Quantcast

¿¿¿¿●turdsday gfmt●¿¿¿¿

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
tired.

@narlus .....nick played for about 2.5 hours last night.....hooray for no openers....it was still a blur....played jack the ripper during a five song encore...

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Installed a new Minion DHF 2.6 on the front of my bike last night before my ride. So much fun. I built up some 30mm internal width rims over the winter and have been wanting something wider than a 2.3 up front. Will bang again tonight.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Almost embarassed to admit this but tonight will be my first bike ride in a month. Yes, a month. It will be a slow, hot slog up some 2,000' hill followed by a bomber descent. :thumb: for me.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Mornin!

Almost embarassed to admit this but tonight will be my first bike ride in a month. Yes, a month. It will be a slow, hot slog up some 2,000' hill followed by a bomber descent. :thumb: for me.
Where? I'm doing a short loop at WR this morning before a noon meeting at work.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Thinking about taking a 1/2 day so I can finish off the stairs and railings on the rebuilt deck at the in-laws before her dad quadruple guesses everything and eventually wants to do it the wrong way :rofl:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Where? I'm doing a short loop at WR this morning before a noon meeting at work.
My corporate overlord demands my honest loyalty until 3 pm and I shall be heading out after that. Probably Chimney Gulch to Apex (EF) so I have some reprieve from the sun.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Got to find some signage that is lost in the black hole of prop storage. then an emergency run to McMaster-Carr some 60 minutes or so away to pick up one little tool. I need to order about $250K worth of prop money too.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Up late last night working on a presentation for a bunch of corporate big wigs. In early working on dumb presentation for the corporate big wigs.

I somehow got chosen to mediate an argument between two internal organizations that hate each other and have been making up " fake technical arguments" to back up their opinions.

How fucked up is this place when I am the one who is chosen to do such things because of my "objective judgment and personal skills"

I clearly have these people fooled.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
FTS level is high already. I'm glad today is Friday. That issue with sales stats being off yesterday? Not surprisingly is being pointed at me for being wrong, even though I was correct in my number and the Director sides with me. Once Wifey gets a set thing, I think I need to start looking at other options. For the amount of crap I have to deal with (read stress), I might as well just get paid accordingly.

Wifey's Friday interview was pushed to today, so that's a positive (I think?). Sounds like the real estate company really wants to get somebody in to fill the position and she's primary on the list.

I also cancelled the CX bike order from Nashbar. The frame, which was listed as available, isn't so there's an unknown eta. Somebody local is selling an XL Yeti ARC-X for a freaking awesome price and I think I can wash the Look as a full bike sale with some part swapping (better to Look as I'm not racing it).

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was tasked with getting some functional information from a vendor regarding a system implementation. I could almost hear them salivating through the phone. They wanted to talk budget but IDGAF about budget...I was asked to get info on the system. New ERP systems sure are spendy though.

2200 yard swim done before work. The masters "group workout" consisted of me. I told the coach halfway through that I was fine on my own and he could leave...I felt bad making him hang around just for me. Road ride with the spousal unit tonight. Her workout...I'll just hang back and draft.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My mom is here but leaving after lunch. She's been here almost two weeks to help out, she's a peach. She got here two days before baby was born.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I was tasked with getting some functional information from a vendor regarding a system implementation. I could almost hear them salivating through the phone. They wanted to talk budget but IDGAF about budget...I was asked to get info on the system. New ERP systems sure are spendy though.

2200 yard swim done before work. The masters "group workout" consisted of me. I told the coach halfway through that I was fine on my own and he could leave...I felt bad making him hang around just for me. Road ride with the spousal unit tonight. Her workout...I'll just hang back and draft.
I went for a run yesterday.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I told the coach halfway through that I was fine on my own and he could leave...I felt bad making him hang around just for me.
felt bad, or felt creeped out that he was watching your glistening body part the shimmering waters as your muscles rippled?

Road ride with the spousal unit tonight. Her workout...I'll just hang back and watch.
fixed it for you. :brows:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Yesterday ended poorly:

An accessory belt pulley exploded on my way home. Glad it was before I got to the highway.

Decided to make up for it by going out for another early ride today before "working from home".

If I maintain my current ride frequency/intensity, I'm either going to be super fit, or break myself.

Meh. Only one way to find out, I guess.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Didn't ride last night, so have to double mileage tonight to play catch-up.

Hope to hit the trails this weekend and see what the Kalamalka mountain bike park has to offer in the form of life threatening bumps and jumps.

I did buy a used Demo 8 last winter, might as well see how it works..

Umm... I think you are doing it wrong... The joys of "Wireless" is there is nothing to install...:brows:
Perhaps you should come do it. I ran 150' of Cat 6 from [shitty] DSL modem/router/WAP from building H to building G, which feeds a Ubiquiti Pro WAP, which is to talk to solar array and R-Pod. Given that I don't do this for a living, I wound up purchasing stuff I didn't need (PoE switch) and perhaps failed to purchase stuff that I do need (Cloud Key). I am magnificently lost in all this. Did find UniFi Android app which may or may not allow me to configure WAP without getting the Cloud Key.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Perhaps you should come do it. I ran 150' of Cat 6 from [shitty] DSL modem/router/WAP from building H to building G, which feeds a Ubiquiti Pro WAP, which is to talk to solar array and R-Pod. Given that I don't do this for a living, I wound up purchasing stuff I didn't need (PoE switch) and perhaps failed to purchase stuff that I do need (Cloud Key). I am magnificently lost in all this. Did find UniFi Android app which may or may not allow me to configure WAP without getting the Cloud Key.
Unfortunately, I left the Telecom business behind 16 years ago (Communications Electrician by trade) so I'm probably not up enough on the new WAP gear or this "Cloud" business, though I'm sure "Cloud" is code for paying again for the internet that's already in place. I can't remember what the length limits on Cat 6 cable is anymore, or when noise and crosstalk become an issue for good signal.

Used to do a bunch of short hop microwave for building to building wireless lan access... WiLan I think it was called....

Now, I'm a mechanik.....