Quantcast

¶§°Thursday gmt°§¶

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Being the only person in the office now, I have to answer questions fromt he buyer and seller's lawyers, their respective brokers, all the big wigs within each company, set up the office for new staff, close out everything from cell phones to panty liners for all staff, transferring accounts where neccessary, and so much more. Needless to say, I'm handling it like a bad ass. Look new company, you have no idea how ready I am for that promotion. You want me to prove I am worthy? Just look around.

That felt gooooood :)

I understand that it's raining. And that your little f****** precious is precious. But when you drive like conservative a****** you make things more dangerous. Learn to f****** drive.

God I f****** hate people. One woman coming out of my neighborhood going to the same school as Haley missed every light because she wouldn't merge properly in the traffic. It cost me 10 minutes this morning.

And to add insult to injury, miss safety mom didn't even have her headlights on.

License plate? Texas
I also almost got hit on the way to work. Lady blew through a stop sign to turn left into me, right in front of the elementary school. Good thing my horn works, she didn't see me until she was a foot away from my driver door when I hit the horn. Stay class Renton.

I understand that it's raining. And that your little f****** precious is precious. But when you drive like conservative a****** you make things more dangerous. Learn to f****** drive.

God I f****** hate people. One woman coming out of my neighborhood going to the same school as Haley missed every light because she wouldn't merge properly in the traffic. It cost me 10 minutes this morning.

And to add insult to injury, miss safety mom didn't even have her headlights on.

License plate? Texas
The war of the suburban breeders.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
When crossing I495, do you slow down and go 5-10mph below the speed limit, preferably in the left lane, to match the driving habits of the locals?
I have never been able to figure that out? They do the same thing at I84 in Sturbridge, and the 291, 391, and 91 junctions in Springfield. Old folks from Connecticut usually....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I also almost got hit on the way to work. Lady blew through a stop sign to turn left into me, right in front of the elementary school. Good thing my horn works, she didn't see me until she was a foot away from my driver door when I hit the horn. Stay class Renton.
This is why I have dashcams for both of the cars. Idiots abound.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Being the only person in the office now, I have to answer questions fromt he buyer and seller's lawyers, their respective brokers, all the big wigs within each company, set up the office for new staff, close out everything from cell phones to panty liners for all staff, transferring accounts where neccessary, and so much more. Needless to say, I'm handling it like a bad ass. Look new company, you have no idea how ready I am for that promotion. You want me to prove I am worthy? Just look around.

That felt gooooood :)
Step 1: make yourself irreplaceable
Step 2: announce you are leaving
Step 3: profit
Step 4: wait 12 months, repeat Step 2

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I guess one way to visualize slide 9 would be via Venn diagram… I will look into this.
Venn diagrams didn't really sum up the data. This works and is worlds less ugly, though:

[/img]

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I thought rear facing cameras would be useless unless mounted on the exterior of the car, and I didn't want to have a long cable run to manage.

I have one of these in each car: Matego/Eyoyo MG380G. It has a good review on Dashcamtalk. Each has a 32 GB SDHC card in it.

Example video from my Vail parking lot incident:

Does it start upon turn on of the car, or do you have to turn it on?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My problem with driving in Toronto is the general Fuck off attitude everyone has towards each other. Not as bad as Boston or Brooklyn. General disdain for traffic control devices and a wholesale disregard for Physics. Cars are no match for trolleys and stupid crap like that. Downtown Vans just stop in front of you to discharge passengers and you can do nothing but wait. Folks in the Suburbs are way to aggressive for the environs. I avoid driving near most schools because parents picking up Kids lose there minds for some reason. When I leave TO I feel like a weight has been lifted off me as I pass Burlington. Like passing Framingham on the mass pike...
EXACTLY.

This is why I just camp in the slow lane the entire way to work.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
EXACTLY.

This is why I just camp in the slow lane the entire way to work.
Knowing the existence of a dedicated lane for going slow must confuse all the other folks on the road behind you. Kind of like the surprise when the car in front of you actually uses their turn signals to change lanes or turn.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Long shot interview in Seattle on Monday was a success. I received a call that I will be getting an offer. I have an inside mole that provided me with salary statistics. Lowest paid person in my role is paid 40% more than what I currently make. Average salary is 60% higher. No guarantee I will got offered anything in that range, but it is likely. The job would have the same levels of bullshit that I am dealing with now, perhaps more. But if you are going to hate what you are doing, might as well get paid well and retire early.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Does it start upon turn on of the car, or do you have to turn it on?
Totally automatic. I have the power cord hidden under the dash, running along the A-pillar trim, then popping down by the sun visor. Turn the car on and it records on a loop. Turn it off and it stops. Anything that requires one to hit a button is going to be a system that is never used.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
:wave:

Came home yesterday. We are all too sunburned to do anything fun down in Mexico, and flights were wide open so we said fuck it and came home. I'm by far the worst burned because #ginger. 2nd degree burn across both my shoulders and upper back. In my entire soulless history of sunburns, this is the worst. Stepping off the plane in the rain and 40 degree temps was like an ice pack for my entire upper body. It was glorious.
As a fellow pasty person, I feel your pain. Try putting white vinegar on it. You'll stink, but you won't feel like you're on fire. Worked for me as a kid when we went to the beach for vacation. No wonder I prefer the mountains.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Long shot interview in Seattle on Monday was a success. I received a call that I will be getting an offer. I have an inside mole that provided me with salary statistics. Lowest paid person in my role is paid 40% more than what I currently make. Average salary is 60% higher. No guarantee I will got offered anything in that range, but it is likely. The job would have the same levels of bullshit that I am dealing with now, perhaps more. But if you are going to hate what you are doing, might as well get paid well and retire early.
Good luck! and yea, that's what I've determined too.
hehehe... doing some trail maintenance today and met someone who found and rides a short segment I have been building for maybe five years - they named it Intimidator.
That's the route I'm headed too. JBP, what route did you take? I'm pretty sure we all want your retirement!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I thought rear facing cameras would be useless unless mounted on the exterior of the car, and I didn't want to have a long cable run to manage.

I have one of these in each car: Matego/Eyoyo MG380G. It has a good review on Dashcamtalk. Each has a 32 GB SDHC card in it.

Example video from my Vail parking lot incident:

That's very handy. How did that work out with insurance? Or was there no challenge from the other driver?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Didn't chase salary. Chased work that felt satisfying, that actually accomplished something. Wasn't always successful, but was more often than not.
i've got a bit of both going on. reasonable salary, i like the work i do (for the most part) and can tolerate the people i work with (for the most part). but i work with some people who i outright question how they have enough cognitive functionality to maintain basic life functions. even more astounding is how they haven't gotten themselves fired.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
i've got a bit of both going on. reasonable salary, i like the work i do (for the most part) and can tolerate the people i work with (for the most part). but i work with some people who i outright question how they have enough cognitive functionality to maintain basic life functions. even more astounding is how they haven't gotten themselves fired.
:stupid:

The accelerated pace at which we are paying our mortgage will also hopefully lead to an earlier retirement as well. I still have to put in 12 more years though if I want to leave the airline with flight benefits intact.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
That's very handy. How did that work out with insurance? Or was there no challenge from the other driver?
I didn't realize that my fender got crunched a bit behind the passenger front tire. If I had I'd have pursued it through his insurance. As it was I thought I only had a scuff on the bumper cover whereas he had easily a few thousand in damage to the front of his rental car. I elected to not exchange information and drive off, which probably was stupid in retrospect but made sense to me at the time.

At least this way there's no question he'll go after me after the fact, since he doesn't know who I am. (I guess he could find the Youtube video but that's unlikely.)

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I didn't realize that my fender got crunched a bit behind the passenger front tire. If I had I'd have pursued it through his insurance. As it was I thought I only had a scuff on the bumper cover whereas he had easily a few thousand in damage to the front of his rental car. I elected to not exchange information and drive off, which probably was stupid in retrospect but made sense to me at the time.

At least this way there's no question he'll go after me after the fact, since he doesn't know who I am. (I guess he could find the Youtube video but that's unlikely.)
That's really dumb on his part. I think I will get a pair once I get my car running again.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yup... once kids finish HS we should be about done with the mortgage... then we dump the house, use whatever leftover equity we have to pad the retirement and get a little place somewhere quiet. And mountain-y.
Main floor master and no/miminal stairs to get inside.Will make life much, much easier when your a$$ is old.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Knowing the existence of a dedicated lane for going slow must confuse all the other folks on the road behind you. Kind of like the surprise when the car in front of you actually uses their turn signals to change lanes or turn.
Not to rehash this or anything...okay yeah lets rehash this. Mmmmm hash.

I was coming home tonight through my neighborhood, doing the speed limit. Some dude in a Honda Civic blew through a stop sign, right in front of me. So of course, now I'm on this guys ass because he comes out of no where and cuts me off. So what does he do, after his already blatant illegal and dangerous maneuver? The guy brake checks me!

UGH! I'm feeling a bit of @stoney rage coming on here. If only buddy had stopped....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Not to rehash this or anything...okay yeah lets rehash this. Mmmmm hash.

I was coming home tonight through my neighborhood, doing the speed limit. Some dude in a Honda Civic blew through a stop sign, right in front of me. So of course, now I'm on this guys ass because he comes out of no where and cuts me off. So what does he do, after his already blatant illegal and dangerous maneuver? The guy brake checks me!

UGH! I'm feeling a bit of @stoney rage coming on here. If only buddy had stopped....

Ride your Bike Moar!