Quantcast

¿¿¿¿sunday gfmt????

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Late to bed, early to rise makes me tired. Wish my mind had a modicum of chill and would let me sleep.

Got several new bruises/sorespots yesterday from hitting trees. Seem to be doing that a lot this year.

In years past, probably 75% of my bike rides were done solo. This year, 90% have been with someone. What an odd disparity.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Took perhaps the most savage wreck of my existence on Friday at Sugar mtn, in which I separated the fuck out of my already dicked up shoulder and apparently got folded up in such a way my back muscles exploded. After all manner of muscle relaxers and NSAIDS, I feel as bad or somehow worse than I did after it happened. Went to ortho urgent care and they offered me vicodin, which is clear evidence the narco nazis have won. I dont think fentanyl could touch this shit, much less fucking vico. So with that, what's good to watch on Netflix or Amazon these days?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I rode mountain bikes yesterday
today I will mow the lawn, and maybe ride my roadie
tomorrow I will take the kids to the beach, maybe

i hope you all have a good day

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Late to bed, early to rise makes me tired. Wish my mind had a modicum of chill and would let me sleep.

Got several new bruises/sorespots yesterday from hitting trees. Seem to be doing that a lot this year.

In years past, probably 75% of my bike rides were done solo. This year, 90% have been with someone. What an odd disparity.
Lots of tight turns and narrow trees at llf. That's some of my biggest fears riding in NE - clipping trees at speed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Finally cooled off enough last night to have a bonfire and try out the new pie iron. My son loved it, although my daughter didn't try it (I think she was full from sneaking marshmallows).

Pork loin turned out awesome from the grill. Enough leftover for pork chop sandwiches.

Espresso now, finishing a few projects this morning. Biking with kids later.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Took perhaps the most savage wreck of my existence on Friday at Sugar mtn, in which I separated the fuck out of my already dicked up shoulder and apparently got folded up in such a way my back muscles exploded. After all manner of muscle relaxers and NSAIDS, I feel as bad or somehow worse than I did after it happened. Went to ortho urgent care and they offered me vicodin, which is clear evidence the narco nazis have won. I dont think fentanyl could touch this shit, much less fucking vico. So with that, what's good to watch on Netflix or Amazon these days?
Altered carbon would probably be interesting on a schedule 3 pain killer.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

Likely story, Ya just want to lay around today ya lazy bastard. :disgust1:

Seriously though, I have an idea on what you are going though.
I wrapped myself around a tree a few years ago when things went wrong on the big bike and bruised the shit out of my lower back and hips.

Aleve and two Percocet (then down two one Perc after a couple of days) stacked was the only way I could get some relief. It didn't take the pain away, you could still feel the throb, but the sharpness was gone and I was able to sleep. Was on the couch for almost two weeks using a chair as a walker.

Good luck on a quick heal up.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Shit, get better soon! Also to @Adventurous!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
if you have hbo app....perry mason...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
About to play 18 with the FIL and BILs. Will be fun to try out the golf app on the new Garmin and pretend I know what I'm doing.

Already thinking about waking up early tomorrow and hitting the local trails up here.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Seattle is getting a nice thick cloud of smoke. But there are no fires upwind of here. The smoke is getting blown out to the Pacific, north of hawaii then back inland.
courtesy of california...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So Sugar wasn’t so Schweet. Heal up dude.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Riding buddy is contemplating joining the dark side so was borrowing his (out with injury) buddy's e-bike for another week, so we did a bigly amount of "riding" today.

Mountain Lion + full Snowshoe Hare loop
White Ranch, bottom to very top, then Helltrack route back down

No new injuries.
Very tired me.
~650 Wh used for me over two packs, ~400 Wh for him (because he's 140 lbs).

Good times, and not a set of rides I'd do in one day otherwise.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Rode bicycles with wifey to over 14k, then down again.

edit: smoke blowing south from the Cameron Peak fire has made it impossible to be outside this afternoon. Visibility seriously gone downhill since this morning.

Last edited:

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Heal up @jackalope. Check out Cobra Kai on the NF. I enjoyed the first two Seasons that are out.

Woke up to 48 freedums this morning and decided to ride. It is finally dried out around here and trails are great. And, almost finished with van electrical, yay.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
drove up to the hills with the fam, played in a creek for a while, then hiked. perfect temps.

got permission to go back up for a ride tomorrow. win.

making pork scaloppine and roasted potatoes now.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Hello all. Riding buddy is contemplating joining the dark side so was borrowing his (out with injury) buddy's e-bike for another week, so we did a bigly amount of "riding" today.

Mountain Lion + full Snowshoe Hare loop
White Ranch, bottom to very top, then Helltrack route back down

No new injuries.
Very tired me.
~650 Wh used for me over two packs, ~400 Wh for him (because he's 140 lbs).

Good times, and not a set of rides I'd do in one day otherwise.
But could you, without the e-bike ?