Quantcast

$$¶©%Shaturday£¢€¥

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Where did you live in Syracuse, Sandwich? My folks are up in the hills above Nottingham High School. I helped build some of the trails at Skytop way back when...

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Where did you live in Syracuse, Sandwich? My folks are up in the hills above Nottingham High School. I helped build some of the trails at Skytop way back when...
I grew up in Manlius, but cruised the mean streets of Erie blvd through high school and beyond. There’s a launch ramp up at sky top that I may be familiar with. I haven’t seen the jump line in like 10 years tho

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
I grew up in Manlius, but cruised the mean streets of Erie blvd through high school and beyond. There’s a launch ramp up at sky top that I may be familiar with. I haven’t seen the jump line in like 10 years tho
Manlius...fancy!
As to the house, I have been making that joke for ten years about the valuation. But looking at comps in the area, I think we will be pleasantly surprised when it comes time to sell. Its a really unique property, I imagine an SU prof or Admin will probably buy it due to it's proximity to SU. (My dad was a dean).
You ever ride at Green Lakes when it was legal?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Manlius...fancy!
As to the house, I have been making that joke for ten years about the valuation. But looking at comps in the area, I think we will be pleasantly surprised when it comes time to sell. Its a really unique property, I imagine an SU prof or Admin will probably buy it due to it's proximity to SU. (My dad was a dean).
You ever ride at Green Lakes when it was legal?
Is it not legal again? I loved green lakes. Woody and I used to ride there, including the Vs. wish I could go back now that I have a real bike and legs to match, but whatevs. My first race was at highland forest. 1996 I think

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Ah, yes, Highland, I raced there in ‘91 or so. Full Lycra weenie on a Klein.
Came in third in ‘expert’, which was a joke compared to just a few years later.
I was not actually fast, but I had a few technical/bunny hop skills that the real road weenies didn’t have. I think three downed trees put me on the podium. Those were different days..,

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
LOL, I was like 15 so I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I remember it starting and immediately getting stuck in a line going up the hill, only I didn't have the pace to keep up with the experts. And then I wiped out coming down the final hill going 3x faster than everybody else, but lost 2x that time peeling myself out of the gravel -.-

I loved skytop though, great trails.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I spent a lot of time in Syracuse in the late 90s. Girlfriend at the time was from there and we visited her family a lot. Her mother wouldn't let me stay in the same house fearing we would "sin" in her home. So we always got a room at a sketchy Red Roof Inn off of I-90 and defiled each other in creative ways.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Well, then you have seen the finest that da 'Cuse has to offer...

GF's mother was a devout catholic who got an abortion about once a year. Her father was a weed dealing pool cleaner. Step father did time for robbing a bank, he was actually a good dude. Brother was in and out of jail for slinging various narcotics. So yeah, experienced the best and brightest.

My favorite experience from those trips was while walking back to our car after having dinner with her family, we heard lots of screeching tires, bending metal, broken glass followed by a splash. GFs mother mistook the accelerator for the brake pedal while backing out of a parking spot, plowed through 10 cars before driving the car into the lake. Having had a single beer for dinner she feared a DWI and DRANK a bunch of Listerine to get the smell of beer off of her breath. I couldn't stop laughing while picking her up from jail.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Especially poaching Clark Res and some other trails south of the highway...
never got to those... I wrote "MEAT DH1" on my hat at high school graduation. after i got good, I never went back to finish it because then it wouldn't be a mystery...

fuccccck. my whole mother's side of the family is from/lives in buffalo/syracuse/rochester. y'all makin them look good.
syracuse and the area has good and bad parts. most of it is normal burbs, but then you get into meth country...