Quantcast

¿¡`çž— Hâppÿ Wēdñęßdæÿ mÿ düd뚉‰‰

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
present. up too late completing another chapter of the neverending story aka cleaning the workshop. its starting to actually come along, and is getting close to being in useable order again.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey fellas! Swam this morning and will run later. My swim was great. I need more like that.

I am in the office for the second day in a row, just to check off my obligatory twice a week in-person requirement, that way I will have a five day "weekend."

debating cranksets for the TT bike. Actually I'm debating the whole effing thing but mostly 24mm cranksets
In the interest of adding (nothing of value) to the discussion, I have a Power2Max crankset which is my "FUCKING POWER METER."

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Garage has siding on it for the first time in 10 months. So that's a plus, of course no sooner did it get finished when a mouse chewed a hole in the weatherstripping to get in.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey fellas! Swam this morning and will run later. My swim was great. I need more like that.

I am in the office for the second day in a row, just to check of my obligatory twice a week in-person requirement, that way I will have a five day "weekend."

In the interest of adding (nothing of value) to the discussion, I have a Power2Max crankset which is my "FUCKING POWER METER."
You aren't selling it though, are ya?
I have a pedal power meter...and I have a chainring power meter. If i can find a 5x110 170mm crankset, I'll swap it over and D-U-N done with it.

but is it neon enough to sell to sandwich?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Got up early enough to have rode, but drank coffee and watched Mando and Bad Batch, so I think that’s a win

I think I “need” a track saw. Trying to decide how bad said “need” is.
Track saws kick ass. What are your needs? Seemingly every brand has released one in the past few years.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Just saw a massive hawk in the backyard tearing at something. Got excited because I thought I was going to get to see a squirrel get it’s face chewed off again. But it was grabbing nest material. The adults will use the squirrels as target practice for teaching their young to hunt. Nature is some hardcore shit, maaan…

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Track saws kick ass. What are your needs? Seemingly every brand has released one in the past few years.
Well that’s what I’m trying to decide. Ripping large long pieces is a huge pain in the ass on my table saw. Usually 2.5” is as deep as I need to go (that’s what she said). 10 or so feet of track. Wondering if the kreg kit for any saw is worth a shit.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hallo ppls

wfh day. dropping off Baby Aya at preschool first. think i'll take the new e-cargo bike. but i suppose one must get dressed first for that

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
So I can be a bad influence, what speed/size chainrings are you after with the crankset?
Right now I have a very low end FSA crankset (omega, with 19mm bottom bracket) and a 5x110mm 36-52 Power meter chainring setup.

I would be happy with a 5x110mm crankset so I can swap the rings over or a crankset that comes with rings. Not certain on gearing choice, this is a TT bike so high gearing is nice, but grinding home on a 36-21 is just barely sufferable...I don't think a 39x21 would be pleasant when I'm tired. I think a 34-50 or 36-52 is the choice here, anything else will require a different cassette.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Well that’s what I’m trying to decide. Ripping large long pieces is a huge pain in the ass on my table saw. Usually 2.5” is as deep as I need to go (that’s what she said). 10 or so feet of track. Wondering if the kreg kit for any saw is worth a shit.
If you want 2.5" in one pass, you'll need the larger Festool TS75. The 6 1/2" saws will only do ~2" max depth of cut at 90*.

General consensus seems to be the hardware to join tracks is a bit bodgy and introduces error, better off having a one piece full length track. Good news is a 10' Festool track will run you half the cost of the saw. :D

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I’m not sure, I think if I bought a Festool I would have to grow a ironically well groomed beard, develop a taste of the most obscure ipa’s and start a YouTube channel.
Do they do free demo's over there? In Oz they'll come to you and demo the stuff.
I still really ragret saving the ~$100 and going with the Metabo, it is poop in comparison.
Everything on the Festool is nice and solid, my angle setting thingy sucks, the one on the festool is twice as big so you don't need to do as many(or any) practice cuts.
There's not much in Festool that I'd buy but I'd buy the plunge saw if I went again.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys

Hump day here we come. I swear I saw a motorcycle cop with a Forester pulled over in the same Chevron this morning. Not sure if it's the same cop but I'm pretty damn sure it was the same car. :rofl:

No idea what today holds. My calendar is still pretty empty and I'm told we don't have a bunch of meetings and that's so awesome. So far this gig is almost too good.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Do they do free demo's over there? In Oz they'll come to you and demo the stuff.
I still really ragret saving the ~$100 and going with the Metabo, it is poop in comparison.
Everything on the Festool is nice and solid, my angle setting thingy sucks, the one on the festool is twice as big so you don't need to do as many(or any) practice cuts.
There's not much in Festool that I'd buy but I'd buy the plunge saw if I went again.
The only area where I've found Festool to be notably superior is their myriad of attachments. From sanders to routers they've got a number of attachments that would otherwise you'd have to source a third party jig or make it yourself.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
mornin fellow simians.

rode into the office today. knee is not unhappy with that decision. still colder than expected and a stiff headwind made it brisk.

my 12 year old has fully entered adolescence. cranky AF, and mucho attitude this morning (and every morning really). remind me again why I had kids?!

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
If you want 2.5" in one pass, you'll need the larger Festool TS75. The 6 1/2" saws will only do ~2" max depth of cut at 90*.

General consensus seems to be the hardware to join tracks is a bit bodgy and introduces error, better off having a one piece full length track. Good news is a 10' Festool track will run you half the cost of the saw. :D
There lyes the problem. I seem to be working with larger wood lately, and am thinking I need a 10 1/2” saw. I am debating stoping at 80/20 and seeing what I can rig up myself

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
mornin fellow simians.

rode into the office today. knee is not unhappy with that decision. still colder than expected and a stiff headwind made it brisk.

my 12 year old has fully entered adolescence. cranky AF, and mucho attitude this morning (and every morning really). remind me again why I had kids?!
Because... ahhh... eh. I got nothin'.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
mornin fellow simians.

Your genes are selfish little fuckers who only care about replicating themselves and care not about your happiness or anyone else's for that matter.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Rode early, again.
Getting my elbows zapped with some radial electroshock therapy later today. Hopefully this will speed up recovery before trailbuilding season.

Speaking of cranks. Seems my RF Aefect developed a side to side play. Bearings are smooth and tight. Torqued to specs. Splines are immaculate. Can the machined part of the axle be worn? Non drive side shows a not so perfect surface...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode early, again.
Getting my elbows zapped with some radial electroshock therapy later today. Hopefully this will speed up recovery before trailbuilding season.

Speaking of cranks. Seems my RF Aefect developed a side to side play. Bearings are smooth and tight. Torqued to specs. Splines are immaculate. Can the machined part of the axle be worn? Non drive side shows a not so perfect surface...
The crank arms are tight, but you can slide them side to side through the BB?