Quantcast

»»»Dimanche«««

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just found some old HDD's in a box that I've not looked at in 10+ years.

Haven't played video games in years but I now need to install an XP VM so I can play Red Alert, Syndicate and Settlers.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Slept in until just after 7 when the dogs jumped on the bed and all three of them had that look of get up let us outside or we leave shit all over the hall way. It was a very convincing argument. Making coffee, looking and the light rain falling, NWS says it should end soon. I have no fucking clue what I might go do today

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
No Duke Nukem??
Likely on CD somewhere, not on this first 3 1/2" SATA HDD.
Got 3 old 2 1/2 SATA's to go through still too - but those might be old work laptop drives.

edit: Monkey Island 1&2, Sam and Max \o/, time to find scummvm for the new tablet.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wife and I attempted to ski yesterday but thick fog visibility was making us both nauseous, so we bailed early. And holy shit, the Mount Snow crowds! What the hell is happening there!? Even the line to buy lift tickets was the longest I have ever seen it (not an issue for me since I have an annual pass).

Beautiful day back at home today. I did an 8 mile run workout, made mildly frustrating by black ice.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Rain finished up during the night, it's just damp and cloudy outside with a surface that invites nothing. I have waded through the entire sludgepile of discussion on MTBR about KT; trying to figure out if I can manage to get up to the meeting on the 11th and whether it might be worth it.
I've been following it closely. Some points have been raised regarding weird accounting practices.
So weird how fast it went from success story to text book on what not to do.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. After the baby naps and wakes up thereafter we shall embark on our vehicular mode of transport for ye olde Montain du Copperrrrrrrre. There through Wednesday.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello all. After the baby naps and wakes up thereafter we shall embark on our vehicular mode of transport for ye olde Montain du Copperrrrrrrre. There through Wednesday.
Just curious, does autopilot actively follow road sign based speed limits?

Reason I ask, there is a construction zone on a local freeway that has normal lanes and whatnot, but the speed limit on the signs is reduced to 80kmh. A Model 3 was doing exactly 80 in this section, mean while the flow of traffic was going north of 100. Talk about sketch accordion affect with people trying to dodge this guy...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Reason I ask, there is a construction zone on a local freeway that has normal lanes and whatnot, but the speed limit on the signs is reduced to 80kmh. A Model 3 was doing exactly 80 in this section, mean while the flow of traffic was going north of 100. Talk about sketch accordion affect with people trying to dodge this guy...
Probably just someone from Seattle

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

AP1, powered by Mobileye, did read road signs (as did my powered by Mobileye Volvo).

AP2 and onwards, in house Tesla wares, so 2015? don’t read signs. They have built in databases of speed limits. However, they do recognize construction zones so maybe that was it? Or maybe the driver is just all about the letter of the law.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sitting at Whole Foods parking lot charging the Bolt while Hannah sleeps. Just watched a gentleman (older) pull up into the electric car charging spot next to me in a non-electric car. Rolled the window down and pointed out that it was an electric car spot and there are spots 3 down. He just told me a to fuck off, pulled out some crutches, and hobbled in, mind there are 5 handicap spots to my right and the rest of the lot is 30ft behind me.

He shopped for about 20min and came back out with a full cart. Took him about 2min to get out the door (normal, not automatic), then struggled for over 5min to get his full cart unloaded. Rolled my window down and pointed out that life is much easier when you are polite to people. That I would have gladly helped him if he had relocated out of an electric spot and hadn't told me to fuck off earlier. He didn't seem particularly happy about my statement. Oh well...

Otherwise, shoulder still hurts pretty bad from yesterday. Got in some solid, clean runs down harder blue/black bump runs and my thighs hurt accordingly. Found out Haley is going to have a moguls comp at the end of Devo, which she is psyched for. Also found an 'in' for a small studio about 30min from Winter Park for cheap next winter. All-in a good weekend.