Quantcast

¿¿¿¿●turdsday gfmt●¿¿¿¿

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i slept 7 hours.....seven fucking hours of uninterrupted bliss....i am marking it on the calendar....the drive to montana starts shortly.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Rode last night. Same trails, distance and elevation as I rode on Sunday, only it was 20 degrees hotter. Sunday's ride was easy, last night kicked my ass. Fuck this never ending summer.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning!! Setting up three new companies in the payroll system is a gigantic pain in the ass.

25 mile road ride on the tri bike last night. Felt good. I go faster with less effort when my legs aren't exhausted all the time. Then I was up early this morning for an hour swim with the masters group.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Someone left a fund raiser sign up form for one of their kids in the break room. His 8th grade son's football team is selling bed sheets. There are fabric swatches and anything. Whatever happened to the good old days of cookies, popcorn, and wolf howling at the moon t-shirts?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I plan to do little work on my academic day today. I will record an audition video for my wife (1st clarinet audition for her with a video pre-screener), mow the lawn, and pedal in to my office at the least.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
attention toyota: a grown ass man of at least six feet in height should not have to do a yoga position to get into a 4 runner...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Got my 5.10 Impacts yesterday. You blokes were right - they really stick like magic to those spiky pedals.
The rubber soles of my Free Riders are already delaminating on the inside arch of both shoes. It should be easy to fix but still annoying for the price paid. I have a set of Impact High Tops for winter - the soles look more stout.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Mornin!

Someone left a fund raiser sign up form for one of their kids in the break room. His 8th grade son's football team is selling bed sheets. There are fabric swatches and anything. Whatever happened to the good old days of cookies, popcorn, and wolf howling at the moon t-shirts?
AUR wins the day (average unit retail).

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
attention toyota: a grown ass man of at least six feet in height should not have to do a yoga position to get into a 4 runner...
Tacomas are equally bad. Low seat to make up for the lack of headroom with resultant weird-for-truck feet forward driving position.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Today marks the first day here in Maine where the sun will set before 7 pm. That sucks for doing long rides after work without lights. The novelty of night riding wore off many years ago. I still do a lot of it, but I prefer the daylight because I am scared of vampires.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode buttloads of single track yesterday. One ride during the day and then the group ride at night with the lights.

Heading out for MOAR.

I have been fussing with the trailer again. Installed a voltmeter without major disasters and did mechanical installation of USB and 12V outlets, still have to wire them in.

Ten mile ride last night verified that new cassette took care of skipping in lowest gear after replacing chain.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning, body is tired today. Seven miles on the ground yesterday with pack and no actual trails. Going to buy a machete this week for chopping low brush on a bunch of the small trails, and hopefully get back out on Tuesday. Good news is the garmin etrex 20x did great at tracking.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Today marks the first day here in Maine where the sun will set before 7 pm. That sucks for doing long rides after work without lights. The novelty of night riding wore off many years ago. I still do a lot of it, but I prefer the daylight because I am scared of vampires.
up your way i'd be more worried about moose.

and sasquatch.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
on the plus side....rear seats fold down all the way and a grown ass man of about 6 feet can stretch out in the back....

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
up your way i'd be more worried about moose.

and sasquatch.
I have had many moose encounters on the trail. One time I was riding down a dirt road and one was just standing there. So I stopped to see what he was going to do. He looked up at me, grunted and just went back to licking the rocks on the dirt road. I didn't dare go around him,(He had big horns=big wang) because they are very unpredictable when scared. So I just stood there for many minutes waiting for him to move. He didn't. So now I am asking myself "Self, what should I do? Turn back on your mission or try to get the stupid moose to move along." I decided that I didn't want to turn back, so I started making as much noise as I could to get him to move. He finally started walking down the road in the direction I was going, which is better than at me. He walked 3 miles down that road and I was stuck behind him for those 3 miles. I am not a fan of moose, but they do taste good when properly cooked.

TL/DR= Moose suck and are dumb.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I have had many moose encounters on the trail. One time I was riding down a dirt road and one was just standing there. So I stopped to see what he was going to do. He looked up at me, grunted and just went back to licking the rocks on the dirt road. I didn't dare go around him,(He had big horns=big wang) because they are very unpredictable when scared. So I just stood there for many minutes waiting for him to move. He didn't. So now I am asking myself "Self, what should I do? Turn back on your mission or try to get the stupid moose to move along." I decided that I didn't want to turn back, so I started making as much noise as I could to get him to move. He finally started walking down the road in the direction I was going, which is better than at me. He walked 3 miles down that road and I was stuck behind him for those 3 miles. I am not a fan of moose, but they do taste good when properly cooked.

TL/DR= Moose suck and are dumb.
While camping this weekend the wife and I were hanging by the fire when our dogs bolted barking their heads off. I looked up to see a full grown bull and cow moose just up the road. Luckily the commotion scared them off otherwise I'm not sure how everything would have played out.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
That's not good to hear as I'm 6'2" and we've been considering 4runners if we get a second car.

Meanwhile, riding up in the mountains every day with my wife sure beats working for a living.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
That's not good to hear as I'm 6'2" and we've been considering 4runners if we get a second
i am between 6' or 6'1" depending on posture....it seems to have a short door opening and a seat that sits up too high....even when adjusted all the way down....more ducking than i expected...and the seats do not go back very far...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I am happy to report that the rain last night and in the morning has turned the trails into a giggle fest of hero dirt and slideways action on the roots. Down side is that it was humid as hell in the forest.

Taco time.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Back in SD. We left Nebraska in a stylish way - via a dusty dirt road. Pine ridge is indeed sad, although not as bad as the Navajo reservation in Arizona, imho. Badlands are badass, moar Badlands and rodeo tomorrow.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Great ride tonight. Humid as fuck though and greasy as hell. There was thick fog, making the night riding kinda tough, but the new lights have enough power to not give a fuck! I've now got honey badger lights!

Capped the ride off with a beer swim in the lake. A buddy said to bring life jackets, you can basically sit on them and float in the lake while drinking your beer... Brilliant!