Quantcast

¶§°Thursday gmt°§¶

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I understand that it's raining. And that your little f****** precious is precious. But when you drive like conservative a****** you make things more dangerous. Learn to f****** drive.

God I f****** hate people. One woman coming out of my neighborhood going to the same school as Haley missed every light because she wouldn't merge properly in the traffic. It cost me 10 minutes this morning.

And to add insult to injury, miss safety mom didn't even have her headlights on.

License plate? Texas

Come drive up here in Asia* country. It'll change your view on timid drivers, asshole SUVs and obnoxious work vans.

*no offence intended, but y'all do suck at driving.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Come drive up here in Asia* country. It'll change your view on timid drivers, asshole SUVs and obnoxious work vans.

FOB Chinese aren't representative of Asians at large. Who invented do-ri-fu-to after all*?

* the answer is Stoney, when he did 400 whp powerslides in his old Forester. He's secretly Asian.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

I lived in SF for years. Driving in a city is VERY different than in the burbs. That being said, driving like a ibtch anywhere, makes you an a$$hole.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
FOB Chinese aren't representative of Asians at large. Who invented do-ri-fu-to after all*?

* the answer is Stoney, when he did 400 whp powerslides in his old Forester. He's secretly Asian.
275 wph. It's the M that's pushing 400whp, but closer to 375.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Its not even the Chinese folk. Go South East more...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm pretty sure that O Fortuna is my favorite piece of music ever. I've been listening to a lot of symphony while studying and it (in any variation) makes for a very happy monkey.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Came home yesterday. We are all too sunburned to do anything fun down in Mexico, and flights were wide open so we said fuck it and came home. I'm by far the worst burned because #ginger. 2nd degree burn across both my shoulders and upper back. In my entire soulless history of sunburns, this is the worst. Stepping off the plane in the rain and 40 degree temps was like an ice pack for my entire upper body. It was glorious.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Came home yesterday. We are all too sunburned to do anything fun down in Mexico, and flights were wide open so we said fuck it and came home. I'm by far the worst burned because #ginger. 2nd degree burn across both my shoulders and upper back. In my entire soulless history of sunburns, this is the worst. Stepping off the plane in the rain and 40 degree temps was like an ice pack for my entire upper body. It was glorious.
saw the pictures. brutal.

i'm thinking its time the ///Monkey collective pooled some money and bought you a few sun shirts.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I meant South West, towards India. :imstupid:
My problem with driving in Toronto is the general Fuck off attitude everyone has towards each other. Not as bad as Boston or Brooklyn. General disdain for traffic control devices and a wholesale disregard for Physics. Cars are no match for trolleys and stupid crap like that. Downtown Vans just stop in front of you to discharge passengers and you can do nothing but wait. Folks in the Suburbs are way to aggressive for the environs. I avoid driving near most schools because parents picking up Kids lose there minds for some reason. When I leave TO I feel like a weight has been lifted off me as I pass Burlington. Like passing Framingham on the mass pike...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Dude. SPF 60. Paste yourself every hour. None of that spray on isht.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
saw the pictures. brutal.

i'm thinking its time the ///Monkey collective pooled some money and bought you a few sun shirts.
What kills me, is that I really went out of my way to make sure I was putting that stupid sun screen on regularly. I put it on at least 3 times during the day. Even when I lived on the central coast and was in the water all the damn time, I never used that much sun screen, and I never wore a shirt.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
What kills me, is that I really went out of my way to make sure I was putting that stupid sun screen on regularly. I put it on at least 3 times during the day. Even when I lived on the central coast and was in the water all the damn time, I never used that much sun screen, and I never wore a shirt.
TRY IT NOW!

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Today I'm going to make a presentation for one of the residents since I don't trust him or most people to make one that doesn't suck
And here's my work: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2WDoaJQHlYIVGU1a3puODlZVWc/view?usp=sharing

This one will be much more comprehensible than the MR angiography one. :D Legend for the peanut gallery:

- Incidentaloma is radiologist slang for incidental findings
- IRB is institutional review board
- NLST is National Lung Screening Trial
- Lung-RADS is a reporting system for lung cancer screening CTs that stratifies risk and assigns followup based off of the stratum
- PACS is the computer system we use to read and store images
- Primordial is another program that does query of reports among many other things
- EPIC is our electronic medical record that has notes and results of all kinds
- Fleischner is a society that publishes consensus recommendations for lung nodule followup
- slide 9 is visually confusing, I admit, but I don't know how to make it clearer: each nodule is on y-axis, and if the radiologist recommended followup there's an orange bar; if the application/guidelines recommended followup a blue bar; grey if followup was actually performed. The point of this slide is that the subsets of nodules that each group called out are disjoint
- key point in slide 10 is that Fleischner, supposedly for the general populace, recommends followup more often than NLST guidelines, which by definition of NLST inclusion criteria are for the highest risk subgroup (this means Fleischner is too aggressive)
- slide 11 is notable because the application always says "follow this" or "ignore this", as opposed to radiologists who often say nothing either way, which is not useful in my opinion

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I guess one way to visualize slide 9 would be via Venn diagram… I will look into this.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Debating trying to convince Wifey to let me sign up for an Auto-X on 11/1. She said no tracking the car, but this isn't a track; it's a runway. Hmm...