Quantcast

$$¶©%Shaturday£¢€¥

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
here. fatbike assembled. trails are ice rinks. first ride will have to wait.

going to go flag a 500m trail bypass.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
spent about 300 bucks in covid relief records....shipping is a bitch...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
here. fatbike assembled. trails are ice rinks. first ride will have to wait.

going to go flag a 500m trail bypass.
Photos required kthx.

Legs feel cooked after yesterdays 29 mile ride, Garmin said I needed to wait 4 days before riding again.

So I'll go and see if I can ride even further today.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Found a guy who makes steel frames in his garage and who also owns a bike shop - dude took me in at 9am, fixed the threads on the frame then opened his shop early to sell a new BB.

11/10 will return. Gave him a 4 pack of delicious IPAs, wish I had more to give.

Time to get home, get my bike out and go hit some dirt for the first time in months.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
USPS is completely fucked. My pedals are still lost somewhere in the system, and I just randomly learnt that a beanie from @TreeSaw is not being delivered "at my request" while I made no such request...

New shopping strategy - if only shipped by USPS, pass.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
USPS is completely fucked. My pedals are still lost somewhere in the system, and I just randomly learnt that a beanie from @TreeSaw is not being delivered "at my request" while I made no such request...

Thanks Dejoy!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, friends! Been a busy day already up over here in this peace! Got up early on yet another Saturday so Wife didn't have to do her bike workout alone. She did 60 minutes and I did 90. I showered up and hit the grocery store before the Easter carnage hits, and even at 8:30 the store was busy. I got what I needed and got the hell out. Sitting here now on coffee #3. Wife and I will head to the bike shop today to pick up our bikes, so that means MTB and outdoor road rides are in my very near future. I'll get out for a quick run before we do that. Alllllllrighty then!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Taco tasting and detail planning with the event catering guy at the taqueria in Crested Butte that will supply our wedding guests with delicious tacos was a rousing success last night. Great guy, awesome tacos, killer margaritas. Slight headache today, getting ready for engagement photo session. Then maybe sneak in a short ski tour before more wedding stuff later. Hoping we get all wedding stuff done today, and I can just ski CB for closing day tomorrow. That’ll be a shitshow of the best kind.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Taco tasting and detail planning with the event catering guy at the taqueria in Crested Butte that will supply our wedding guests with delicious tacos was a rousing success last night. Great guy, awesome tacos, killer margaritas. Slight headache today, getting ready for engagement photo session. Then maybe sneak in a short ski tour before more wedding stuff later. Hoping we get all wedding stuff done today, and I can just ski CB for closing day tomorrow. That’ll be a shitshow of the best kind.
Skiing on closing day must be done in jeans

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
USPS office people thought I was an idiot until they run the tracking number through their computer and informed me that there must be some sort of a mix up happening, and gave me a phone number to a higher level USPS office.

No shit Sherlock. :mad:

Found a guy who makes steel frames in his garage and who also owns a bike shop - dude took me in at 9am, fixed the threads on the frame then opened his shop early to sell a new BB.

11/10 will return. Gave him a 4 pack of delicious IPAs, wish I had more to give.

Time to get home, get my bike out and go hit some dirt for the first time in months.
This being BB threads?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Last sips of the morning espresso to go. Have to do some paperwork then run it down to the office. May ride today, or not. Kind of have to mow the lawn or I'm going to lose a dog in the back yard. Going to BBQ two racks of ribs and butcher a leg of lamb.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Subaru is done. I expected the alignment to be off, but it's fucked. Toe on one side is visibly off, despite being conscious of counting turns. Front camber is bonkers and visibly negative. Normally you would drive a few hundred miles to settle the springs, but I'm not sure I'll be able to, because this is bad. It might get two weeks as primary car (maybe 100 miles) then go in for an alignment.

On to additional projects now - installing MIL's cabinets is the primary then getting back to the baseboards. I have until next Monday to get those done, so I'll hold and do those during the week and next weekend.

A little feel-good, good news story never hurt anyone, right? https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/missing-boy-kingston-alive-1.5974670
Who's cutting onions?

Fuck you DeJoy!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Subaru is done. I expected the alignment to be off, but it's fucked. Toe on one side is visibly off, despite being conscious of counting turns. Front camber is bonkers and visibly negative. Normally you would drive a few hundred miles to settle the springs, but I'm not sure I'll be able to, because this is bad. It might get two weeks as primary car (maybe 100 miles) then go in for an alignment.
Sounds like the tyres might be effed by the time you get in for an alignment.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Negative camber on the front is good to encourage the car to rotate, which I hear Stoney likes to do

I used to run -3.x up front for autocross, ~ -2 in the rear.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

What!? It’s in an padded mailing envelope. Should be in your mailbox. Stupid USPS! Keep me posted!

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Hot damn, that was the muddiest hike I have ever done that wasn't while raining. Almost 4k, mostly straight the fuck up. Fun and dirty. Kiddo did great, i think we were around 13,000 feet.

EDIT: Homie don't usually hike

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:stupid:

Just go get lifetime alignments at Firestone. It's $170 or so and you can get one now, after the springs settle, and every other week if you so choose.
The toe is the only concern. Camber isn't horrible, but way, way more negative than I would want on a daily. I had the old Forester at -2/-1 for my daily.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Hey @Adventurous , get your shovel ready. Not only did I find us a good spot for a step down/drop, it's going to be a trail gap as an added bonus. Conveniently located about 1,000ft down the fireroad behind my house.

Not sure how well the pics do it justice, but it's pretty close to a perfect setup. Long, flat downhill run in at ~15% grade the whole way, nice flat rock to build up a take off, and wide open, gradual slope for the landing.

I have a new goal this summer, besides not dying.

IMG_20210403_155419918_resize_73.jpg
IMG_20210403_155448362_resize_17.jpg