Quantcast

»¥« Thursday GMT »¥«

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
morning monkeys.

Yay, made it past hump day. This new gig is awesome, but it's like this huge flashback to the mid 90's. I'm waiting for them to announce that tomorrow is hawaiian shirt day...

It's such a different world that where i've been since 2002. :panic:
tell us more.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
so my older brother found out that the vice principal of the elementary school his oldest goes to is a straight up liar on the first day.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
tell us more.
So my company offers training for the products that we make and sell. Contractors and designers from all over come here to learn about how they can use our stuff in projects they have. Company pays to fly you in, put you up in a nice hotel nearby, all day training classes with lunch provided and then dinner afterwards.

As part of my new hire training, I get to attend these classes. It's cool because the training rooms are fully wired, so some of the training is power point, and the rest is hands on building and configuring systems. Monday and Tuesday was working on our paging systems designed for malls, airports, and hospitals. I got to do prerecorded messages then broadcast them over other peoples setups.

It was interesting to hear what the people in the class thought about our company and products. Everyone said how rock solid everything we make is and how great it all is to work with. A few of the guys teaching also take support calls and know some of the guys in the class from calls before.

It only makes sense. Invest a little into the people that aren't salesmen for your product, but who ultimately decide what products to tell someone they should buy and install. Then build a relationship over time that promotes the products you make. Rather than chasing the $$$, focus on building the best products out there and the $$$ chases you.

/coolstorybro

<edit> Some of the classes are 2 days, some are a full week. Lunch is catered, dinner was Portland Seafood Co, or a $30 gift card somewhere nearby. Nearly everything we sell is built here in house. There is one cheap product that was outsourced, and there is a company we bought that isn't local. Everything else is in-house.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
oh!oh! details!details!
sent oldest home on the bus.

sent the oldest home on the bus to a house where there is no one home 99.999999999% of the time during the day and claimed they had my brothers signed permission.

claimed that he came in and signed it that morning....could not produce the paper but still claim he came in and signed it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
sent oldest home on the bus.

sent the oldest home on the bus to a house where there is no one home 99.999999999% of the time during the day and claimed they had my brothers signed permission.

claimed that he came in and signed it that morning....could not produce the paper but still claim he came in and signed it.
ohhhhhhh boy. so where is this going now?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ok, Friday is NOT Hawaiian shirt day, it is College Team Colors day! :fans:

Since my for profit university lacked an athletics department, I will wear a plain white shirt. :rofl: