Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Post lunch nap is a good thing for the baby and for the parents

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Hey @Adventurous , get your shovel ready. Not only did I find us a good spot for a step down/drop, it's going to be a trail gap as an added bonus. Conveniently located about 1,000ft down the fireroad behind my house.

Not sure how well the pics do it justice, but it's pretty close to a perfect setup. Long, flat downhill run in at ~15% grade the whole way, nice flat rock to build up a take off, and wide open, gradual slope for the landing.

I have a new goal this summer, besides not dying.

View attachment 158550View attachment 158551
:popcorn:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hey @Adventurous , get your shovel ready. Not only did I find us a good spot for a step down/drop, it's going to be a trail gap as an added bonus. Conveniently located about 1,000ft down the fireroad behind my house.

Not sure how well the pics do it justice, but it's pretty close to a perfect setup. Long, flat downhill run in at ~15% grade the whole way, nice flat rock to build up a take off, and wide open, gradual slope for the landing.

Glad to see you're planning to continue hucking to flat.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008

Found some spots with potential to build stuff as well in a private forest close to my place. Had checked that forest out when I moved here but the lack of fire roads or trails and the overall muddy conditions always kept me out. Revisited it now and more paths, horse paths and fire roads for tree felling were put in. Together with the dryer winters this makes it rideable. Need to figure out who owns it and how that person feels about mountain bikers in the forest.
Would be nice to get some more natural trails established after a lot of the official trails get the sanitation + bermkakke treatment. :mad:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Impulse bought some new/old magura brakes off PB. They sound/look relatively unused but a bit manhandled and haggard. I'm hoping I can swap out the bad MC and bad clamp and put the levers on my DH bike and yadda yadda...and end up with new levers on the DH bike, new MT5s on the trail bike, and a spare set of MT Trail sports to sell or frankenbrake. Magura bits are suprisingly hard to come by right now, and I don't really want to mess with the only-available low end options.

looks like I'll be selling my XTs soon.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Lets do it! Won't be the first time we've run a train before.

On a feature that is.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
46.5miles and 3400ft vert on the road.

Hopefully more miles in my legs tomorrow.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Refinanced my mortgage a few months ago. Before my first payment was due it was sold to a different bank twice.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The loan or the servicing contract? Most mortgages in the US go to Freddie or Fannie.
Refinanced through Strong Mortgage who sold it to NewRez who sold it to Freddie. I think New Rez may still service it.

Saving $700 a month over my awesome credit union, so I kind of expected it to be a shit show.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Refinanced through Strong Mortgage who sold it to NewRez who sold it to Freddie. I think New Rez may still service it.

Saving $700 a month over my awesome credit union, so I kind of expected it to be a shit show.
Just went to the similar shit with new Rez who sold it to PHH. New Rez fucked up our insurance payment and sent the money months early, wrong amount ( we fixed it) then fucked up getting us back the money from our escrow account. At least we were on top of it all. We do like the savings and ended up with a 20 year fixed on 300k at 2.25%

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
You guys should just buy houses cash paid in full like everyone around here.

\sarcasm, but only kinda sarcasm
Don't know about you but that would require having more that 1.1 million dollars in pocket change for a 1700 sq ft, 3 bdr 2 bath single family home on a 10,000 sq foot lot around here. I sure as hell don't have that sort of cash. Of course when we bought 8 years ago it was "only" $500K

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Don't know about you but that would require having more that 1.1 million dollars in pocket change for a 1700 sq ft, 3 bdr 2 bath single family home on a 10,000 sq foot lot around here. I sure as hell don't have that sort of cash. Of course when we bought 8 years ago it was "only" $500K
Me and you both, but that's not uncommon around here sadly. Unfortunate for young families such as myself trying to find a place...just ask @Adventurous . He's going through that headache now.

My friend and his family just sold his house a couple months ago in one of the hotter real estate towns....$100k over asking at $902k cash....

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That's it? My parent's house in Laguna Niguel, CA just sold (well, under contract) $200k over asking with 30 offers for $1.35mm, 30day close, free rent back until 6/15.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Can I interest any of you in my parent's house in Syracuse? A few acres, great part of town. Super cool house, 1/2 120 year old updated farmhouse, 1/2 modern architecture, pool, etc. 3k Sq. Ft or so.
Love that house. They bought it in '85 for something like $250k...and now it's worth something like....

$299k.

Location, location, location!

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Lol. Houses we are looking at have double the annual property tax and are 1/4 the price. Live (not tax) free or (I'd contend its more of an and proposition and less of an or) die! :rofl:

:dead:
Prop 13 property. Property taxes will readjust to the new sale price, so they will be substantially (3-4x) higher next year.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Can I interest any of you in my parent's house in Syracuse? A few acres, great part of town. Super cool house, 1/2 120 year old updated farmhouse, 1/2 modern architecture, pool, etc. 3k Sq. Ft or so.
Love that house. They bought it in '85 for something like $250k...and now it's worth something like....

$299k.

Location, location, location!
Got a link?

i daydream about selling our house and retiring at 40 on the profit. But what the duck do you do in Syracuse?