends in a pretty boggy section, which is also being routed around. So, good and bad.
mmmmm....massive trench of erosion is my favorite kind of trail.

sorry @jonKranked - i'm sure you gave kitteh a great life.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Big day last night. My youngest rode his bike by himself. He was doing ok with a little push and was able to pedal and stop, but he couldn't start. It finally clicked yesterday and he was able to get going, ride and stop. Pretty excited to be able to take both kids out for rides now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Big day last night. My youngest rode his bike by himself. He was doing ok with a little push and was able to pedal and stop, but he couldn't start. It finally clicked yesterday and he was able to get going, ride and stop. Pretty excited to be able to take both kids out for rides now.
saw the video on fb. how old is he again?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
saw the video on fb. how old is he again?
He just turned 6. My oldest picked it up super quick with the Strider. He was super stubborn about wanting to ride the strider. I think it was not being able to keep up with his brother. It got to a point he out grew. I was basically forced to put training wheels on that red Spawn and that got him riding but really hindered him learning the balance part. But he got the pedaling down and then I just took off the training wheels and have been making him go out every day for 5-10 min and basically holding him up while he pedals and learns balance. He got decent enough at the balancing with a push, but had a hard time starting on his own. Now he can do that pretty reliably. Now the big thing to work on is better balance and narrowing his wandering. He has a hard time on anything sidewalk size.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Stopped at Bayview bike shop to acquire a water bottle because somehow I spaced grabbing one before we left. Donut shop next door gave me 8 donuts cause the end of the day.

yeah who cares

when erosion gets really bad all the people who bitch about it just try to get it designated it a wild and scenic river and kick everyone else out. They like that shit.
God damn it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
yeah who cares

when erosion gets really bad all the people who bitch about it just try to get it designated it a wild and scenic river and kick everyone else out. They like that shit.
and/or use it as an excuse to bring in official trail groups, decommission, and build new sidehill flowy shit instead. assholes.