Quantcast

~~·Tuesday GMT ·~~

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
3:40am ... Shoot me. :dead:

Can't sleep, too much on the mind. I need a good bike ride, or maybe to go running like that dog, or something.

Storm coming this weekend, at least we got that goin'.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Idea of that job offer is sinking in. Need to negotiate more vacation. Offer provides a stupid number of fixed holidays, but only 10 proper vacation days. Never been one for taking a bunch of time off at the end of the year.

Spent an hour on the phone with the hiring manager last night, I have worked for him before, great guy. That means a lot.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I went to bed at 8:15 last night ffs. A solid night of sleep besides the dog having to go outside to make some steamers at 3:00 AM. Good dog. 2100 yard swim done before work. Time for poop then a coffee.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Jet lagged. Landed at 10pm PST at home by 11:35 . We had to drop the MIL off at her home ( very enjoyable ride knowing that was the last I will see over he for a while). Had just over five hours of sleep and now its off to work I go. The short bus folks will be a pleasure compared to having to spend 9 day with the MIL Witch.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Idea of that job offer is sinking in. Need to negotiate more vacation. Offer provides a stupid number of fixed holidays, but only 10 proper vacation days. Never been one for taking a bunch of time off at the end of the year.

Spent an hour on the phone with the hiring manager last night, I have worked for him before, great guy. That means a lot.
IMO, it comes down ultimately if WA is someplace you want to live regardless of this opportunity.
I moved around for work quite a bit in a past life (w/i US and EU) but eventually tired of the efforts reinventing social networks etc repeatedly.
This resulted in moving where I wanted to live and then sorting the career to make it happen.

Ask yourself if WA is that place for you should this job wash out (management change, buy-out etc).

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Was doing some demo work last night on a compost bin in the backyard when I took a mighty Thor swing with my war hammer. It slipped out of my gloved hand and went straight into my shin. That felt great let me tell you.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Mornin!

Was doing some demo work last night on a compost bin in the backyard when I took a mighty Thor swing with my war hammer. It slipped out of my gloved hand and went straight into my shin. That felt great let me tell you.
Better than your balls.
Glass 1/2 full and all that....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
Storm coming this weekend, at least we got that goin'.

Who was the jerk who invented work? :rant:
I don't know, but in 3 days I'm telling him/her to PISS OFF.

Yah - this seems to be the modern "gotcha"... and some companies stare at you blankly when you indicate it's not enough. The upcoming gig has 3 weeks + 2 weeks "sick" that HR *and* mgmt assured me could be used for powder days. Hopefully I don't get burned not getting that in writing. :D

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Need to negotiate more vacation. Offer provides a stupid number of fixed holidays, but only 10 proper vacation days. Never been one for taking a bunch of time off at the end of the year.
just add a sick day or two to any one of those stupid fixed holidays?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Warm here and supposed to rain. I want my winter damnit!!! Sitter's kids both have pink eye so now we are watching the young one to see if she has any symptoms. Syd's play is this weekend and she has a gymnastics meet so it's bound to be a busy week around these parts.
Have a happy day peeps!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

<snip> but eventually tired of the efforts reinventing social networks etc repeatedly.
I think the :monkey: *IS* westy's social network, no? :homer:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
35 minute commute took 90 today. most roads that are normally 2 lanes each way are only plowed 1 lane each way. at least i had the foresight to make coffee at home, and i had bacon jerky in the car.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
emergencyjerky ftw. i usually have some in my pack, which lives in the car. 5yo had no school today; 10yo 2 hour delay. what the fucking fuck?!?!

but hey, it's 51* and sunny...so I'll cheer up and have a beer at lunch to get over it. :D

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande

My employer does not provide sick days, everyone has MTO which is My Time Off and it can be used for any reason, the days are deposited monthly, for me that equates to 2.25 days each month plus 4 paid holidays. That translates to a little over 6 weeks per year after 10 years.

You should negotiate a minimum of 4 weeks... IMHO.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Oregon passed a law allowing contract employees to earn sick time (not to be used for PTO or holidays that are unpaid). But working at a financial institution, we have a stupid number of holidays that I don't get paid for. But I do get 1 hour for every 30 worked accruing. Yay.

I need to dust off my resume, this place is getting kinda funky. Found out a few of my team members are done at the end of next month when my contract is up (been told I am being extended, but have my doubts). Good times.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I am in the mines today. Annual review day! No upperdeckers planned as of now.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My employer does not provide sick days, everyone has MTO which is My Time Off and it can be used for any reason, the days are deposited monthly, for me that equates to 2.25 days each month plus 4 paid holidays. That translates to a little over 6 weeks per year after 10 years.

You should negotiate a minimum of 4 weeks... IMHO.
Found $20 bill in a Puddle outside the store.
Don't dry it out, go buy a box of depends with it.